Author Topic: OBAMA ON GRUBER: I JUST HEARD ABOUT THIS TODAY  (Read 2130 times)

rangerrebew

OBAMA ON GRUBER: I JUST HEARD ABOUT THIS TODAY
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:17:09 am »

Who Lied? Jonathan Gruber Linked to Getting Obamacare to Illegal Aliens

By Jeffrey Lord | November 14, 2014 | 8:18 PM EST

Jonathan Gruber, Sylvia Burwell and Joe Wilson.  Added to the mix of the two biggest issues of the day - ObamaCare and an expected Obama executive order granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, this is a potent cocktail of political explosives.

Let’s start in September, 2009.

As President Obama addresses a Joint Session of Congress on his health care proposals - the proposals that would eventually become The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) -- aka ObamaCare -- South Carolina Congressman Joe Wilson abruptly and famously shouted “You lie!”

While Wilson was chastised for his decided breach of congressional decorum, in fact what he was literally yelling about were these words from President Obama: “There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too is false. The reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.”

Now?

Controversial MIT professor Jonathan Gruber, n the headlines for repeated videotaped admissions of lying to the “stupid” American people in writing the ACA law, has been tied to the hotly controversial issue of amnesty for illegal immigrants. An amnesty that would get around the prohibitions of the ACA that deny Obamacare to illegal immigrants by simply and directly removing the status of “undocumented” from “undocumented immigrants” - thereby making them eligible for Obamacare.

Now, Fox News co-host Greg Gutfeld has dug up this recent clip of HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell calling for “extending Obamacare benefits to DREAM-eligible illegal immigrants” and adding that “DREAMers are not able to be covered in the marketplace. And this is an issue that I think is more than a health care issue — it is an immigration issue…And I think everyone probably knows that this administration feels incredibly strongly about the fact that we need to fix that. We need to reform the system and make the changes that we need that will lead to benefits in everything from health care to economics to so many things — a very important step that we need to take as a nation.”

And who just happens to be well out there providing the data on illegal immigrants and Obamacare? If you guessed MIT’s Jonathan Gruber, you would be right.

In other words? President Obama is getting around his promise to Congress that September of 2009 that “the reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally” by simply bestowing amnesty on “those who are here illegally.”  Once legal, they will be qualified for Obamacare.

And Jonathan Gruber, who confesses that the Obama administration deliberately sold its program by lying about it, has now been tied to supplying data on health care for those illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants who would instantly become beneficiaries of the very same ACA once granted amnesty -- exactly as Obama HHS Secretary Burwell said was the goal.

In a “Final Report to the Commonwealth Fund” titled “ Undocumented Immigrants and Health Care Reform”, published by the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research on August 31, 2012 (hat tip to NB's P.J. Gladnick), the report acknowledges only two sources at the very beginning of the report. The two sentence “Acknowledgments” reads in its entirety as follows: “Funding for this report was provided by a grant from The Commonwealth Fund. Special data runs were provided by Jonathan Gruber at MIT.”

The Commonwealth Fund describes itself on its website this way:

“The Commonwealth Fund is a private foundation that aims to promote a high performing health care system that achieves better access, improved quality, and greater efficiency, particularly for society's most vulnerable, including low-income people, the uninsured, minority Americans, young children, and elderly adults.”

The report makes clear in its Executive Summary that because of a specific prohibition in the ACA, illegal immigrants are prohibited from receiving ObamaCare. The Executive Summary says;

“Despite the far-reaching expansion of health care coverage for the large number of uninsured individuals in the US, the ACA explicitly excludes undocumented immigrants from purchasing health insurance coverage through the health exchanges. In addition, undocumented immigrants continue to be ineligible for most public forms of health insurance coverage and would not benefit from any Medicaid expansions carried out by the states.”

This ban on ObamaCare for “undocumented immigrants” as well as their ineligibility for “most public forms of health insurance coverage” would end if President Obama grants them amnesty. Which is exactly what Secretary Burwell was demanding just this past week.

The UCLA  summary goes on to say: “In addition, we present estimates of uninsurance rates for the undocumented population before and after full implantation of ACA based on the Gruber MicroSimulation Model (GMSIM). “

Among the “Key findings” based on Jonathan Gruber’s data in this report are these:

* “….factors such as limited access to quality health care, low income and occupational status, and legal status may erode the health advantage of the undocumented at a faster pace than their documented counterparts.”

Access to Health Care

* Health insurance coverage is lower for undocumented immigrants than US-born citizens and other US immigrant groups.

