Author Topic: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long  (Read 11577 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2014, 07:17:48 pm »
So, the Pat Caddell story isn't as far-fetched as some would like to think that it is?

IMO, the Pat Caddell (and Doug Schoen) story isn't far fetched at all....  It is pretty much clear as day, if one chooses to really pay attention to what is going on, and not try to excuse away reality...

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2014, 07:18:03 pm »
I agree!  IMHO Sink (Dave Carney) lives in an alternative universe not in any way connected to reality!

I agree, and like you I mean that in a GOOD way......Honest!!

:smokin:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »

Even when he's dead wrong, which is the case when we disagree.

:whistle:

Damn Luis.  I gotta ruminate on this!

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2014, 07:26:53 pm »
Honestly, that advanced the discussion... how?

It is my HONEST opinion. Nothing more! I have sink on ignore and have had for quite some time now although I do click on an occasional post of his to see if anything has changed. Unfortunately it hasn't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2014, 07:27:22 pm »
Caddell has  not consulted for Democrats since the Carter administration.

Actually, Caddell and Schoen had a small polling/consulting practice going up until the point that the two of them started speaking out against and calling attention to the abuses of the current administration in its first term.  Soon there after ALL of their business dried up and they found themselves "blacklisted" (sound familiar??), and the recipients of not so thinly veiled threats.  (I don't have a link, this is my recollection from hearing them both telling Hannity about it all over the course of several appearances on his radio show somewhere around 2010-11.)

Caddell and Schoen are part of a dying breed of patriotic Americans that chose to support the Democrat Party as it existed when they came of age in politics.  What some may refer to as "Your Grandfather's Democrat Party" (at least much more so than it does at the present).  The only other person in this category that comes to mind is a fellow named Peter Johnson, Jr., an attorney that appeared often on the FNC morning show.  I am sure that more than 3 of these people exist, but they are the only ones that I come to mind.  What also comes to mind as I think of the three of them, is that they surely love their country much more than their party (especially as it has become corrupted over time, at an ever increasing rate, I may add).  In my opinion they are very patriotic Americans that are pretty much as disgusted and angry about what "both" parties have been doing to this country for quite some time.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2014, 07:33:04 pm »
 goopo

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2014, 07:33:35 pm »
Dang Bigun.  I have been burned out for a long time so, accordingly, my posts have been non-substantive for some time.  I can understand ignoring me.  Sink?  No. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »

Dang Bigun.  I have been burned out for a long time so, accordingly, my posts have been non-substantive for some time.  I can understand ignoring me.  Sink?  No.

I understand the urge to ignore. Political passion is akin to madness. Look at what politics did to the German people in the 1930s. Only under the cover of politics could such madness grow.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »

Let me see if I can help you understand. Sink HATES Ted Cruz and always has! I think he is brightest ray of sunshine we've seen in the political realm in a LONG time! He is actually doing what he promised to do while campaigning. 

Sink thinks that surrender is victory. I think that you cannot possibly win a fight that you never have.

And mostly because he lies! Continually persists with the unmitigated BS that Ted Cruz shut down the government no matter how many times he's been corrected on the point.

We are never going to agree!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:50:17 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2014, 07:52:00 pm »
Actually, Caddell and Schoen had a small polling/consulting practice going up until the point that the two of them started speaking out against and calling attention to the abuses of the current administration in its first term.  Soon there after ALL of their business dried up and they found themselves "blacklisted" (sound familiar??), and the recipients of not so thinly veiled threats.  (I don't have a link, this is my recollection from hearing them both telling Hannity about it all over the course of several appearances on his radio show somewhere around 2010-11.)

Caddell and Schoen are part of a dying breed of patriotic Americans that chose to support the Democrat Party as it existed when they came of age in politics.  What some may refer to as "Your Grandfather's Democrat Party" (at least much more so than it does at the present).  The only other person in this category that comes to mind is a fellow named Peter Johnson, Jr., an attorney that appeared often on the FNC morning show.  I am sure that more than 3 of these people exist, but they are the only ones that I come to mind.  What also comes to mind as I think of the three of them, is that they surely love their country much more than their party (especially as it has become corrupted over time, at an ever increasing rate, I may add).  In my opinion they are very patriotic Americans that are pretty much as disgusted and angry about what "both" parties have been doing to this country for quite some time.

excellent post.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2014, 08:00:21 pm »
The "old" Republican Party represented "gentleman" politics.  Gentleman politics, nominating the "next in line" and returning the same old politicians election after election has allowed the Democrats to run amok and it is destroying this country.  We need more Ted Cruz's elected to the Senate.  We  - The People - need to take the power back from DC, Wall and K and that is going to take hurting some feelings of those who still think we can play gentleman politics AND save this country.   We are beyond being able to do both.   

I get that some people here are comfortable with the status quo, I don't understand it, but I get it. I am so far past the status quo I'm in the next universe.  I am sick of watching the Mitch McConnell's, John McCain's, Lamar Alexanders, John Boehners, Eric Cantors and Darrell Issa's put K-Street and the Chamber of Commerce over the people who elect them election after election. 

We have so dumbed down out schools - and Common Core is making it even worse - that we don't have a majority of voters in this country with a flipping clue about what is going on and why our economy is stagnating and they are collecting food stamps, AFDC, Section-8 housing and more instead of having a good-paying job to help support their families.  We have allowed environmentalists to destroy a lot of that and again both parties are guilty - McCain is one of the biggest uninformed greenies out there.....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:22 pm »
A bit dramatic?

Very dramatic.  Got your attention, didn't it?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2014, 08:04:13 pm »
I agree!  IMHO Sink (Dave Carney) lives in an alternative universe not in any way connected to reality!

If you want to fantasize that I'm Dave Carney, fine.  I'll take credit for Greg Abbott's victory in November...................that is not an insult, BTW. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2014, 08:09:31 pm »
Let me see if I can help you understand. Sink HATES Ted Cruz and always has! I think he is brightest ray of sunshine we've seen in the political realm in a LONG time! He is actually doing what he promised to do while campaigning. 

Sink thinks that surrender is victory. I think that you cannot possibly win a fight that you never have.

And mostly because he lies! Continually persists with the unmitigated BS that Ted Cruz shut down the government no matter how many times he's been corrected on the point.

I don't hate Ted Cruz.  I think he's an opportunist who's main goal is to advance his own political prospects, and I find his trajectory to be eerily similar to that of one Barack Obama.

Cruz DID shut down government.  He had the insane idea that he could force Obama to defund his own healthcare law.  Then, when that didn't work, he thought he could get him to defer the individual mandate.  At that point, Obama knew he had him whipped and just had to wait out the GOP.

They ended up getting nothing and resolved that they would never again adopt the crazy shutdown strategy. 

If somebody tells you they're not going to do something, and you act as if they are going to do something, who's to blame when nothing happens?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2014, 08:16:20 pm »
Once again.............

OBAMA shut down the government...............

OBAMA shut down the government..........

trying to save the country and follow the constitution is not "opportunism"

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:16:53 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »

I have a big problem when the label my opposition to Barack Obama's politics and policies as "hatred".

I have the same problem when it's done by our side.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline happyg

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2014, 08:19:38 pm »
Good posts, katzenjammer and Rap! I agree with both of you. And Rap, I'm with you. I am a voter. Period! We voters don't have the luxury of calling the shots, and don't even have a voice. That is not what the FF intended. Our representatives sit in back rooms, discussing how they are going to win elections, and how far they can go with their constituents. They love their power, and how they can fool the people. So they sit and plot and create a false image of themselves. All we can do is write our displeasure, demonstrate, form groups, and vote. And, in so doing, we become the enemy of our own parties. And, as they sit back in their recliners, the media comes to their rescue, fabricating a persona about true conservatives. The GOPe  relish that the democrats, media, and republicans conspired in a sense to invalidate the true patriots.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:53 pm »
I have a big problem when the label my opposition to Barack Obama's politics and policies as "hatred".

Fact is he has been "fixated" on Cruz from the day he got in the race for Senate. Sink wanted Dewhurst and had nothing but very nasty things to say about Cruz throughout the campaign and even the general election... he has not let up since.... there really is no other term to apply to what he thinks of Cruz... and BTW before Cruz we went thought two years of the same fixation and nasty comments from him re Sarah Palin.   

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »

I agree! But he persists! You don't see me continually pushing Democrat talking points!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:31:49 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34:52 pm »
Once again.............

trying to save the country and follow the constitution is not "opportunism"

You and a phone booth full of other people believe that.  The rest of the country blamed the GOP.

You can like that or not like it, but there it is.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:38 pm »
Fact is he has been "fixated" on Cruz from the day he got in the race for Senate. Sink wanted Dewhurst and had nothing but very nasty things to say about Cruz throughout the campaign and even the general election... he has not let up since.... there really is no other term to apply to what he thinks of Cruz... and BTW before Cruz we went thought two years of the same fixation and nasty comments from him re Sarah Palin.   

Sink is old guard republican establishment to the end. The only human beings I can think of that would be this way at this time would be Boehner himself.

Does Sink have a tan? No wait, Sink would never cry at the drop of the hat lol so he has to be a republican party player or live in republican campaign headquarters. lol
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »

So what?  You guys trash Cornyn incessantly, and McConnell, and Boehner.  I guess that's OK.

By the way, I'm not supporting Dewhurst for Lt. Gov.   My vote went to Jerry Patterson, the man who brought concealed-carry to Texas.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2014, 08:37:27 pm »
You and a phone booth full of other people believe that.  The rest of the country blamed the GOP.

I don't think the rest of the country gives a flip and polls clearly showed both parties received equal blame..... once again you are projecting your own issues off on Cruz.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2014, 08:38:37 pm »

:silly: :silly:

So who is it that Maxwell Smart Sink supports from his GOP phone booth?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:16 pm »
I don't think the rest of the country gives a flip and polls clearly showed both parties received equal blame..... once again you are projecting your own issues off on Cruz.

That is not true.  The Democrats got SOME blame, but most of it went to the Republicans.

More importantly, the shutdown wasted two weeks when the attention could have been focused on the botched rollout of the Obamacare.