Author Topic: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long  (Read 11510 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 03:14:31 pm »
:amen: My family prays before every meal, and at family gatherings. Some of them pray before eating at public places, even Golden Corral. These kinds of people are not flaunting their religion, but practicing it. This goes both ways.

This is why the progressive religion of democrats who pray in the Obama church of long legged mack daddy- D E S P I S E  Duck Dynasty.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »
This is why the progressive religion of democrats who pray in the Obama church of long legged mack daddy- D E S P I S E  Duck Dynasty.

:silly: True! Funny, but true!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:08 pm »
I misread your post. My bad. I thought you were saying

Prayer doesn't bother me. Publically, beside a moment of silence or national tragedy, it does.

I read it wrong.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »
Matthew 6
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

I sat on the Board of Directors of a private Christian school for a year.  I was stunned by the hypocrisy and Christian "exhibitionism".  I am certain not all are like that - but it saddened and angered me.  What kept me connected at the time, was the excellent classroom environment for my sons.  It certainly wasn't the leadership.

Anyway... back to Senator Cruz and the regular programming.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2014, 03:27:39 pm »
I sat on the Board of Directors of a private Christian school for a year.  I was stunned by the hypocrisy and Christian "exhibitionism".  I am certain not all are like that - but it saddened and angered me.  What kept me connected at the time, was the excellent classroom environment for my sons.  It certainly wasn't the leadership.

Anyway... back to Senator Cruz and the regular programming.

Thank You.  To repeat....if Ted Cruz launches a bid for the Presidency, that makes him no better than Barack Obama.  I like Cruz just fine in the Senate and he can soon have some significant seniority there if he sticks to the Senate and leaves the Presidential politics to others.

Cruz would make a fine Majority Leader after the November elections.....

:beer:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 03:29:42 pm »
I just think it's a bit crass to pray for display.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 03:35:15 pm »
I just think it's a bit crass to pray for display.

Agreed - it is crass to pray for display, but I have engaged in public prayer many times where it was most definitely NOT for display and it was, in fact, quite appropriate.  I think praying for God to help in the direction of our country is very appropriate. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:47 pm »
Agreed - it is crass to pray for display, but I have engaged in public prayer many times where it was most definitely NOT for display and it was, in fact, quite appropriate.  I think praying for God to help in the direction of our country is very appropriate.

:amen: again

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2014, 03:43:18 pm »
Thank You.  To repeat....if Ted Cruz launches a bid for the Presidency, that makes him no better than Barack Obama.  I like Cruz just fine in the Senate and he can soon have some significant seniority there if he sticks to the Senate and leaves the Presidential politics to others.

So Rand Paul is also dismissed to run because of lack of experience?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2014, 03:45:13 pm »
By the way, who says Cruz is planning to run? I've never heard him say that. I think others have said that about him. Using it like a weapon. Implying that his positions are merely calculations. Accusing him of "ambition" as a way of impugning his sincerity.

Given that Cruz beat Dewhurst – the candidate you supported in the Senate race – that's not something you would do, right? Accuse him of insincerity and presidential ambition?

Why has he gone to Iowa twice?

Of course he's ambitious.  Watch what people DO, not what they say.  Cruz beat Dewhurst, yes.  But running in Texas is not the same as running nationally, and Cruz has burned a whole of lot of bridges that will take time to repair if he wants to run for President.

And he does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »

Who would vote for him, other than Mike Lee and Rand Paul? 

YOU would have a better chance of being elected Majority Leader than Ted Cruz.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »

Agreed.  The question which has yet to be answered - where does Senator Cruz place his personal goals?
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2014, 04:00:45 pm »
As sink notes, Senator Cruz has not established the requisite alliances to be elected to a leadership position in the Senate.  I simply don't see 2016 White House possibilities for him either.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:04:22 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »
Who would vote for him, other than Mike Lee and Rand Paul? 

YOU would have a better chance of being elected Majority Leader than Ted Cruz.

Oh crap  :silly: I agree with Sink again.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »
Oh crap  :silly: I agree with Sink again.

Sink is acerbic - and usually right.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:56 pm »
As sink notes, Senator Cruz has not established the requisite alliances to be elected to a leadership position in the Senate.  I simply don't see 2016 White House possibilities for him either.

Which spotlights the need for new blood in the senate for him to make alliances with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »
Which spotlights the need for new blood in the senate for him to make alliances with!

The might want to be a bit quicker on the uptake with new allies.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2014, 04:14:48 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2014, 04:21:12 pm »
Sink is acerbic - and usually right moderate.

Alternatively:

Sink is acerbic - and usually (slightly) right (of center).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:22:41 pm by massadvj »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2014, 04:22:24 pm »

The polls at RCP have Ryan the current top dog and he is not running. Or is he? He was at the state dinner...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »
Sink is acerbic - and usually right correct.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:00 pm »

Cruz reminds me of the guy who thinks everyone in the entire world is nuts but him.

He has no alliances because it's his way or the highway.  That's not the way politics works, which is why he has never won any of his faceoffs.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2014, 04:29:53 pm »
If McConnell loses the E will have to stop their democratic puppy love and the old guard will phase out.

Friday, February 07
Race/Topic   (Click to Sort)   Poll   Results   Spread
Kentucky Senate - McConnell vs. Grimes   Courier-Journal/SurveyUSA   Grimes 46, McConnell 42   Grimes +4

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/senate/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »
Cruz reminds me of the guy who thinks everyone in the entire world is nuts but him.

He has no alliances because it's his way or the highway.  That's not the way politics works, which is why he has never won any of his faceoffs.

If McConnell loses his seat Cruz will suddenly be in alliance. Sorry but just because the media hates him-I think I may like him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:42 pm »
If McConnell loses his seat Cruz will suddenly be in alliance. Sorry but just because the media hates him-I think I may like him.

McConnell's not going to lose.  He'll beat Bevins in the primary and tie Grimes at the hip to Obama, especially on the coal issue.

Rand Paul will campaign for McConnell as well.

This reminds me of those Texans who are so sure Cornyn's going to lose.   He's not.