Author Topic: Tone Deaf John McCain Attacks Ted Cruz in Liberal Magazine  (Read 5244 times)

rangerrebew

Tone Deaf John McCain Attacks Ted Cruz in Liberal Magazine
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »

Tone Deaf John McCain Attacks Ted Cruz in Liberal Magazine

By Onan Coca   / 13 November 2014   / 5 Comments   

The Republican Party won sweeping election victories just last week. The nation gave clear indication that it wishes to see a return to more conservative governance from our leaders, and the GOP now has an opportunity to take some momentum into the 2016 Presidential/National Elections.

Seems like the perfect time for the GOP to begin coming together in solidarity and working towards our conservative goals in Washington, D.C. doesn’t it? Apparently Senator John McCain (R-AZ) doesn’t think so. Apparently Senator McCain thinks now is a great time to do an interview with a liberal magazine and attack members of his own party.

Salon: You mention Sen. McConnell promising to make the trains run on time; I gather you don’t agree with the “Ted Cruz’s Senate” narrative?

mccainSenator John McCain: Oh, no. I was very pleased when one of the first things Mitch McConnell said yesterday was, “We’re not going to shut down the government again.” I think that you just saw a McCain-Graham injection into the United State Senate — Joni Ernst, comes from the military; Tom Cotton, comes from the military; Dan Sullivan, comes from the military … I’ve campaigned for literally every one of them and I have not seen any indication that they are of that desire for confrontation. And I was with most of them when they campaigned and said, “I’ll go to Washington and get things done.”

Once again Senator McCain shows his absolute tone-deaf nature. Ted Cruz has energized the base over the last few years – personally driving much of the excitement around the country for the GOP. While McCain may be jealous about Cruz’s bona fides with the grassroots, ginning up Democrat opposition to Cruz is not the way to handle that animosity.

To make matters worse, this interview was conducted with Salon, the same magazine that just released an article attacking the military (and police) and laying waste to our history and tradition of honoring our service members for their service.

Why is that McCain seems to continually find himself as the darling of the liberal media? (Oh, except of course when he runs for President – then liberals hate him…)

Why doesn’t he do these interviews with conservative publications, websites and radio/TV shows? Would Rush, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Herman Cain or Erick Erickson let Senator McCain get away with hammering at Ted Cruz? No way.

McCain has plans to run for the Senate again in 2016; can we please agree together that we are going to demand a conservative alternative to him in the primary. It’s long past time for Senator McCain to ride off into the sunset.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/11260/tone-deaf-john-mccain-attacks-ted-cruz-liberal-magazine/#eLyeLUUTtsB0U7qU.99

Offline aligncare

Re: Tone Deaf John McCain Attacks Ted Cruz in Liberal Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:14 pm »
John McCain: Oh, no. I was very pleased when one of the first things Mitch McConnell said yesterday was, “We’re not going to shut down the government again.”

:facepalm2:

Don't worry about bringing extra cash playing poker with McCain and McConnell.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:26 pm »
Juan McCain! The gift that keeps on giving!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 03:51:10 pm »
This.  This is why I dislike RINOs and especially the one that's a senior senator from my state.  I detest McCain with just about every fiber of my being, and then there are some who would tell me to STFU and get back in line (you know who you are).  Oh, and be sure and vote for McCain next election.  Well, sorry.  I've had this dick's number for about 25 years.

I will not sit down.  I will not shut up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 03:54:13 pm »
This.  This is why I dislike RINOs and especially the one that's a senior senator from my state.  I detest McCain with just about every fiber of my being, and then there are some who would tell me to STFU and get back in line (you know who you are).  Oh, and be sure and vote for McCain next election.  Well, sorry.  I've had this dick's number for about 25 years.

I have heard that exact same thing expressed by many an Arizonian so HOW does the POS keep getting elected?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »
The power of incumbency in a corrupted political system, Bigun.

In the early days of the republic, congressman limited themselves to one term. Now, the only way some of them leave office is when the funeral home wheels the body out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »
I have heard that exact same thing expressed by many an Arizonian so HOW does the POS keep getting elected?

The Dems love him, which should come as no surprise.  He's their favorite Senator because of the way he always undercuts conservatives like Cruz and Lee.  In AZ, Independents can vote in the Republican primary (Dems can't), so Dems register as Indies (PBS tells them they need to do this to look "smart") so they can vote for McCain in the Primary.  Conservatives don't have much of a chance.  I hear he wants to run again in 2006, and I think he's 80.  He's using the Ted Kennedy model of public service:  He'll leave office feet-first.

We had a good candidate in 2010, but McCain had this HUGE warchest left over from what he didn't bother spending against Obama in 2008.  People who donated to McCain in 2008 actually were donating to help a RINO wipe out a conservative.  Thanks, guys.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »

:hands:   :hands:   :hands:

You and me both Cyber!  You have McCain, we in Kentucky have McConnell - a couple of McDicks!!!

