Author Topic: Tone Deaf John McCain Attacks Ted Cruz in Liberal Magazine  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Tone Deaf John McCain Attacks Ted Cruz in Liberal Magazine
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 10:05:35 pm »
If you've forgotten the primary between McCain and Hayworth, then you might research it.  And BTW, there was a time I really did like Hayworth until his mouth went on total overload.
Oh, OK.  So you did believe McCain's ads and the media reports.  How's that Kool-Aid tasting there?  Yummy for the tummy?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 10:05:40 pm »
Yeah, anyone who disagrees with you must, by definition be a Kool-Aid drinker, lol.  I guess my NY Times is your TOS... :wry:

You are the one allowing others to define things for you! Not me!

I'm not the one who called J.D Hayworth a clown based on what the 'NEWS " reported about him either! And we would be one hell of a lot better off if HE were sitting in the U.S. Senate today rather than John McCain! Just my humble opinion of course!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 10:29:52 pm »

I'm not the one who called J.D Hayworth a clown based on what the 'NEWS " reported about him either! And we would be one hell of a lot better off if HE were sitting in the U.S. Senate today rather than John McCain! Just my humble opinion of course!
goopo

Damned straight.  JD would have been wonderful.  It takes a real tool to think McCain is better.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 10:50:03 pm »
Oh, OK.  So you did believe McCain's ads and the media reports.  How's that Kool-Aid tasting there?  Yummy for the tummy?

As with another here who thinks anyone disagreeing with him has to be a Kool-Aid drinker (which BTW is a little old and silly by now), that seems to be the entire thrust of your argument.  "Gosh, you mean you don't like someone like Hayworth?  Must be a Kool-Aid drinker"  And apparently 68% of Arizona GOP voters didn't care much for Hayworth either.  Lotta Kool-Aid drinkers in Arizona,  :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2014, 10:57:18 pm »

I haven't called you anything Bigun, so don't take my opinion of Hayworth so seriously.  And we all get our information from somewhere, even you in all your wisdom.  As for Hayworth, I defined my opinion of him through his myriad of stupid statements.  So I guess I let Hayworth define things for me, lol.  And as I told your sidekick, 68% of Arizona GOP voters also let Hayworth help define their choices.  I think I'm gonna invest in Kool-Aid stocks... :laugh:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2014, 11:57:16 pm »
MAC you are a standup guy. You're probably more moderate on some issues then I am, and maybe I'm more moderate than you are on other issues. But you are a class act.

Disagreement in politics is par for the course. But, but I like to keep in mind that all of us here are among friends. Because in the end we all basically want the same thing, constitutional governance. And we ain't had much of that in a long time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2014, 12:16:46 am »
As with another here who thinks anyone disagreeing with him has to be a Kool-Aid drinker (which BTW is a little old and silly by now), that seems to be the entire thrust of your argument.  "Gosh, you mean you don't like someone like Hayworth?  Must be a Kool-Aid drinker"  And apparently 68% of Arizona GOP voters didn't care much for Hayworth either.  Lotta Kool-Aid drinkers in Arizona,  :pondering:

"Gosh, you mean you don't like someone like Hayworth?  Must be a Kool-Aid drinker"

Please point t the place in my post I said that?  Let me clarify: You believe the press accounts of JD Hayworth, therefore you drank the Kool-Aid."  That's what I meant to say.  Meanwhile, you cite polls that are mostly Democrat to support your argument?

The press said Hayworth was a clown.  You say Hayworth is a clown.  I think we have your number.
I will NOT comply.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2014, 12:26:30 am »
"Gosh, you mean you don't like someone like Hayworth?  Must be a Kool-Aid drinker"

Please point t the place in my post I said that?  Let me clarify: You believe the press accounts of JD Hayworth, therefore you drank the Kool-Aid."  That's what I meant to say.  Meanwhile, you cite polls that are mostly Democrat to support your argument?

The press said Hayworth was a clown.  You say Hayworth is a clown.  I think we have your number.

You have my number?   888what

I wasn't citing polls.  That was the result of the primary between McCain and Hayworth.  As I said, you might just want to research him before jumping on his defense.   What press accounts are you referring to calling him a clown?  Heck I thought that was a "Mac" original,  :whistle:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2014, 12:29:40 am »
MAC you are a standup guy. You're probably more moderate on some issues then I am, and maybe I'm more moderate than you are on other issues. But you are a class act.

Disagreement in politics is par for the course. But, but I like to keep in mind that all of us here are among friends. Because in the end we all basically want the same thing, constitutional governance. And we ain't had much of that in a long time.

Appreciate the kind words AC.  Truth be told my friend, there's not much balance here these days.  But yes, I certainly want a government that has restraints, pays its bills, protects my rights and defends this wonderful  Country.  :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2014, 12:45:50 am »

Word!!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2014, 12:50:10 am »
Appreciate the kind words AC.  Truth be told my friend, there's not much balance here these days.  But yes, I certainly want a government that has restraints, pays its bills, protects my rights and defends this wonderful  Country.  :patriot:

MAC, I suspect there is more balance than you think here in our little corner of the web.  AC is right, you are a class act.  And I enjoy what CL brings to the forum. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2014, 01:03:05 am »

I've been reading more than talking (and that's a lot!) for a few months, including many of your comments.  I agree with the folks above you are a stand up guy.  We'll just have to disagree about JD Hayworth.  I think we might agree McCain is a first-class pr*ck.  Just a guess.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2014, 01:04:53 am »
And apparently 68% of Arizona GOP voters didn't care much for Hayworth either.

Nope! If it were confined to GOP voters only McCain would have been gone LONG ago!

Lotta Kool-Aid drinkers in Arizona,

Yep! Between the RINOS and the democrats who cross over just to vote for McCain it adds up to a lot for sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2014, 01:09:29 am »
MAC, I suspect there is more balance than you think here in our little corner of the web.  AC is right, you are a class act.  And I enjoy what CL brings to the forum.

You guys are way too kind tonight!  I think many posters are expecting a lot of the new majority, and I'm one of them.  Probably explains my sense of balance change.  I'll be a tad more circumspect though with my words for a while.   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2014, 01:16:25 am »
I think many posters are expecting a lot of the new majority

Right now I am more concerned about what Obama is going to do next week with granting amnesty...there is no way to stop this I'm afraid...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2014, 01:25:33 am »
I've been reading more than talking (and that's a lot!) for a few months, including many of your comments.  I agree with the folks above you are a stand up guy.  We'll just have to disagree about JD Hayworth.  I think we might agree McCain is a first-class pr*ck.  Just a guess.

Thanks CL, and I'm definitely not in McCain's camp, and he needs to retire gracefully.  His desire for cross-aisle agreements has led to some very bad calls.  He's a little too anxious for war, but is a good supporter of the military.  As some here know, I've been a supporter of comprehensive immigration reform with emphasis on border security and harsher employer sanctions.  And it's the handful of negotiators like McCain who could have helped achieve such a deal, like the one Republicans turned down in '07.  But with the latest on Obama's foray into a highly questionable constitutional issue with his planned executive orders, I doubt any deal with come from Congress.  So maybe the best McCain can do now is to help ensure the CR next month only lasts for one month