Author Topic: 'Obama angrily cut Biden off'  (Read 875 times)

rangerrebew

'Obama angrily cut Biden off'
« on: November 09, 2014, 04:18:53 pm »
Published on The Weekly Standard (http://www.weeklystandard.com)

President, VP May Differ on Immigration Strategy: 'Obama Angrily Cut Biden Off'

'Obama angrily cut Biden off'

Daniel Halper

November 9, 2014 10:31 AM

President Obama and Vice President Biden might not see eye-to-eye on immigration strategy. A hint of an apparent disagreement was on display during Obama's lunch with congressional leaders on Friday at the White House.

"The meeting was tense at times, according to a senior House Republican aide. The aide was not authorized to describe the back-and-forth publicly by name and spoke only on condition of anonymity," the Associated Press reports.

"Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, about to lose his grip on the upper chamber, barely said a word. The aide said at one point as House Speaker John Boehner was making an argument on immigration, Obama responded that his patience was running out and Vice President Joe Biden interrupted to ask how long Republicans needed. Obama angrily cut Biden off, the aide said."

The Wall Street Journal reported similarly on the same exchange:

Mr. Obama told the lawmakers that he had already been patient waiting for the GOP-controlled House to act since the Senate passed a sweeping bipartisan immigration bill in June 2013.

At that point, Vice President Joe Biden asked how long Republicans might need to bring up an immigration bill, according to multiple people familiar with the meeting, asking if they might be ready by mid-February or another time this spring. Mr. Obama gave him a look that ended that line of discussion, the people said.

Democratic congressional aides said the president wasn’t cutting off Mr. Biden, who was making a rhetorical point that Republicans refused to commit to bringing an immigration bill to the floor by a specific time.

Daniel Halper is author of Clinton, Inc.: The Audacious Rebuilding of a Political Machine.

Subscribe now to The Weekly Standard!

Get more from The Weekly Standard: Follow WeeklyStandard.com on RSS and sign-up for our free Newsletter.

Copyright 2014 Weekly Standard LLC.

Source URL: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/president-vp-may-differ-immigration-strategy-obama-angrily-cut-biden_818457.html

Offline Rivergirl

Re: 'Obama angrily cut Biden off'
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »
The left seem to be the only people who don't get dizzy by their own spinning.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 07:40:11 pm »
The left seem to be the only people who don't get dizzy by their own spinning.

At the moment, they're trying to spin Obama as something other than a plastic automaton.  "Angrily?"  Riiiight.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:05:52 pm »
At the moment, they're trying to spin Obama as something other than a plastic automaton.  "Angrily?"  Riiiight.

Oh........ I think he's very angry.  In fact, I think he's seething with anger because, for the first time in his life, he's not being coddled and worshiped.  For the first time in his life, he's not being told he's wonderful and the ONE who can solve every problem just because he exists.

When false gods get rejected, I think they get angry.

And I think Obama is VERY angry.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:32:24 pm »
Oh........ I think he's very angry.  In fact, I think he's seething with anger because, for the first time in his life, he's not being coddled and worshiped.  For the first time in his life, he's not being told he's wonderful and the ONE who can solve every problem just because he exists.

When false gods get rejected, I think they get angry.

And I think Obama is VERY angry.

Spot on, ML!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »
I'm surprised Barry didn't wish Joe to the cornfield.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 09:47:16 pm »

Would anybody notice if he did?   000hehehehe
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 12:34:24 am »

The media is just helping Old Joe 'grow a spine' in time for 2016...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 03:33:06 am »
Musiclady wrote above:
[[ When false gods get rejected, I think they get angry.
And I think Obama is VERY angry. ]]

Good.

I hope that he absolutely loses it at the right moment -- before the cameras and before the public.

Then Valerie will put him on ice for the rest of his term, literally "put him out to pasture...." ..... er..... "out to the golf course"!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 03:37:26 am »
olde north wrote above:
[[ I'm surprised Barry didn't wish Joe to the cornfield. ]]

Here's something I put up a week or so ago, in another thread:
===================
OK, Joey, here’s the deal. We’ll make you an offa you can’t refuse.

Come January, we’ll have both the House and the Senate.

We only need a majority vote in the House to send up some “Articles” against Obama to the Senate — piece o’ cake.

But we need some of your friends in the Senate to convict. You know as well as us that a large part of the country is sick of Hussein, and Valerie’s been pullin’ your strings as well as his. And we know how you feel about that, too.

You help us out, we’ll help you.

Lean on enough of your Senate buddies to get us the one vote we need. A vote with, let's say, "conviction".

And then, you're gonna get the best of the bargain — you go down in history as bein’ President, even if it’s only for a coupla years. We know how much you want it.

How’s dat, Joey???