Author Topic: Tom Coburn to MSNBC: ‘I’m No Longer a Conservative’ According to Ted Cruz  (Read 18685 times)

Offline olde north church

I was referring to John Kerry and John Murtha.  John McCain to a far lesser degree.  Yeah, his family helped put him in the cockpit but he paid an price many wouldn't or couldn't have paid.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Oh for heavens sakes....Of course we all think Clinton was a low life rapist..it goes without saying.....and Bob Dole a national war hero...must we proclaim this all the time...?
IMO It would be nice if positive things about Republicans were noted more often at GOP Briefing Room.  Clearly that is not that consensus opinion.  Carry on.

Offline Rapunzel

IMO It would be nice if positive things about Republicans were noted more often at GOP Briefing Room.  Clearly that is not that consensus opinion.  Carry on.

IF we have something good to say... we say it.  This is not FR and here we speak our mind, not what we are told we can think.  In other words, if you want Republican Group Think go to FR where they tell you which candidate you can support and which candidates you cannot even speak of.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

Did you come here today to be a condescending jerk?  All you've done today is insult everyone here.

And I say this as myself, not as a member of the forum staff.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In the case of McCain he has good reason not to mention it! If it hadn't been for his father and grandfather being admirals before him John McCain would never have been in the cockpit of an F-4 over Hanoi!
That sort of thing was commonplace, and was not John McCain's fault. He was in that cockpit, and as a veteran, I find disrespect for this man's, or ANY other man's service totally unacceptable.

And then Bob Dole, too?

This sort of nonsense should stop.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I post not, yet take pleasure in hearing the discussion here. We discuss much topics from here.

Must take complaint to "If you go to the 1940s, Nazi Germany... look, we saw in Britain, Neville Chamberlain, who told the British people, ‘Accept the Nazis. Yes, they’ll dominate the continent of Europe but that’s not our problem. Let’s appease them. Why? Because it can’t be done. We can’t possibly stand against them.’”.

Senator Cruz is wise man from my read. Strong in doing promises. Knows not history.

Mark explain to me, he got very angry at our eldest child calling Mr. Chamberlain an appeaser. It is worthy to read on. The material is there. To world he is coward appeaser. To ones who know he is hero. Delay war two year, use two year to make army, navy, air force bigger. Only possible as when Minister for Industry Mr. Chamberlain got more factory working fast. More power, more mine for iron and coal. More people in factory. More plans for food growing. He saw the war coming.

Asked my late Poppa if true. Poppa grew up in Fascist Italy. In Army Intelligence all working life after war. In Partisans during war. Poppa says true. War in 1937 would destroy England. Not just smart for delay. Only possible think to do.

Forgive poor spelling, my typing is poor. If made mistke in posting way forgive also. Grazia!

Mrs. EC.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That sort of thing was commonplace, and was not John McCain's fault. He was in that cockpit, and as a veteran, I find disrespect for this man's, or ANY other man's service totally unacceptable.

And then Bob Dole, too?

This sort of nonsense should stop.

I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong about that! McCain was afforded treatment no one else EVER got both at Annapolis and in flight school! Having said that, he DID wind up as a North Vietnamese POW and dishonored himself again!  They knew EXACTLY who he was within one hour of his having been pulled out of that lake because HE TOLD THEM! That is how the Dems have been controlling him all of these years!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:04:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Olivia

I truly wish we could have more positive things to say about republicans but during the past few years, with a few exceptions, we haven't had anything to be positive about.
The lines between democrats and republicans are becoming blurred to the point of extinction.

Everyone respects the service record of John McCain, Bob Dole,  but that doesn't give them a pass as far as their political record goes. 

Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Oh hey, if you think its bad here now, don't show your face during primary season.   The Republican bashing reaches truly scary levels.

Offline mountaineer

I'll say something nice about a Republican. My GOP congressman voted, in his words, "to pass a continuing resolution (CR) that will keep the government running and protect American families and businesses from Obamacare."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

Oh but they are; they're just about republicans whom you loathe.  Considering your sometimes vicious comments about republicans whom you hate, you might go and read up on the 11th Commandment, which was in fact designed precisely to address the damage liberals like you have historically done to the GOP.

But, as you say, "Carry on."

Then again, if you hate what you read on this forum so much, why on Earth are you here?  Masochism?

Offline sinkspur

I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong about that! McCain was afforded treatment no one else EVER got both at Annapolis and in flight school! Having said that, he DID wind up as a North Vietnamese POW and dishonored himself again!  They knew EXACTLY who he was within one hour of his having been pulled out of that lake because HE TOLD THEM! That is how the Dems have been controlling him all of these years!

These are some of the most despicable remarks I've read on this forum.  Trashing war heroes is now acceptable, acceptable, apparently,  to the leader of this forum whose own husband is in the service.

You ought to be ashamed, bub.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:47:41 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Oh but they are; they're just about republicans whom you loathe.  Considering your sometimes vicious comments about republicans whom you hate, you might go and read up on the 11th Commandment, which was in fact designed precisely to address the damage liberals like you have historically done to the GOP.

But, as you say, "Carry on."

Then again, if you hate what you read on this forum so much, why on Earth are you here?  Masochism?

You continue to reference the 11th Commandment as if it were meant to protect only one set of opinions in the Republican Party.  When Ronald Reagan used it, he meant it to cover EVERYBODY , not just the select whom you happen to favor.

The fact is, conservatives are the biggest violators of this "Commandment" and always have been.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
These are some of the most despicable remarks I've read on this forum.  Trashing war heroes is now acceptable, acceptable, apparently,  to the leader of this forum whose own husband is in the service.

You have got to be kidding...no one is trashing a war heroes' military service to their country...only to their positions on political views and actions...there is a difference..

example..I adored Gen Petreaus for his military leadership, but do I condone his personal life and him working for this admin...absolutely not....

Members here are clearly separating the two feats.....military service and public service.....

btw....even my own husband is wrong on some of his political ideas and I let him know it....lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Truth is truth regardless of who does or does not like it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

You have got to be kidding...no one is trashing a war heroes' military service to their country...only to their positions on political views and actions...there is a difference..

example..I adored Gen Petreaus for his military leadership, but do I condone his personal life and him working for this admin...absolutely not....

Members here are clearly separating the two feats.....military service and public service.....

btw....even my own husband is wrong on some of his political ideas and I let him know it....lol

Go back and read Bigun's words on McCain.  First, he asserts he got privileges at Annapolis open to no one, then trashes him as he struggled FOR FIVE YEARS in a POW camp.  Bigun rips McCain on BOTH his military AND his public service.

It's your forum, but this kind of thing is going to be called out by me and others.  There is NO JUSTIFICATION for trashing McCain's military service just because one disagrees with his politics.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Go back and read Bigun's words on McCain.  First, he asserts he got privileges at Annapolis open to no one, then trashes him as he struggled FOR FIVE YEARS in a POW camp.  Bigun rips McCain on BOTH his military AND his public service.

It's your forum, but this kind of thing is going to be called out by me and others.  There is NO JUSTIFICATION for trashing McCain's military service just because one disagrees with his politics.

Listen...right or wrong Bigun is entitled to his opinion as you are....and you have a lot of opinions many disagree with...but DO NOT call me unpatriotic for allowing someone to voice theirs here....I am 62yo and have been in the military all my life...[daughter, wife and now mother].

Do I have to put out a disclaimer that opinions here do not reflect the views of the owners....if so consider it done!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

Listen...right or wrong Bigun is entitled to his opinion as you are....and you have a lot of opinions many disagree with...but DO NOT call me unpatriotic for allowing someone to voice theirs here....I am 62yo and have been in the military all my life...[daughter, wife and now mother].

Do I have to put out a disclaimer that opinions here do not reflect the views of the owners....if so consider it done!

OK.  Just so I'm clear, trashing a war hero is just fine.  Got it.  That's what I'm calling it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is approaching *a bridge too far!*
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
People have been editing history since Cain and Abel. 

Good thing they didn't have Neighborhood Watchmen back then or we'd be 'learning' that Cain used a "Stand your ground" law.

I've read about John McCain's time spent in a Viet Cong POW prison camp.  ....from differing POVs. 

If it saved John McCain a summary execution by informing them that his father was a Navy Admiral...good for him. I don't know why that would make any difference to the commanding VC troop that took him from the downed plane.

Most people who suffer in that environment never want to talk about it.   Is that the reason John McCain hasn't written a book?   Or is it for the same reason John Kerry got clobbered?   We'll probably have to wait until they all die....before Meghan McCain 'finds' some diary of her father....how he suffered unimaginable torture, etc..

We all hate John McCain in here because rather that fight for the life of the Republic and Constitution...he'd rather go along to get along.

Somebody should tell him that we want them to fight with the intensity of Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Barack Hussein Obama.  Fight like the Left.  Fight like our lives depend on it.

It does.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

You are exactly right.  NO ONE is trashing anyone's service to their country.  That is the distinction that certain people purposely ignore when they look for excuses to come here to vent their unresolved inner anger issues, and trash the forum and other posters.   Which is exactly what Sinkspur has been doing here the past few days. 

Now I guess I'll stand back while Sinky's defenders arrive and scold the rest of us for ((cough)) picking on him. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Now I guess I'll stand back while Sinky's defenders arrive and scold the rest of us for ((cough)) picking on him.

Can't help it....he's family!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

:silly:    :kisses2:

Offline Cincinnatus

You just cannot get through to this guy.

OK.  Just so I'm clear, trashing a war hero is just fine.  Got it.  That's what I'm calling it.

Listen...right or wrong Bigun is entitled to his opinion as you are....and you have a lot of opinions many disagree with

He is either the densest or most dishonest poster I have even encountered on any Forum.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams