Author Topic: Islamic State reportedly burns Jordanian pilot to death  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Islamic State reportedly burns Jordanian pilot to death
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2015, 07:43:36 pm »
Can I start with this question about the here and now:  Is or is not Iran in Syria fighting ISIS?

Just a "yes", a "no" or an "I don't know" would help me greatly.

Thanks.

Iran is indeed propping up their puppet in Syria by every means possible.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2015, 07:44:15 pm »
I completely understand your position and wish that I were able to comply with your request. Unfortunately I cannot so you will just have to use your own judgement about what I have said here. All I ask is that you focus on the BIG picture and not snapshots on the periphery. Start by looking at events that occurred around forty years ago and move forward.

What in the world would me finally getting to third base with Marce D. have to do with this topic?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2015, 07:50:28 pm »
Iran is indeed propping up their puppet in Syria by every means possible.

Just to be clear  ^-^ --- Iran's fighting ISIS to protect and help Assad?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:40 pm »
Just to be clear  ^-^ --- Iran's fighting ISIS to protect and help Assad?

They would like you to believe that for sure. What they are actually doing is the exact same thing that Obama is doing in Iraq which is to give the appearance of doing something while actually doing not much of anything!  Assad's enemies in Syria are many but I do not believe ISIS or ISIL is among them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2015, 07:59:44 pm »
or at least not the same ISIL or ISIS that is currently operating in Iraq! Just like anyone can call themselves a republican here, any group operating in Syria can call themselves whatever they like.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2015, 08:20:15 pm »
We have ventured far off into the weeds on this thread and I'm going to leave it right here. I continue to believe that IRAN is the key to the entire Middle East problem we are currently experiencing. Others are free to draw their own conclusions.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2015, 08:23:41 pm »
or at least not the same ISIL or ISIS that is currently operating in Iraq! Just like anyone can call themselves a republican here, any group operating in Syria can call themselves whatever they like.

Yeah...

Ain't that the truth?

Anyone can make just about any claim about themselves here.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »
Yeah...

Ain't that the truth?

Anyone can make just about any claim about themselves here.

Exactly right Luis!   And "here" is on the internet so I would strongly suggest that everyone here look closely at everything said here and make their own determinations as to whether or not it is valid.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2015, 09:53:04 pm »
Exactly right Luis!   And "here" is on the internet so I would strongly suggest that everyone here look closely at everything said here and make their own determinations as to whether or not it is valid.

Valuable and ironically appropriate advice Bigun.

Thanks.

:patriot:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2015, 09:56:03 pm »
My head hurts.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2015, 09:56:29 pm »
Valuable and ironically appropriate advice Bigun.

Thanks.

:patriot:

I would say the exact same thing about anything said anywhere on the internet.

:beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »
They would like you to believe that for sure. What they are actually doing is the exact same thing that Obama is doing in Iraq which is to give the appearance of doing something while actually doing not much of anything!  Assad's enemies in Syria are many but I do not believe ISIS or ISIL is among them.

So the "they" you're referring to is Iran....yes?  And Iran wants me to believe that they're in Syria fighting ISIS on behalf of their strongest ally, Syria.  But you submit that AHA!! ISIS is not really an enemy of Assad so Iran is up to something VERY devious.

Okay..  I'm a little dizzy.  Well, really quite dizzy.

Sir, if I may drill down to what I think is your bedrock point:  Iran needs to be bombed unto rubble and dust.   The reasons may be too convoluted to understand--but rubble and dust it MUST be!!

Have I got at least that right? 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2015, 12:36:23 am »
So the "they" you're referring to is Iran....yes?  And Iran wants me to believe that they're in Syria fighting ISIS on behalf of their strongest ally, Syria.  But you submit that AHA!! ISIS is not really an enemy of Assad so Iran is up to something VERY devious.

Okay..  I'm a little dizzy.  Well, really quite dizzy.

Sir, if I may drill down to what I think is your bedrock point:  Iran needs to be bombed unto rubble and dust.   The reasons may be too convoluted to understand--but rubble and dust it MUST be!!

Have I got at least that right?

Not exactly!  What needs to be done is for the regime of the Mullahs in Iran to be ended by any means necessary!  I personally don't think we would have to do much beyond completely supporting the people of Iran who desperately want that exact same result but if we wind up needing to do more than that we definitely should do it!

If we actually did that the entire dynamic of the Middle East Region would change rapidly in our favor!

If Obama were really on our side he would have done EXACTLY that way back in 2009!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:49:29 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2015, 12:40:03 am »
The CURRENT situation over there is quite complicated, enough to make anyone dizzy, and purposefully made more so by the Obama administration.

- J. R. R. Tolkien