We tried our best to Ditch Mitch this last time around, but it's almost impossible to defeat these corrupt long-time incumbents.  I hate the man.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

You and me both Cyber!  You have McCain, we in Kentucky have McConnell - a couple of McDicks!!!

We tried our best to Ditch Mitch this last time around, but it's almost impossible to defeat these corrupt long-time incumbents.  I hate the man.

(Let's just say this was a well-timed article!)
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

Same as McConnell - these crooks have amassed such huge amounts of campaign cash - thanks to the Campaign Finance Reform laws THEY passed!  They have only enriched themselves!  Anybody that dares to challenge them will be mowed down by their massive incumbent machines. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 04:16:02 pm »
The power of incumbency in a corrupted political system, Bigun.

In the early days of the republic, congressman limited themselves to one term. Now, the only way some of them leave office is when the funeral home wheels the body out.

Or, in the case of Robert Byrd - they finally wheel them out of office when their corpse starts to stink really bad.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 04:20:11 pm »
The Dems love him, which should come as no surprise.  He's their favorite Senator because of the way he always undercuts conservatives like Cruz and Lee.  In AZ, Independents can vote in the Republican primary (Dems can't), so Dems register as Indies (PBS tells them they need to do this to look "smart") so they can vote for McCain in the Primary.  Conservatives don't have much of a chance.  I hear he wants to run again in 2006, and I think he's 80.  He's using the Ted Kennedy model of public service:  He'll leave office feet-first.

We had a good candidate in 2010, but McCain had this HUGE warchest left over from what he didn't bother spending against Obama in 2008.  People who donated to McCain in 2008 actually were donating to help a RINO wipe out a conservative.  Thanks, guys.

Ah! The old "open primary" thing!  NOW I understand it!  Thanks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

According to Fox he has just been elected Senate Majority leader for the new congress.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 04:40:05 pm »
According to Fox he has just been elected Senate Majority leader for the new congress.

I saw that - elected unanimously! 

"Yurtle the Turtle" McConnell is such a profile of courage.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:41:15 pm by alicewonders »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 04:50:14 pm »
I saw that - elected unanimously! 

"Yurtle the Turtle" McConnell is such a profile of courage.   **nononono*

I hope he'll get some spine, but I doubt it.  However, if Oblowhole keeps pushing his own role as dictator, as he indicates he will, McConnell might grow one.  Boehner was pretty easy to push around at first, but got schooled.  Let's see how Yurtle (I like that!) sets up the committees and the chairs.  That will tell us a lot about his spine (or lack thereof).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:09 pm »
I hope he'll get some spine, but I doubt it.  However, if Oblowhole keeps pushing his own role as dictator, as he indicates he will, McConnell might grow one.  Boehner was pretty easy to push around at first, but got schooled.  Let's see how Yurtle (I like that!) sets up the committees and the chairs.  That will tell us a lot about his spine (or lack thereof).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »

He has the capability - in his early terms, I was an enthusiastic supporter - and when he gets fired up, he can really come out with some very passionate and strong speeches.  Now, it makes me want to puke because I know they are lies.  But maybe, with this strong GOP showing - he'll find that long-lost spine.  I'm going to pray that he does just that - right now, we're pretty much stuck with him - pray that he remembers how he used to be!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 05:08:09 pm »
He has the capability - in his early terms, I was an enthusiastic supporter - and when he gets fired up, he can really come out with some very passionate and strong speeches.  Now, it makes me want to puke because I know they are lies.  But maybe, with this strong GOP showing - he'll find that long-lost spine.  I'm going to pray that he does just that - right now, we're pretty much stuck with him - pray that he remembers how he used to be!

If he's even half-way good, we'll like the results.  He's a first-class parliamentarian, and knows how to tie the opposition in knots when he wants to.  We'll have to see. 

First item:  How does he handle the Continuing Resolution to fund the government in the lame-duck session?  If he allows a wide-ranging CR that lasts a year we'll know he's thrown all hopes of using the "power of the purse" out the window, and we have a long two years ahead of us.
I will NOT comply.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 05:09:45 pm »

By sending clowns like Hayworth to run against him.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »

Well, he certainly did look clownish after having many millions of dollars spent on a campaign to make him look like a clown.  The media certainly agrees with your observation about the clown part.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 05:14:29 pm »

So who would YOU suggest take on the job?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 05:17:33 pm »
Well, he certainly did look clownish after having many millions of dollars spent on a campaign to make him look like a clown.  The media certainly agrees with your observation about the clown part.

Some folks here seem to LOVE drinking copious  quantities of  the MSM Kool-Aid.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 05:32:06 pm »
Some folks here seem to LOVE drinking copious  quantities of  the MSM Kool-Aid.

I like Hayworth, and consider him a friend.  Our kids played Pokemon together, back in the day.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

Don't they have to wait and take the vote after the new Congress is sworn in?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 06:22:05 pm »
I like Hayworth, and consider him a friend.  Our kids played Pokemon together, back in the day.

I like him a lot too!  But I am stuck with Lindsey!! On the bright side we also have Tim Scott

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02