Author Topic: Ax-Wielding Man Tries to Attack D.C. Police Officer, Sinks Ax Into Cruiser Window  (Read 1016 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Wielding-Ax-Tries-to-Attack-DC-Police-OFficer-281042492.html

Ax-Wielding Man Tries to Attack D.C. Police Officer, Sinks Ax Into Cruiser Window
Officer being treated at a hospital for injuries sustained in the struggle

Saturday, Nov 1, 2014 • Updated at 7:35 AM EDT

In a brazen attack, a man wielding an ax tried to hurt a D.C. police officer early Friday morning, striking his vehicle and getting into a struggle with the officer.

The officer wasn't struck by the ax, but he was injured in the altercation that followed as he tried to tackle the assailant.

The suspect got away, said D.C. police.

It happened shortly before 3:20 a.m. Friday, as an officer with the city's Fifth District was patrolling in a marked squad car in the 3800 block of 13th Street NE. The officer noticed what police called a suspicious person, who avoided the officer by entering an alley. The officer followed in his car, where he was ambushed by the man with the ax, police said.

The ax shattered the car's window, and the officer got out of his car and chased the man.

In a brief struggle that followed, the officer suffered a dislocated shoulder and injured knee. He was not injured by the ax.

The officer was taken to a local hospital and is expected to recover.

Police K-9 units tracked a suspect to the 1000 block of Perry Street NE, near Michigan Avenue, but have not found him.

Neighbors who usually describe the area as pretty quiet are horrified.

"Yeah, I did hear a yell. I heard a scream," said nearby resident Christopher Niosi. "I have a seven-car garage back year. I'm wondering if they tried to get in."

Niosi's backyard stretches to the alley where the officer got out of the cruiser and struggled with the suspect.

"Sadly, it's a comment on society today, you know?" Niosi said. "You're in the city, you know? Sad to hear it."

A motive in the attack remains unknown, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. She said in a release that authorities have been urging members of the police force to remain vigilant at all times.

"While we do not have any information at this point on the motivation surrounding today's attack, this situation underscores the need to always maintain a very high level of situational awareness while we are working," Lanier said in a release. "Recent incidents targeting uniformed law enforcement officers in Quebec, New York City, and now to one our own here in Washington, D.C. are reminders that we must always be ready for any eventuality."

Officers were going door- to-door in the area, searching for the suspect. The assailant will face felony assault charges once apprehended.

The incident comes just days after two NYPD officers were injured in an attack by a man with a hatchet in Queens, reported NBCNewYork.com.

A $10,000 reward is being given for information that leads to an arrest in the D.C. incident.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
This is a horrible trend.  What's next?  Necklacing?  Where the hell am I? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

This is a horrible trend.  What's next?  Necklacing?  Where the hell am I?

Obamaville.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

Obamaville.

Yeah, I can't believe what I'm watching happening in real time right in front of me!  It's going to get rough. 

Offline musiclady

Yeah, I can't believe what I'm watching happening in real time right in front of me!  It's going to get rough.

And it's accelerating at lightening speed.

The terrorists know they have a friend in the Oval Office, and they're making the most of it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

Time to get those concealed carry permits, my friends!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Time to get those concealed carry permits, my friends!

What do you carry, mountaineer?

Offline mountaineer

I have a S&W .380;  Mr. M has a Taurus .38. I wouldn't mind getting some more firepower, though.

Offline musiclady

I have a S&W .380;  Mr. M has a Taurus .38. I wouldn't mind getting some more firepower, though.

Let me know what you recommend, OK?

Offline alicewonders

Let me know what you recommend, OK?

Just my two cents.  I tried different guns and I ended up getting a Bersa 9mm Ultra Compact.  It fits my small hands, doesn't weigh much and is comfortable to carry.  My accuracy is fantastic with it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And it's accelerating at lightening speed.

The terrorists know they have a friend in the Oval Office, and they're making the most of it.

They also know that time is running out, and if they're going to around eating peoples' faces they'd better get on the stick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Just my two cents.  I tried different guns and I ended up getting a Bersa 9mm Ultra Compact.  It fits my small hands, doesn't weigh much and is comfortable to carry.  My accuracy is fantastic with it.
There are some very nice small 9mm guns out there and that may be the direction I go.
My .380 is several years old; there are smaller and lighter ones available in that caliber now, as well.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Baby bought me a nice S&W .45 M&P last December.  It has a kewl Crimson laser sight....

A bit of a "man's" gun, though, it kicks like heck.  For carrying around we have a couple of 380s.  Small.  We live in AZ, so no permits are required.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

Baby bought me a nice S&W .45 M&P last December.  It has a kewl Crimson laser sight....

A bit of a "man's" gun, though, it kicks like heck.  For carrying around we have a couple of 380s.  Small.  We live in AZ, so no permits are required.

I like the idea of a laser sight.  When I did a little reading on them, I realized that they used a power source, a battery I guess.  Does the battery last very long during use?  When it's not being used?

Offline musiclady

Thanks, all for the advice!

Offline andy58-in-nh

I like the idea of a laser sight.  When I did a little reading on them, I realized that they used a power source, a battery I guess.  Does the battery last very long during use?  When it's not being used?

I've got a 9mm Springfield XD9 which I fitted with a Crimson Trace laser grip sight. It operates on two lithium batteries (CR2032), which are still going strong after 3 years. It is no substitute for proper site placement training, but it can assist with your accuracy in stress situations. And it's fun at the range.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
IDK.  I haven't had it a year yet, and the instruction manual says they last for quite a while.
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

I've got a 9mm Springfield XD9 which I fitted with a Crimson Trace laser grip sight. It operates on two lithium batteries (CR2032), which are still going strong after 3 years. It is no substitute for proper site placement training, but it can assist with your accuracy in stress situations. And it's fun at the range.

Thanks Andy, I think I'll get one.

Offline alicewonders

IDK.  I haven't had it a year yet, and the instruction manual says they last for quite a while.

Thanks Cyber, that's good to know.