* Significant barriers to health care face undocumented immigrants, including low socio- economic status, difficulty negotiating time off of work, lack of transportation and language barriers.

* Fewer health services are used by undocumented immigrants than US-born citizens or other immigrant groups. After adjusting for age and gender differences between groups, we estimate that undocumented immigrants in California were significantly less likely to have any doctor visits in the past year compared to naturalized and US-born citizens.

* Emergency department (ED) services; despite the popular conception that undocumented immigrants use more ED care, we estimate that undocumented immigrants are significantly less likely than naturalized citizens and U.S.-born citizens to visit the emergency department....

Impact on access of the exclusion of undocumented immigrants from the ACA

* Uninsurance rates based on the Gruber MicroSimulation Model (GMSIM) estimate that there will be a negligible change in the uninsurance rates of undocumented immigrants. Nationally, their share of all uninsured ages 0-64 is projected to rise from about 10% to 25% as a result of the improved coverage of the rest of the population.

* Impacts of the ACA on health insurance for undocumented populations will likely vary by state. For example, an estimated 1.2 million undocumented immigrants are expected to remain uninsured in California once ACA is fully implemented or 41% of the total uninsured in the state, compared with 25% nationwide. In contract, New York is estimated to have the third largest number of uninsured undocumented immigrants in the country, 265,000, which will account for an estimated 16% of that state’s total undocumented population.

Policy options to address access to care barriers for undocumented immigrants

* It may be possible to design programs that focus on those left out of health care reform generically, including those who are US citizens and permanent residents, that will also benefit the undocumented.

Catch that last line in the “Key Findings” section of this report? A report depending on data from Jonathan Gruber?

“It may be possible to design programs that….will also benefit the undocumented”?

That program has now been designed. No less than Secretary Burwell is now on video saying this is exactly the result the Obama White House was looking for. It is called an executive order giving amnesty to millions of those undocumenteds. An amnesty that would then enable millions of the undocumented to qualify for ObamaCare. With data on both health care and illegal immigrants supplied by…Jonathan Gruber.

Question: Was this Commonwealth Fund Report - with Gruber’s data on undocumented immigrants and health care - used in any fashion by Secretary Burwell? Or the Obama White House? Or anyone anywhere in the Obama administration? Not to mention the Democrats’ leadership in Congress?  As news accounts have vividly illustrated, Nancy Pelosi herself is on video tape talking up Mr. Gruber - despite her current denial. Gruber is on record in this PBS Frontline interview from 2012  admitting he discussed ObamaCare in the Oval Office with the President himself in 2009. He pointedly notes just how well connected he is inside not only the White House but the Harry Reid-run Democratic Senate.

Says Mr. Gruber:

“I worked with the transition team to help put the numbers together for the administration. And then, essentially, most of 2009 I was really on loan from the administration to Congress, particularly the Senate Finance Committee, to help them put the numbers together on what became the finance committee bill, which really became Obamacare. Yeah, that's what I did.”

So again? Did this Commonwealth Report on health care for illegals make its way to Secretary Burwell and the HHS bureaucracy? To Mr. Gruber’s friends anywhere in the Obama administration and on Capitol Hill?  Thus encouraging the push for amnesty so the undocumented could receive ObamaCare? A belief 

Five years ago, Congressman Joe Wilson’s breach of protocol on the House floor was prompted by his accusation that President Obama was lying about his intentions in supplying ObamaCare to illegals.

With a stroke of a pen on an executive order giving amnesty for illegal immigrants, the President will, among other things, at last prove Joe Wilson correct. Mr. Obama did lie. And helping with all that data on both health care and immigration?

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-lord/2014/11/14/who-lied-jonathan-gruber-linked-getting-obamacare-illegal-aliens

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 04:13:33 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S3Qz3eSfHY&feature=youtu.be

Published on Nov 16, 2014

Rush Limbaugh (11/14/14): "The Limbaugh Theorem ... briefly, explains how year after year, for a total of six years, that Obama was never held accountable for any of the mess that he created."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:14:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 07:59:37 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/16/Obama-on-Gruber-I-Just-Heard-About-This-Today

on BREITBART TV  16 Nov 2014, 10:08 AM PDT 

Sunday on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends," network White House corespondent Ed Henry asked President President Obama about Jonathan Gruber and the president claimed he had just heard about the ObamaCare architect before walking out on stage in Australia.

President Obama said, "I just heard about this. I get well briefed before I come out here. The fact that some adviser who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I've completely disagreed with in terms of the voters, is no reflection on the actual process that was run. We had a year-long debate, Ed, I mean, go back and look at your stories. The one thing we can't say is that we did not have a lengthy debate about health care in the United States of America. or that it was not adequately covered. I think it is fair to say that there was not a provision in the health care laws that was not extensively debated and was fully transparent."
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: OBAMA ON GRUBER: I JUST HEARD ABOUT THIS TODAY
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:04:40 pm »
Just as Rush predicted.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »
Just as Rush predicted.

Heck, just as we all predicted.  I'm not sure there is a single one of us who hasn't thought of a good joke along this line.  "Hey, did you hear about this guy who boasted about how you all knew that what you were saying about Obamacare was just a bunch of bull?" "Why no, I just heard about this today."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:08 pm »
"I just heard about this. I get well briefed before I come out here.

Sparky's long overdue for a stint in rehab.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 11:50:23 pm »
I thought he was the world's smartest President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 11:51:05 pm »
O - M - G

:facepalm2:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 11:57:35 pm »
This thing is so freakin' played already. How stupid does he think we are?

1. I just found out about this on the news.
2. I am 'outraged' and will punish those responsible.
3. I will not rest until I get to the bottom of this!
4. Silence.
5. Nothing.
6. Slowly, with all the help from his media puppets, it fades away.

Every time, he does exactly the same thing. He is a one trick pony.

It is no wonder the world is laughing at us, and Putin is flipping Obama off.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 12:44:24 am »
This thing is so freakin' played already. How stupid does he think we are?

1. I just found out about this on the news.
2. I am 'outraged' and will punish those responsible.
3. I will not rest until I get to the bottom of this!
4. Silence.
5. Nothing.
6. Slowly, with all the help from his media puppets, it fades away.

Every time, he does exactly the same thing. He is a one trick pony.

It is no wonder the world is laughing at us, and Putin is flipping Obama off.

7. Not my fault.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 12:46:46 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 12:54:04 am »
8. Bush's fault!

9. It happened before..

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 01:00:36 am »
At least his lies are predictable.    **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 01:03:34 am »
At least his lies are predictable.    **nononono*

He needs to come up wit some new lies cause the old lies ain't workin no mo!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline raml

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 02:19:21 am »
Sorry to say it but they are working for him nothing has changed he is still arrogant still going to force amnesty on us still undermining the constitution. He lies and lies and then tells more lies and the media and the congress just do nothing so yes he gets away with lies only sane people don't believe the lies. The majority of the media and Washington aren't sane anymore.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 08:00:36 am »
Sorry to say it but they are working for him nothing has changed he is still arrogant still going to force amnesty on us still undermining the constitution. He lies and lies and then tells more lies and the media and the congress just do nothing so yes he gets away with lies only sane people don't believe the lies. The majority of the media and Washington aren't sane anymore.

I agree raml.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

Administration Tries to Distance Itself from Gruber’s Comments
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 11:09:55 am »
- Washington Free Beacon - http://freebeacon.com -

Administration Tries to Distance Itself from Gruber’s Comments

Posted By Ellison Barber On November 16, 2014 @ 5:20 pm In Issues | No Comments

Administration officials continued to distance themselves from MIT professor Jonathan Gruber and controversial comments he made suggesting the Affordable Care Act was passed, in part, by an intentional lack of transparency.

“I have to start with how fundamentally I disagree with his comments about the bill and about the American people. Since I’ve been at the department, one of the things that I’ve focused on is transparency, making sure all of our numbers come out whether they’re good or bad. And the other thing is that the law is based on the issues of transparency and belief in the American people and choices in the market place,” said Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell.

Gruber’s statements came to light earlier this week, and Republicans pointed to them as evidence that “the Obama administration deliberately misled Americans” in order to pass the legislation.

Commentators roundly criticized Gruber’s statements on Sunday, and Sen. James Lankford (R., Okla.) pointed to them as evidence of an arrogance that exists in government at large.

“I think Gruber’s comments show what is consistent in Washington, D.C. It’s this arrogance of centralized government. This administration really believes they’re smarter than everyone else, and they just need to create the policy and impose the policy and exist only to carry out their wishes from the central government. I think that’s absolutely backwards,” said Lankford on Fox News Sunday.

The Gruber videos, political commentators noted, play into concerns Republicans held when the law was being passed.

“This also kills any chance there would be of Republicans wanting to kind of mend, not end Obamacare,” Jon Karl told ABC’s This Week.

