Author Topic: Tom Coburn to MSNBC: ‘I’m No Longer a Conservative’ According to Ted Cruz  (Read 18688 times)

Offline sinkspur

Oh we all knew who who Rubio was. We also knew Crist had been a lousy governor, who stabbed Rudy in the back, who avoided Bush when he flew down to Florida toward the end of his term, who had hugged up to Obama and if we knew it then Cornyn and McCain DAMNED well knew it, too.

You happy with Rubio?  The GOP leader of the Gang of 8 on Amnesty?

Cornyn is solid in Texas.  YOU may not like him, but he'll be reelected handily.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

Guess the source (no peeking) (as if you have to).

that airhead Elizabeth Hasselbeck...Michael Steele is...the emptiest suit...Michael Steel couldn't manage a 7-11...he's new. Everybody likes eye candy...Do you even think before you post nonsense like that?...especially her inane groveling...Tom Coburn's a RINO.  That's the equivalent of the Taliban to the unappeaseables...He's my Senator, and I think he's a fool...The man who...knocked everybody else down getting to the door to be seen by powerful GOP figures...This is the same bullshit...Don't be disappointed when you figure out that Cruz is doing all this to pad his resume for 2016...the dreamer who persuades by equating his opposition to Nazi enablers...Ted Cruz apparently believes that opposing his tactics on defunding Obamacare is the equivalent of appeasing the Nazis...with the walk-on-water Ted Cruz.

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Cincinnatus

For those keeping track, please add Sinkspur's latest post to the list.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline sinkspur

For those keeping track, please add Sinkspur's latest post to the list.

Did you rat out your schoolmates in elementary school, Cindy?  You are such a tool.

Offline R4 TrumPence

If I walked into a business meeting with 20 like minded people to discuss ideas and moving forward to help the company, then I presented my choices and thoughts and only had maybe one other person agree with my thinking.....and I know that 85% of the time we are all on the same page.... I might have to rethink my motives for not wanting  the company to succeed, and JUST MIGHT HAVE TO ADMIT I AM WRONG....

JUST SAYIN :shrug: :whistle:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Bob Dole wasn't any different that the man he was running against and the voters figured that out rather quickly!
Your entitled to your opinion but to set the record straight.
Bob Dole has two Purple Hearts, and the Bronze Star. Bill Clinton raped a woman, and molested two others.
Bob Dole helped pass Ronald Reagan's agenda for all 8 years as the Senate Majority/Minority Leader.  Clinton passed gun restrictions, burned children alive in Waco, and blamed Rush Limbaugh for Timothy McVeigh.

I could go on

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bob Dole has two Purple Hearts, and the Bronze Star. Bill Clinton raped a woman, and molested two others.
Bob Dole helped pass Ronald Reagan's agenda for all 8 years as the Senate Majority/Minority Leader.  Clinton passed gun restrictions, burned children alive in Waco, and blamed Rush Limbaugh for Timothy McVeigh.

I could go on

I am well aware of Bob Dole's war record and thank him for that service but stand by what I said. Politically he was no different than Bill Clinton. As far as helping pass the Reagan agenda you need to take a closer look at that. Bob had to be dragged kicking and screaming to most of that. Reagan got most of it done by going over the head of the Washington establishment directly to the American people!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

I could go on

A lot of folks get a pass just because they wore a uniform.  It's not right.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

Dole, McCain, Hagel... too many have ridden that horse into the ground which is unfortunate for the many other heroes who did what they did without asking for pats on the back and ever-ending adulation in return.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

Dole, McCain, Hagel... too many have ridden that horse into the ground which is unfortunate for the many other heroes who did what they did without asking for pats on the back and ever-ending adulation in return.

:amen:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

On this board someone who rapes, confiscates guns, and burns children alive also gets a pass.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:59:16 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline olde north church

On this board someone who rapes, confiscates guns, and burns children alive also gets a pass.

Wouldn't by me.  You speaking of someone in particular?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

What the hell are you talking about?  You had better be prepared to back up such an accusation.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Hmmm...I am curious...and who is this person?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

What do you mean by this comment?

Offline Olivia

I am well aware of Bob Dole's war record and thank him for that service but stand by what I said. Politically he was no different than Bill Clinton. As far as helping pass the Reagan agenda you need to take a closer look at that. Bob had to be dragged kicking and screaming to most of that. Reagan got most of it done by going over the head of the Washington establishment directly to the American people!

I think this text is being referenced but think Bigun meant that Dole and Clinton were only alike politically. Clinton has no service record at all but Dole was not a conservative.

(Just my 2 cents)
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline sinkspur

With all due respect, I'm not aware of Dole, McCain, or Hagel wearing their service on their sleeves as John Kerry has done.

In fact, Bob Dole and Chuck Hagel never mention it unless asked.

Offline sinkspur

Howard Baker was Majority Leader of the US Senate from 1981-1986, not Bob Dole.  Reagan's problem was not the Senate; it was the US House, led by Jim Wright.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Seek help! I do believe your brain has shorted out!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
With all due respect, I'm not aware of Dole, McCain, or Hagel wearing their service on their sleeves as John Kerry has done.

In fact, Bob Dole and Chuck Hagel never mention it unless asked.

In the case of McCain he has good reason not to mention it! If it hadn't been for his father and grandfather being admirals before him John McCain would never have been in the cockpit of an F-4 over Hanoi!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Sounds like a description of Bill Clinton...Janet Reno.

Are you saying some posters in here gave the Clinton Administration a pass?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bigun said "Bob Dole wasn't any different that the man he was running against and the voters figured that out rather quickly!"
I replied "Your entitled to your opinion but to set the record straight.
Bob Dole helped pass Ronald Reagan's agenda for all 8 years as the Senate Majority/Minority Leader.  Clinton passed gun restrictions, burned children alive in Waco, and blamed Rush Limbaugh for Timothy McVeigh." 

Thank you Sinkspur for correcting me on the Majority/Minority Leader

many replies after I see condemnation of Dole for using his war injuries for political points, no condemnation of Clinton.  And so far no one agrees with e that Bob Dole was a far better man than Clinton.  Hence he gets a pass.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
many replies after I see condemnation of Dole for using his war injuries for political points, no condemnation of Clinton.  And so far no one agrees with e that Bob Dole was a far better man than Clinton.  Hence he gets a pass.

Oh for heavens sakes....Of course we all think Clinton was a low life rapist..it goes without saying.....and Bob Dole a national war hero...must we proclaim this all the time...?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

uh oh
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck