Author Topic: Hillary Clinton may delay campaign  (Read 3343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Clinton may delay campaign
« on: January 29, 2015, 02:21:48 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/exclusive-hillary-clinton-may-delay-campaign-114714.html?hp=t1_r

Exclusive: Hillary Clinton may delay campaign

Top Democrats give a new date for the campaign’s likely start.

By Mike Allen

1/29/15 6:43 AM EST

Hillary Clinton, expecting no major challenge for the Democratic nomination, is strongly considering delaying the formal launch of her presidential campaign until July, three months later than originally planned, top Democrats tell POLITICO.

The delay from the original April target will give her more time to develop her message, policy and organization, without the chaos and spotlight of a public campaign.

A Democrat familiar with Clinton’s thinking said: “She doesn’t feel under any pressure, and they see no primary challenge on the horizon. If you have the luxury of time, you take it.”

Advisers said the biggest reason for the delay is simple: She feels no rush.

“She doesn’t want to feel pressured by the press to do something before she’s ready,” one adviser said. “She’s better off as a non-candidate. Why not wait?”

A huge advantage to waiting is that Clinton postpones the time when she goes before the public as a politician rather than as a former secretary of state. Polling by both Democrats and Republicans shows that one of her biggest vulnerabilities is looking political.

So the Clinton camp has enjoyed watching her recede from the headlines in recent weeks as Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney have amped up their potential candidacies.

One option being considered would be to announce an exploratory committee earlier – perhaps in April, at the beginning of a new fundraising quarter, in the timeframe when insiders originally expected her to launch her campaign.

Then the actual kickoff would be in July, near the start of the next quarter. By launching at the beginning of a quarter, supporters have the maximum amount of time to generate a blockbuster total for their first report.

The delay would pose complications for the infrastructure that has been built in anticipation of her candidacy. Ready for Hillary, a super PAC that expects to go out of business once the campaign begins, now may have to fund its data-gathering and grassroots activities longer than expected.

The danger – and a reason the plan could be scrapped – is that the comparatively leisurely rollout could fuel complaints that Clinton sees the nomination fight as a coronation. Already, her allies are contemplating the possibility that she might not have to debate before the general election.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Hillary Clinton may delay campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 03:16:03 pm »
Despite the sickening, whistling past the graveyard, media lovefest, Hillary Clinton WILL NOT be the democratic nominee.

Too old, too inept, too much baggage, with a target-rich past that makes opposition researchers drool with anticipation.

I am not worried.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »
I believe she will be the nominee. She can delay all she wants, while Republicans like Sarah Palin and Ben Carson, take the microphone and help her.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 04:03:35 pm »
Despite the sickening, whistling past the graveyard, media lovefest, Hillary Clinton WILL NOT be the democratic nominee.

Too old, too inept, too much baggage, with a target-rich past that makes opposition researchers drool with anticipation.

I am not worried.

Agreed. However, the nominee MUST be a woman. Elizabeth Warren will be the nominee.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »
has anyone seen her at a media event or in public lately? She was in Canada a bit ago, but since then......crickets. Face lift? Sick?

Offline evadR

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 04:40:41 pm »

I am not worried.
YES, so true...BUT...will they use it?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:43 pm »

And it will give the peeps some time to forget about Bill's trips to Epstein's pedophile island...

Course, if they don't 'self-identify' as pedophiles... are they really?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 05:14:09 pm »
Read between the lines. Even her campaign staff knows that Hillary does not wear well with the public.  Her book tour was a disaster.  She's a gaffe machine, generating controversy every other day. She's flat as a speaker, and is simply not very likeable.

They also know that Bill's escapades since he left office will get a lot of scrutiny and, from what I've read, there's a lot of dirt to shovel about ole Bill.

So, they want to keep her off the stage for as long as possible.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:38:34 pm »
has anyone seen her at a media event or in public lately? She was in Canada a bit ago, but since then......crickets. Face lift? Sick?

I have no basis except her previous brain "blood clot" injury and its aftermath to believe this, but I think there is a major undisclosed medical issue involving Mrs. Clinton, possibly brain cancer.  Again, this is pure speculation on my part.  But I have seen nothing in the past few years to dispel my suspicions, and every move she makes, including this one, seems to confirm my suspicions.

She obviously does not have much energy, and given her many gaffes, her mental agility seems to have been compromised.  She crawls out of the woodwork, makes a major gaffe, then crawls back in.

If I am right the Clintons are pulling off a major fraud on their party.  Keeping her out of a campaign and out of the public eye while at the same time not bowing out of the race just paralyzes the Democrat Party.  I look for many Democrats to start getting more and more public in their criticisms of Hillary.  Meanwhile, I am sure there are people like Jerry Brown thinking this works in their favor.  If she waits until this summer to bow out, it will be hard for a relative unknown to raise enough money to mount a challenge to the GOP.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:34 pm »
I have no basis except her previous brain "blood clot" injury and its aftermath to believe this, but I think there is a major undisclosed medical issue involving Mrs. Clinton, possibly brain cancer.  Again, this is pure speculation on my part.  But I have seen nothing in the past few years to dispel my suspicions, and every move she makes, including this one, seems to confirm my suspicions.

She obviously does not have much energy, and given her many gaffes, her mental agility seems to have been compromised.  She crawls out of the woodwork, makes a major gaffe, then crawls back in.

If I am right the Clintons are pulling off a major fraud on their party.  Keeping her out of a campaign and out of the public eye while at the same time not bowing out of the race just paralyzes the Democrat Party.  I look for many Democrats to start getting more and more public in their criticisms of Hillary.  Meanwhile, I am sure there are people like Jerry Brown thinking this works in their favor.  If she waits until this summer to bow out, it will be hard for a relative unknown to raise enough money to mount a challenge to the GOP.
I think she is sick too. She used to be all over the news in the spotlight, just isn't right for her to be so quite. I also look for more criticisms against her, my reason obama hates the clintons.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 12:09:25 am »
Read between the lines. Even her campaign staff knows that Hillary does not wear well with the public.  Her book tour was a disaster.  She's a gaffe machine, generating controversy every other day. She's flat as a speaker, and is simply not very likeable.

They also know that Bill's escapades since he left office will get a lot of scrutiny and, from what I've read, there's a lot of dirt to shovel about ole Bill.

So, they want to keep her off the stage for as long as possible.

That's the long and short of it, IMHO.  And from this perspective, it's a smart political move.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 02:00:10 am »
I think she is sick too. She used to be all over the news in the spotlight, just isn't right for her to be so quite. I also look for more criticisms against her, my reason obama hates the clintons.

To be honest, the far left does not like the Clintons.. Having said that I don't think she will be the nominee.. Something does not smell right and I don't think she is well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 03:02:57 am »
Good idea Hitlery...a better idea would be to delay until you die.

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:52 pm »
Good idea Hitlery...a better idea would be to delay until you die.
What Difference Does It Make!!!???
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 01:32:11 pm »
If she doesn't get the nomination it will be Bernie Sanders. He's kind of a hero to the left right now. So is Elizabeth Warren, but she has stated numerous times that she will not run because she believes she can get more done in the Senate.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 02:05:08 pm »

I was going to guess face lift, lypo, Kardashian butt implants, collegian in the lips, and a whole image rework. She'll be back in the public in a month looking like Silvester Stallone's mom.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:06:14 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:59 pm »
Focusing on her physical appearance is very petty. Destroy her political positions instead.
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »
Focusing on her physical appearance is very petty. Destroy her political positions instead.

Agreed.

Use this time to DEFINE Clinton and the Leftist agenda.  Define the opposition, just like Scott Walker did 3X in Wisconsin.

Put THEM on defense.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 02:45:20 pm »

Sure thing. I agree with you.  Let the gag-inducing sight of her nauseating appearance speak for itself. Just as her Alinsky politics and phony affect before black audiences do!

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 06:00:31 pm »
I was really hoping the Hillary would run because we have a whole lot of GOP that could demolish her.  She has so much baggage that it would bury her. Right now my guess is that the Dems are scrambling and urging, pleading and begging Warren to run.  They never would have created a position for her if that wasn't the intent.  God help us all if Warren gets in the oval office; she's even more dangerous and further to the left than Obama.   :0001:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:27 pm »
Sure thing. I agree with you.  Let the gag-inducing sight of her nauseating appearance speak for itself. Just as her Alinsky politics and phony affect before black audiences do!

Good luck playing by the rules with these people.

I'm sure the Demonrats and the Clintoons will appreciate it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Dexter

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 07:49:30 pm »
Good luck playing by the rules with these people.

I'm sure the Demonrats and the Clintoons will appreciate it...

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
-Socrates

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."

Cute quote.  It's probably true in Dex-land.

In the real world however, it sounds like somebody determined to lose and preparing themselves for it...

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:03:25 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline Relic

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 08:07:09 pm »
Cute quote.  It's probably true in Dex-land.

In the real world however, it sounds like somebody determined to lose and preparing themselves for it...

:thumbsup:

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 09:26:28 pm »

I figured the quote would be lost on you.
-Socrates