“This plays right into the narrative of how this law was passed. Jonathan Gruber was not the legislative tactician. He was not on the White House Staff, but he did have a $400,000 contracts. By the way, Obamacare has been very profitable for Jonathan Gruber … This to Republicans is about as big a deal as you can get.”

Conservatives such as George Will see it as just that; an admittance of what they say was a “consciously deceptive” effort to force the legislation on the American people.

“It tells us that they were consciously deceptive. We knew that at the time. It tells us that they did lots of unseemly things to get it passed, the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, and all the other log rolling that went on.”

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/administration-tries-to-distance-themselves-from-grubers-comments/

rangerrebew

- Washington Free Beacon - http://freebeacon.com -

Obama Calls the Architect of Obamacare ‘Some Advisor Who Never Worked on Our Staff’

Posted By Washington Free Beacon Staff On November 16, 2014 @ 9:27 am In Politics | No Comments

President Obama said Sunday that the architect of Obamacare, MIT professor Jonathan Gruber, was just “some advisor who was never on our staff.”

Jonathan Gruber was paid nearly $400,000 by the government for his role in helping craft the law.

Newly discovered comments made by Gruber in which he said the “stupidity of the American voter” was “critical” to passing Obamacare sparked a firestorm this past week.

When asked about the comments at the closing of the G20 summit, President Obama said, “The fact that some adviser who was never on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with in terms of the voters is not a reflection on the actual process that was run.”

Despite being awarded 2013′s Lie of the Year for saying “if you like your plan, you can keep it” hundreds of times, Obama also claimed that he never misled Americans about the law.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-calls-the-architect-of-obamacare-some-advisor-who-never-worked-on-our-staff/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 01:15:05 pm »
Absolutely correct, raml. All this crap coming out of Washington leaves all of us shaking our heads, angry, frustrated ... but the media continue to spin things however best benefits The Won, and they really believe they've bamboozled the rest of America.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 01:32:35 pm »
Absolutely correct, raml. All this crap coming out of Washington leaves all of us shaking our heads, angry, frustrated ... but the media continue to spin things however best benefits The Won, and they really believe they've bamboozled the rest of America.

... Except that, literally, people are not "buying" their story anymore. Sales of leftist magazines and newspapers like the New York Times are tanking, subscriptions are falling, Newsweek is about the size of a pamphlet now. Heck, they can't even give their magazines free to dentist offices.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 01:45:40 pm »
AC, it looks like the media still believe they're fooling us despite their own falling revenues and the loud mockery of their claims.
Like Jim Quinn says, liberalism means standing on your head and telling the rest of the world it's upsidedown. Insanity.  **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »
Never thought that it would happen in our America.  :shrug:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 02:09:50 pm »
Never thought that it would happen in our America.  :shrug:

Me neither AC.   8888crybaby

I grieve for a once great nation. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/obama-says-gruber-never-worked-on-our-staff-but-theres-proof-he-met-with-gruber-in-white-house/

Oops! Obama Says Gruber “Never Worked on Our Staff” …Except That He Starred in an Obamacare Ad
Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, November 16, 2014, 11:27 PM

Video surfaced last week of Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber admitting the Obama administration lied to “stupid” Americans in order to get Obamacare passed. Citizen journalists have uncovered found 4 damning videos of MIT Economist Jonathan Gruber laughing at the American people over the planned deception of Obamacare.

Gruber was paid over $4 million for scheming and deceiving the “stupid” American public.

On Sunday FOX News reporter Ed Henry finally had a chance to question Barack Obama about Gruber’s controversial comments. The rest of the liberal media outlets have been hiding the story.

Obama answered:

“I just heard about this. I get well briefed before I come out here. The fact that some adviser who never worked on our staff expressed an opinion that I completely disagree with in terms of the voters, is no reflection on the actual process that was run. We had a year long debate, Ed. I mean go back and look at the stories.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvK3ziuPtOw

Unfortunately for Barack Obama – White House records show that Gruber met with Obama in the Oval Office to formulate the Cadillac Tax scheme. Gruber said this in a Frontline interview and White House records show the meeting took place.

There’s even video of Jonathan Gruber admitting he met with Obama in the White House to discuss Obamacare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_e00NjQvFM

Obama also released campaign ads with Jonathan Gruber.

Gruber starred in the ad.

Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Lies,  lies, and more LIES! I don't think there is anyone left in America that believes a word he says!

- J. R. R. Tolkien