Author Topic: Gov. Scott Walker: "Governors Make Much Better Presidents Than Members Of Congress"  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/09/gov_scott_walker_governors_make_much_better_presidents_than_members_of_congress.html

Posted on November 9, 2014
Gov. Scott Walker: "Governors Make Much Better Presidents Than Members Of Congress"

CHUCK TODD, MEET THE PRESS: I've got to ask you about 2016. You made a pledge in October that you were going to serve all four years. Does that pledge still hold?

GOV. SCOTT WALKER (R-Wis.): I said my plan was for four years. I've got a plan to keep going for the next four years. But, you know, certainly I care deeply about not only my state, but my country. We'll see what the future holds.

CHUCK TODD: Do you defer to Paul Ryan?

SCOTT WALKER: I love Paul Ryan. I've said many times before I'd be the president of Paul Ryan fan club. But I do think if we're going to beat Hillary Clinton in this next election, we've got to have a message that says, "Hillary Clinton is all about Washington." I think in many ways, she was the big loser on Tuesday because she embodies everything that's wrong with Washington.

We offer a fresh approach. Any of us, now 31 governors across the country have the executive experience from outside of Washington to provide a much better alternative to the old, tired, top-down approach you see out of Washington D.C. We need something fresh, organic, from the bottom up. And that's what you get in the states.

CHUCK TODD: You're not deferring to Paul Ryan, then? It sounds like you believe a governor, not a member of Congress should be the Republican nominee?

SCOTT WALKER: Paul Ryan may be the only exception to that rule. But overall, I think governors make much better presidents than members of Congress.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Gov. Walker is exactly right.  Sounds like he is thinking about 2016.
I approve!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!