Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis Calls for ‘Massive, Non-Violent Protests’ Nationwide if Wilson Isn’t Indicted  (Read 826 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/rep-john-lewis-calls-for-massive-non-violent-protests-nationwide-if-wilson-isnt-indicted/

Rep. John Lewis Calls for ‘Massive, Non-Violent Protests’ Nationwide if Wilson Isn’t Indicted
by Tina Nguyen | 10:10 am, November 18th, 2014

Civil rights icon and Congressman John Lewis (D-GA) believes that Ferguson is a “turning point” for the modern civil rights movement, and that the nation will see massive protests if a grand jury does not indict Officer Darren Wilson in the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown.

While appearing on Roland Martin‘s radio show, Rep. Lewis was asked whether the numerous stories of African-American men being shot by police — Brown’s death chief among them — was “the modern-day Selma”, referring to the 1963 march that saw hundreds of protestors beaten and arrested for demanding African-American voting rights.

“I believe what is happening is moving towards that point,” Rep. Lewis mused:

Selma was the turning point. And I think what happened in Ferguson will be the turning point. I think people are waiting, they’re watching, and we’re gonna see within the next few days what’s going to happen — and that would be massive, nonviolent protests all over America. When we were beaten on that bridge in Selma, people couldn’t take it, for they saw it, they heard about it, they read about it, and it lit a sense of righteous indignation. When we see a miscarriage of justice in Ferguson, they’re going to have the same reaction they had towards Selma.

And he should know, he was there and played a key role in the pivotal march.

Rep. Lewis also advised protestors to pace themselves: “Be like a pilot light and not like a firecracker. A firecracker just pops off and it’s gone. A pilot light will continue to burn.”

The grand jury report is expected soon, and Missouri Governor Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency yesterday in anticipation of possible riots.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

**nononono*  just sad........civil rights now is a black thug gets his just dues and now it is a civil rights issue. If the gentle giant had killed the white cop, would it even had made the news?  8888crybaby

Offline musiclady

They so much want to relive their glory days.

My guess is that these dinosaurs are sorry that the Civil Rights movement was actually successful.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

Don't EBT checks come in the mail?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

My guess is that these dinosaurs are sorry that the Civil Rights movement was actually successful.....   **nononono*

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

rangerrebew

Do you mean when they were slaves and they were hated?

Offline raml

No black alive today was a slave so don't bring that up. We don't bring up our ancestors who were serfs so can it about what went on 150 years ago. I am sick of the poor me attitude they are not victims they are just criminals wanting to act out like the bastards they are.

Offline Charlespg

So tired of these people and their stupid crap
 Put belt fed weapons at every intersection and DARE  them to riot
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Checked out the Operation Ferguson twitter feed.  Unbelievable.  Also checked out their website, based in Central African Republic or something like that.

Offline mountaineer

This punk deserved to die.
There, I've said it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/18/NAACP-Condemns-Presumptuous-State-of-Emergency-Declaration-Compares-Ferguson-Rioters-to-Non-violent-Civil-Rights-Demonstrators-Boston-Tea-Partiers

by TONY LEE  18 Nov 2014, 1:08 PM PDT

After Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon (D) declared a state of emergency on Monday days before the Ferguson grand jury is expected to make its decision on whether to indict the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, the NAACP condemned the decision as "presumptuous."

NAACP President and CEO Cornell Brooks said the state of emergency declaration only threatens to "stir up tension" and is "both premature in its application and presumptuous in intention" to the "hundreds of peaceful demonstrators who have embraced their Constitutional right to protest."

He then compared the Ferguson protesters, some of whom rioted and looted, to the peaceful protesters that showed up to Washington, D.C. for Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech, the non-violent and peaceful Civil Rights protesters who boycotted buses in Montgomery, and even the original Boston Tea Partiers. Brooks said that "the ability to protest is woven into the very fabric of our nation and should not be stifled by presumptuous leadership."

"Governor Nixon’s decision to declare a state of emergency without evidence of violence or danger only threatens to stir up tensions and denigrate the peaceful efforts of countless non-violent activists," he said in a statement. "We at the NAACP will work tirelessly to ensure that the civil rights of the demonstrators are upheld.  And finally, we commend as well as stand with those practitioners of democracy who have stood strong for over 100 days.”

After Ferguson was marred by widespread looting and violence in the wake of Michael Brown's death, which was fanned by the mainstream press, cities across the country are on alert and preparing for worst-case scenarios ahead of the grand jury's imminent decision. The FBI has warned that violence will be "likely" when the decision is announced.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
They are itching for a race war and doing everything to incite one.  They think this will be their version of the Bolshevik Revolution.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

Do blacks and liberals not remember that rioting led to the election of Richard Nixon?  Americans don't side with rioters, ever, and they give a lot of leeway to police. If riots happen, this will quickly move from an argument about a dead black kid to unruly blacks burning down neighborhoods and raising hell.

And Obama will side with the rioters, begging understanding, which will make the backlash even worse.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

The NG wasn't called out to stop the rioters or protect the businesses.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
They are itching for a race war and doing everything to incite one.  They think this will be their version of the Bolshevik Revolution.

That's exactly the point. Racial strife is just a means to an end. The group behind the nationwide protests are the People's Power Assembly which has close ties to the CPUSA.

http://peoplespowerassemblies.org/justice-for-michael-brown/

They have a history of organizing protests for unions and CP candidate issues (which not ironically cross over to the Dems rather well).

You'll recognize many of their sister groups as well including the Alliance for Global Justice which is a global communist front group.
http://afgj.org/ecology-and-empire-peoples-power-assembly

At that, the AFGJ is even proud it is behind all of these progressive groups that it displays this graphic on its site.

They want a people's revolution. They are behind Occupy, they are behind Ferguson, they are behind pro-illegal groups, they are behind environmental groups.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Unlike a typical 'revolution', this is a revolution not against the government, but rather it is directed at normal society since the government is on their side. This is a revolution directed at the people trying to keep the government in check.

But in reality, I think it is just going to turn into a looting party. Free stuff, is what most of them want.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.