Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22743 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2017, 04:48:37 pm »
It's an interesting question what the Supreme Court would do with the natural born citizen nonsense if it ever got a case.

It is an interesting case. There has NOT been a case like this for a President.

George Romney dropped out before his circumstances were considered.  And the situation is conside3red in public opinion, and by opponents, long before it gets to court.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2017, 04:50:39 pm »
One thing can be certain: If Cruz were ever nominated, his democrat opponents would scream about his foreign birth, make a huge deal of it, and it will impact his eventual defeat.

Cruz has the lack of broad appeal, like Sen. Goldwater. Some call him the "most conservative" in the Senate.

Cruz does not lack broad appeal.  He's actually quite personable and funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mcie4Nasw
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2017, 04:53:24 pm »
MOD 3. Hmm. Wonder who MOD 3 was...

So, instead of taking responsibility for your actions you just want to know who called you on them?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »
One thing can be certain: If Cruz were ever nominated, his democrat opponents would scream about his foreign birth, make a huge deal of it, and it will impact his eventual defeat.

When Cruz gets the nomination it will go about as far and die as quickly as it did when the Libs tried this smear on McCain.

If this was seriously a problem then Cruz would have never been allowed by Federal Elections Officials and those at the state level to appear on the ballot in the primaries.

It's an uncomfortable truth the birthers want to ignore.

That and the fact Trump himself said that Cruz was eligible.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »
The courts will stay out of it. Nothing will prevent Cruz from running, but the Rats will bound the crap out of Cruz on the NBC issue. He will be painted as a hypocrite claiming to support our constitution and running for POTUS when he knows he is not eligible under our constitution.

However I'll hold my nose and vote for him should he ever be the GOP nominee. And when my Rat friend call him a hypocrite I'll just say "fine what else have you got?"
I would gladly vote for him. Before the GOP nominates him, the NBC issue will be all over the media. The dems will devour him.

He would lose by Goldwater proportions. He has narrow very deep but narrow appeal.

Legal opinion was divided over George Romney, and his birth in Mexico. He dropped out before it became big news.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2017, 04:54:14 pm »
So, instead of taking responsibility for your actions you just want to know who called you on them?

Seems to be par for the course for some around here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2017, 05:01:25 pm »
I would gladly vote for him. Before the GOP nominates him, the NBC issue will be all over the media. The dems will devour him.

He would lose by Goldwater proportions. He has narrow very deep but narrow appeal.

@truth_seeker, I'm committing right here and now to doing everything I can to give you that chance to vote for him!

Offline corbe

« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »
   The rumour I heard was @Frank Cannon was MOD 3, which explains why I'm often in the Dog House.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2017, 05:02:58 pm »
What a stupid and gratuitously insulting thing to say!

One last time @Sanguine @Oceander

Please relax.  Here is the quote from @corbe (post 116) that I was responding to--- my reply was neither gratuitous nor stupid.  Had you actually read CORBE's post, perhaps your jerking knees could have been controlled.   *****rollingeyes*****

Quote from: corbe on July 23, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

You certainly proved, to me anyway, that you have big ovaries @Emjay, to argue with RiV, I have to be drunk to do that and the blowback is to high a price, I usually just leave her to her fantasies, they are usually non fatal. @Right_in_Virginia
Here's the exchange in full:

Quote from: corbe on July 23, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

You certainly proved, to me anyway, that you have big ovaries @Emjay, to argue with RiV, I have to be drunk to do that and the blowback is to high a price, I usually just leave her to her fantasies, they are usually non fatal. @Right_in_Virginia

Reply #123
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on Today at 05:16:03 AM

Were you drunk when you posted this @corbe?   :pondering:

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »
When Cruz gets the nomination it will go about as far and die as quickly as it did when the Libs tried this smear on McCain.

If this was seriously a problem then Cruz would have never been allowed by Federal Elections Officials and those at the state level to appear on the ballot in the primaries.

It's an uncomfortable truth the birthers want to ignore.

That and the fact Trump himself said that Cruz was eligible.

If the FEC has any role, surely you will post those regulations. That should be simple for you.

But I seem to recall just a few years ago, during discussions of Obama's birth, there was little or no mention of the FED having any role.

So let's have the regs, and the Congressional laws authorizing them.

Oceander

« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2017, 05:08:05 pm »

Please relax.  Here is the quote from @corbe (post 116) that I was responding to--- my reply was neither gratuitous nor stupid.  Had you actually read CORBE's post, perhaps your jerking knees could have been controlled.   *****rollingeyes*****

Doesn't change my original comment one iota.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2017, 05:08:22 pm »
If the FEC has any role, surely you will post those regulations. That should be simple for you.

If there was any objection by the FEC it should be easy for you to find.

But I seem to recall just a few years ago, during discussions of Obama's birth, there was little or no mention of the FED having any role.

Don't know don't care...it's a stupid distraction from reality no matter who is pushing the conspiracy.  It's just meant to distract from real issues and real problems by people who don't have the mental capacity to engage in the real political problems this country faces or they backed the wrong guy to fix them and this is their cover for that.  Take your pick.

So let's have the regs, and the Congressional laws authorizing them.

Article II of the U.S. Constitution.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:09:55 pm by txradioguy »

Oceander

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2017, 05:08:47 pm »
   The rumour I heard was @Frank Cannon was MOD 3, which explains why I'm often in the Dog House.

Seriously?  That would explain a thing or two. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2017, 05:10:54 pm »

Gee, @Right_in_Virginia get over it, obviously it was a stupid thing to say on my part, obviously trolling you with what I thought was acceptable humor, as opposed to insults. If it was the Ovary thing, well I've studied Fetal Development and ovaries become balls or vice versa.
    Maybe your mad cause I jacked one of your threads last night (not @RoosGirl) and turned it into a boobie thing, get over your self importance, I got over mine after puberty.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2017, 05:11:19 pm »
I swore to myself I would never post here again. But, I felt compelled to give my support for your line of reasoning on NBC, jpsb

In the early campaign I had only two reservations about Sen. Cruz. First was the NBC issue--sure to be used by the 'rats to taint his candidacy and result in a certain GOP defeat.  My second reservation was stylistic: ask Sen. Cruz for the time and he'd give you a soaring, 15 minute dissertation on time as it relates to the constitution!

But, this election was too important to get wrong. It was critical to win against Hillary. So, no matter how much I agreed with Sen. Cruz's conservative ideology his personality, I felt, could never win in the America of 2016 against the gimmidats.

Well, as it turned out, Trump was the right man for the job and NeverTrump's been wrong about him at every juncture -- right up to today, plainly clear here at NeverTrump Central.

Anyway, keep up the good work, jpsb -- you, too, RIV. You still rock the politics here!

Thanks @aligncare   Miss you!   :bighug:

XOXO,
RIV

« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2017, 05:12:51 pm »
   Gee, @Right_in_Virginia get over it, obviously it was a stupid thing to say on my part, obviously trolling you with what I thought was acceptable humor, as opposed to insults. If it was the Ovary thing, well I've studied Fetal Development and ovaries become balls or vice versa.     

No worries, @corbe ... I am over it, it's others that appear stuck.

(I understood your humor ... and answered in kind   :laugh: )

« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2017, 05:13:55 pm »
Doesn't change my original comment one iota.

Color me shocked.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »
OMG .... I feel like I'm back on TOS.   Why are we arguing this?  Let's wait and argue it (if you must) in 2020 (I hope) or at least 2024.

Amazing.    I was going to post that this thread a strong TOS-ish feel to it.

The Cruz haters just couldn't let up after DJT won the nomination.  Strange obsession if you ask me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2017, 05:25:53 pm »
    Maybe your mad cause I jacked one of your threads last night (not @RoosGirl) and turned it into a boobie thing, get over your self importance, I got over mine after puberty.

I think everyone has taken things a little ovary the top with trying to nudge those we disagree with.  Tit for tat rarely sways any opinions, it just testes patience.

Now to make Trumpers' heads explode, I agree that Ted Cruz is not NBC.  But, that is neither here nor there for the next 3 years at least.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2017, 05:42:47 pm »

Not anymore. I was promoted to MOD 4 3/4 because of being able to keep you down and your soul crushed here at the site.

Cheers!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2017, 05:44:56 pm »
Not anymore. I was promoted to MOD 4 3/4 because of being able to keep you down and your soul crushed here at the site.

Cheers!

LOL

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »
If there was any objection by the FEC it should be easy for you to find.

IOW you can't back up your contention that the FEC is involved in determination of eligibility.

Accordingly, I will revise downward my expectations, re. your legal knowledge.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2017, 06:10:28 pm »
http://www.constitution.org/abus/presidential_eligibility_george_romney_mcelwee_1967.html

Concerning Gov. George Romney

"Presidential eligibility of George Romney
 by Pinckney G. McElwee of D.C. Bar
June 1967, The Congressional Record 6-14-1967"

snip

"I find no proper legal or historical basis on which to conclude that a person born outside of the United States could ever be eligible to occupy the Office of the President of the United States. In other words, in my opinion, Mr. George Romney of Michigan is ineligible to become President of the United States because he was born in Mexico and is, therefore, not a natural-born citizen as required by the United States Constitution.

...Pinckney G. McElwee "

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2017, 06:18:04 pm »
McCain’s Canal Zone Birth Prompts Queries About Whether That Rules Him Out

By CARL HULSEFEB. 28, 2008

read the entire article, which reviews the history, and the fact there is ongoing controversy....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html?mcubz=1

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2017, 06:21:55 pm »
IOW you can't back up your contention that the FEC is involved in determination of eligibility.

It seems they don't touch anything but campaign finance...they leave the eligibility issue to each individual state...and none of them that I can find declared Cruz ineligible to run for President.

Accordingly, I will revise downward my expectations, re. your legal knowledge.

At the end of the day it is still a higher level of knowledge than yours...as is my knowledge of the Constitution....of which...especially in this instance...you have none.

And unlike you and the rest of the birthers...I at least have the humility to admit when I've made a mistake and correct said mistake.

You on the other hand....