Poll

Will Republicans fold and postpone the vote?

yes
18 (40.9%)
no
26 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: September 21, 2018, 06:49:32 pm

Author Topic: California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation  (Read 14393 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Once-Ler

I don't understand why your previous post was directed at Trump rather than Flake? Am I missing something?

We do not elect kings.  What goes around comes around.

How could Jeff Flake, who is setting record low polling numbers in Arizona and was therefore humiliatingly forced out of his own Senate seat without even a fight (and who doesn’t have a clue), think about running for office, even a lower one, again? Let’s face it, he’s a Flake!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 7, 2018

Do you know why McCain  :thumbsdown: Obamacare?  McCain preferred Presidents who don't piss off the people they need to pass legislation.  Trump suffers from self inflicted wounds and he deserves it.  Is it petty and egotistical?  You bet, but if I was deluded, and thought President Trump gave a damn about America instead of his own self interests, I might be angry at Flake too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I might be angry at Flake too.

You wake up angry and go to bed pissed off. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

You sound jealous.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Have to give our friend, @Once-Ler a break here.

Before his feet touch the floor in the morning, he's 0 and 2 in the count.

He's fighting off everything thrown at him...    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

With Terrible Trump, on his mind.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Quote from: AllThatJazzZ on Today at 12:28:07 PM

@Once-Ler

I don't understand why your previous post was directed at Trump rather than Flake? Am I missing something?

We do not elect kings.  What goes around comes around.

How could Jeff Flake, who is setting record low polling numbers in Arizona and was therefore humiliatingly forced out of his own Senate seat without even a fight (and who doesn’t have a clue), think about running for office, even a lower one, again? Let’s face it, he’s a Flake!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 7, 2018

Do you know why McCain  :thumbsdown: Obamacare?  McCain preferred Presidents who don't piss off the people they need to pass legislation.  Trump suffers from self inflicted wounds and he deserves it.  Is it petty and egotistical?  You bet, but if I was deluded, and thought President Trump gave a damn about America instead of his own self interests, I might be angry at Flake too.

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention. I've been in agreement with you regarding what an oaf Trump is. Nevertheless, he's the president and is capable of implementing policies that affect our lives.

You sound glad that McCain gave the thumbs down. Sure, he got even with Trump (in McCain's inimitable petty, bitter, vengeful manner), but he did so at the expense of the American people. He could have left a more honorable legacy for himself, but he chose to remain the angry little jerk he's always been. Unforgiveness is not an admirable character trait, especially if you're at the end of your life. Worse still is that his [unending] funeral was peppered with the gospel which is based on forgiveness. Sadly, forgiveness was in short supply from most of the speakers. Instead, getevenwiththemism was pervasive. Sadly, that's what his send-off will be remembered for.

But enough of that. I'm just flummoxed by the incessant focus on Trump's idiocy and zero to little focus on the stiff-necked never-Trumpers who still have a responsibility to serve the citizens.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Have to give our friend, @Once-Ler a break here.

Before his feet touch the floor in the morning, he's 0 and 2 in the count.

He's fighting off everything thrown at him...    :laugh:

He would be Robin Ventura and I would be Nolan Ryan.  Chin music time!

Online DCPatriot

He would be Robin Ventura and I would be Nolan Ryan.  Chin music time!

Nope...I've 'knocked' him down....he's like that weighted air-filled clown that keeps standing up for more. 

(Let it said here I am in no way saying @Once-Ler is or acts like a clown.   He's good people)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

Nope...I've 'knocked' him down....he's like that weighted air-filled clown that keeps standing up for more. 

(Let it said here I am in no way saying @Once-Ler is or acts like a clown.   He's good people)

You are too kind.  I'd bean the sumbitch and take the ejection, the 3 game suspension and pay a fine!   :smokin:

Online DCPatriot

You are too kind.  I'd bean the sumbitch and take the ejection, the 3 game suspension and pay a fine!   :smokin:

888high58888

You sound glad that McCain gave the thumbs down. Sure, he got even with Trump (in McCain's inimitable petty, bitter, vengeful manner), but he did so at the expense of the American people.

Perhaps I could have worded this better "Do you know why McCain  :thumbsdown: Obamacare?  McCain preferred Presidents who don't piss off the people they need to pass legislation.  Trump suffers from self inflicted wounds and he deserves it.  Is it petty and egotistical?  You bet, but if I was deluded, and thought President Trump gave a damn about America instead of his own self interests, I might be angry at Flake too."

We both called McCain petty.  The difference is I don't think Trump cares about the American people and I don't give Trump a pass on his pettiness.  People are human and just because they "have a responsibility to serve the citizens" don't mean it's gonna happen if they are treated the way Trump treats everybody.

@The Ghost @DCPatriot ...great political analysis.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Perhaps I could have worded this better "Do you know why McCain  :thumbsdown: Obamacare?  McCain preferred Presidents who don't piss off the people they need to pass legislation.  Trump suffers from self inflicted wounds and he deserves it.  Is it petty and egotistical?  You bet, but if I was deluded, and thought President Trump gave a damn about America instead of his own self interests, I might be angry at Flake too."

We both called McCain petty.  The difference is I don't think Trump cares about the American people and I don't give Trump a pass on his pettiness.  People are human and just because they "have a responsibility to serve the citizens" don't mean it's gonna happen if they are treated the way Trump treats everybody.

Your brain is in backwards!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Trump’s business interests have suffered significantly since he assumed office.

Exactly what self interest are you referring to @Once-Ler ?

Trump’s business interests have suffered significantly since he assumed office.
@aligncare
Show me.

Online Wingnut

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Your feet smell.

Not nearly like the BS you spew!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Only cause you’re a friend will I do your bidding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-s-presidency-bad-business-his-own-n809886

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/jan/16/beginning-end-trump-real-estate-empire

And from the left wing BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42736704

Thanx buddy.  Those put a smile on my face.   That is some pretty good evidence that the Trump brand has lost value...It doesn't show cause and effect.  Trump's pre-president businesses have failed mightily.  Could just be a continuation of poor business management, but I don't have any links that show he is up or down.  I've just seen him spending a lot of golf time, vacation, and political events at his own properties.

But you came up with the links so I award you 1,000 points.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you know why McCain  :thumbsdown: Obamacare?  McCain preferred Presidents who don't piss off the people they need to pass legislation. 

So McCain broke his promise to the citizens of Arizona, knowingly screwed the American people and his political party --- and he did this because it was more important to him to shove a dagger in the President's back as one of his last acts on this Earth.

That you applaud this means you have lost your mind.  It has been consumed by hatred for Donald Trump.  You need to take a break and try to find your soul before you lose that, too.

Not nearly like the BS you spew!
hmmm.  I don't smell it over the liquor and urine soaked clothing, but ENJOY. happy77

You need to take a break and try to find your soul before you lose that, too.
:silly:
I don't think that post could funnier from anyone else here.  Top Notch!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone should find out if she has been through one of those regressed therapies where they create false memories.  Even the churches are doing it these days.  Its called Sozo.
Janet Reno's bunch used similar therapy to get children to testify against a 14 year old in a church day-care in Florida. Despite the room the children were in being enclosed in glass and plainly visible, the children testified all sorts of fanciful things against the kid who was watching them, including how one boy had changed to superman and come in the window to save his sister. Despite being found innocent of all charges, reno continued to hound the family and they eventually went back to the Netherlands. The same Janet Reno who called the shots at the Branch Davidian Massacre at Waco.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis