Author Topic: Holder: US does not stereotype in identifying terror suspects  (Read 845 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder: US does not stereotype in identifying terror suspects
« on: January 11, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/international/229151-holder-us-does-not-stereotype-in-identifying-terrorists

By Lydia Wheeler - 01/11/15 11:19 AM EST
Attorney General Eric Holder said the U.S. is not using stereotypes to identify possible terrorists.

Following attacks in Paris that have killed a total of 17 people since Wednesday, CBS “Face the Nation” host Bob Schieffer asked Holder how many potential homegrown terrorists are in the U.S. and if they are being monitored.

“I think we’re doing a good job monitoring those people and when I say monitoring, monitoring in appropriate way using legitimate tools,” he said. “We’re not stereotyping anybody, but we’re focused on those people we have some reason to believe might engage in these kinds of activities. “ 

Holder said terror attacks have been on a smaller scale since Sept. 11. 

“I think the decimation of core al Qaeda has probably reduced if not eliminated the ability of al Qaeda to do the kind of thing that they did on Sept. 11,” he said. “Al Qaeda affiliates like al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula have moved what they do to smaller kinds of attacks. They have inspired people around the world to engage in these small attacks that involve only one or two people and a small number of arms that can have a devastating impact as we’ve seen in France.”

Holder said the president will hold a summit in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 18 to come up with a way to deal with the root causes of counter and violent extremism.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Holder: US does not stereotype in identifying terror suspects
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:19:32 pm »
Whenever Holder, Kerry or OPapaDoc himself make a statement like this I am not sure whether it would be worse if they were lying and we really were stereotyping people, or if they were telling the truth and we are not.  Either way, it is entirely self-serving and accomplishes absolutely nothing except to tell the enemy that we are willing to fight with our hands tied.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:16:14 pm »
Holder stereotypes himself every time he opens his pie hole.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 08:18:56 pm »
He's completely misapplying the term "stereotype." If all or even 95% of terrorists have been Muslim, then it's not a stereotype to say "Islamic terrorists." They exist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:09:53 pm »
While our multicultural-sensitive leaders parse words, Egypt's President is calling for a "revolution" when speaking at the intellectual equivalent to the muslim Vatican, Cairo University.

And all across Europe the votes are increasing for anti-immigrant parties, their only way of saying "enough" to the influx. If it is possible, I think voters in many muslim countries would also vote against muslim radicalism.

We are stuck with a guy named Hussein, and his sidekicks, using all the right words so as no not offend muslims or their white guilt apologists.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 09:50:50 pm »
He's completely misapplying the term "stereotype." If all or even 95% of terrorists have been Muslim, then it's not a stereotype to say "Islamic terrorists." They exist.

You know why stereotyping exists?  Because it's correct. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »
While our multicultural-sensitive leaders parse words, Egypt's President is calling for a "revolution" when speaking at the intellectual equivalent to the muslim Vatican, Cairo University.

And all across Europe the votes are increasing for anti-immigrant parties, their only way of saying "enough" to the influx. If it is possible, I think voters in many muslim countries would also vote against muslim radicalism.

We are stuck with a guy named Hussein, and his sidekicks, using all the right words so as no not offend muslims or their white guilt apologists.

BRAVO!!!

Very well said!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 10:10:14 pm »
If they stereotyped Muslim terrorists, they'd have to arrest Barack Hussein.

That's why they don't do it.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 01:02:17 am »
If they stereotyped Muslim terrorists, they'd have to arrest Barack Hussein.

That's why they don't do it.
:pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 03:14:14 pm »

By Lydia Wheeler - 01/11/15 11:19 AM EST

Attorney General Eric Holder said the U.S. is not using stereotypes to identify possible terrorists.

Following attacks in Paris that have killed a total of 17 people since Wednesday, CBS “Face the Nation” host Bob Schieffer asked Holder how many potential homegrown terrorists are in the U.S. and if they are being monitored.

“I think we’re doing a good job monitoring those people and when I say monitoring, monitoring in appropriate way using legitimate tools,” he said. “We’re not stereotyping anybody, but we’re focused on those people we have some reason to believe might engage in these kinds of activities. “ 

Holder said terror attacks have been on a smaller scale since Sept. 11. 

“I think the decimation of core al Qaeda has probably reduced if not eliminated the ability of al Qaeda to do the kind of thing that they did on Sept. 11,” he said. “Al Qaeda affiliates like al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula have moved what they do to smaller kinds of attacks. They have inspired people around the world to engage in these small attacks that involve only one or two people and a small number of arms that can have a devastating impact as we’ve seen in France.”

Holder said the president will hold a summit in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 18 to come up with a way to deal with the root causes of counter and violent extremism.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/229151-holder-us-does-not-stereotype-in-identifying-terrorists
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:15:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 04:30:19 pm »
The US has done such a great job, that only the "JV" is left; such as the Tsarnaev brothers.

Russia warned us.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:03 pm »
He doesn't have a bit of problem profiling potential white "terrorists" though, does he? :3:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:30:45 pm by rangerrebew »