Author Topic: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long  (Read 11577 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Ted Cruz isn't planning to be in the Senate very long
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2014, 08:43:43 pm »
That is not true.  The Democrats got SOME blame, but most of it went to the Republicans.

More importantly, the shutdown wasted two weeks when the attention could have been focused on the botched rollout of the Obamacare.

I see..... but it was perfectly okay for Boehner and Cantor to jump right in to push amnesty and take all the attention off Obamacare?   I guess since that was Boehner instead of Cruz then it is okay.  Where is Boehner on Obamacare?  he isn't doing squat to draw attention the disaster that is Obamacare...

And everyone took the blame for the shutdown... however.... I think when what you are doing is the right thing then you should be willing to take the incoming flak, Cruz was doing the right thing and I will walk through broken glass to support someone who is trying his level best to save this country.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:38 pm »
Sink is old guard republican establishment to the end. The only human beings I can think of that would be this way at this time would be Boehner himself.

Does Sink have a tan? No wait, Sink would never cry at the drop of the hat lol so he has to be a republican party player or live in republican campaign headquarters. lol

Dave Carney!

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/09/29/125658/meet-dave-carney-rick-perrys-karl.html

http://www.texasobserver.org/the-outsider/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:47:54 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:52 pm »
I see..... but it was perfectly okay for Boehner and Cantor to jump right in to push amnesty and take all the attention off Obamacare?   I guess since that was Boehner instead of Cruz then it is okay.  Where is Boehner on Obamacare?  he isn't doing squat to draw attention the disaster that is Obamacare...

And everyone took the blame for the shutdown... however.... I think when what you are doing is the right thing then you should be willing to take the incoming flak, Cruz was doing the right thing and I will walk through broken glass to support someone who is trying his level best to save this country.

Is amnesty still on the table?  Nobody's talking about amnesty any more.

Uh, John Boehner brought up over THIRTY repeal efforts against Obamacare.  He's been about as effective as Ted Cruz has been in overturning the law.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »
That is not true.  The Democrats got SOME blame, but most of it went to the Republicans.

More importantly, the shutdown wasted two weeks when the attention could have been focused on the botched rollout of the Obamacare.

Neutered dog disease sink.  They just don't get it.
And they can't tell us we're wrong anymore than we can tell them they're wrong.

I don't agree with you much, but on this one......

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2014, 08:47:28 pm »
Dave Carney!

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/09/29/125658/meet-dave-carney-rick-perrys-karl.html

Since Bigun seems to have delusions, let me assure everyone else that I am NOT Dave Carney.  I have, in fact, never donated to a single political candidate in my entire life, nor will I. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:01 pm »
Pathetic turn to the thread.  Frankly, I'm sick of it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:18 pm »

Most importantly America clearly remembers Obama getting caught saying he was going to make it hurt and inflict pain to play politics. He got busted red-handed putting his politics before country this time.

You're a fool if you didn't think the WWII vets did not ring home with Americans as showing Obama inflicting pain, inflicting the bully role onto his opponent at the cost of Americans enjoyments of visiting a memorial. The republicans were NOT the sole blame.

They were not called Barackcades for no reason.

The buck stopped with Obama whether you like to spin for the dems or not.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:52:27 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:21 pm »
Neutered dog disease sink.  They just don't get it.
And they can't tell us we're wrong anymore than we can tell them they're wrong.
Us v. them, is it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »
I agree! But he persists! You don't see me continually pushing Democrat talking points!

^ this is true regarding Sink.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline LambChop

« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2014, 09:19:51 pm »
Us v. them, is it?

Those who believe one way and those who believe another.

Yes, us vs. them.

The "us" and the "them" change with every topic, but it's there.  You can either accept that not everyone agrees with you on every topic, but has the same general POV or not.  But it's there and always will be.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2014, 09:26:44 pm »
Pathetic turn to the thread.  Frankly, I'm sick of it.

Aw....hang in there, Lando!   :beer:  We're all good!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2014, 10:03:49 pm »
The Cruz hate is amazing. You can just feel lol that the haters all cannot stand that they can't just call him stupid.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:10 pm »
The Cruz hate is amazing. You can just feel lol that the haters all cannot stand that they can't just call him stupid.

It could be argued that the Cruz love is borderline groupie.  So, you see... everyone has a viewpoint. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:32 pm »
Why do we have to engage in the typical liberal bullshit where disagreement or disapproval is labeled hatred?

If we don't behave differently, how can we claim to be better?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »
It could be argued that the Cruz love is borderline groupie.  So, you see... everyone has a viewpoint.

Dude puts his pants on one leg at a time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2014, 10:24:42 pm »
Dude puts his pants on one leg at a time.

So do I, and always in the same sequence:

1... 2... and 3
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2014, 10:27:23 pm »
 9999what

So do I, and always in the same sequence:

1... 2... and 3

:laughingdog:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2014, 10:28:11 pm »
Once again.............

OBAMA shut down the government...............

OBAMA shut down the government..........

It does not matter Rap what the reality is.  It has everything to do with who is controlling the narrative.  The prevailing narrative in the MSM is Cruz/Republicans shut down the government.  There is no doubt of that in my mind.  There is also no doubt that the timing was very favorable for Obama and his ACA.  Here is a parallel:  Was the Clinton/Lewinsky affair:

A.  All about sex, or
B: The Chief Executive of the United States lied under oath denying a U.S. citizen due process under the law.

You and I answer "B".  90%+ of all others would answer "A".
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2014, 10:34:48 pm »
It does not matter Rap what the reality is.  It has everything to do with who is controlling the narrative.  The prevailing narrative in the MSM is Cruz/Republicans shut down the government.  There is no doubt of that in my mind.  There is also no doubt that the timing was very favorable for Obama and his ACA.  Here is a parallel:  Was the Clinton/Lewinsky affair:

A.  All about sex, or
B: The Chief Executive of the United States lied under oath denying a U.S. citizen due process under the law.

So do we educate the 90% by going around spouting the party line or do we tell them the truth hoping it will sink in eventually?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »

A.  All about sex, or

And that is because too many are afraid to speak out and say it is B and A is insignificant in the scheme of things.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2014, 10:41:08 pm »
What party line?

I will tell you that I would check my tactics. 

Senator Cruz, with considerable respect due, had ill-conceived tactics and ill-conceived timing.  And in the failed attempt, it smacked as self-serving.

He ended up with answer "A".
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2014, 10:41:44 pm »

A.  All about sex, or

You know, it doesn't even matter if Cruz is in the picture or not - if Republicans aren't getting blamed for a government shutdown - they're getting blamed for a war on women or hating immigrants or hating fast food workers making minimum wage or hating gay people just wanting to get married or hating black people...I could go on and on.

The left always has to have a victim and a villain.  This is a winning strategy for them and with the help of the media it's pretty much a fait accompli.  In this instance, it has been wildly successful in (1) cutting Ted Cruz down at the knees (a figure they seem to be terrified of) and (2) scaring the cowardly Republicans into ever letting the government shut down again. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2014, 10:43:30 pm »
You know, it doesn't even matter if Cruz is in the picture or not - if Republicans aren't getting blamed for a government shutdown - they're getting blamed for a war on women or hating immigrants or hating fast food workers making minimum wage or hating gay people just wanting to get married or hating black people...I could go on and on.

The left always has to have a victim and a villain.  This is a winning strategy for them and with the help of the media it's pretty much a fait accompli.  In this instance, it has been wildly successful in (1) cutting Ted Cruz down at the knees (a figure they seem to be terrified of) and (2) scaring the cowardly Republicans into ever letting the government shut down again.

Correct and we have Republicans who because they dislike Cruz and Palin before him willing to go along with the paradigm the media sets for the party. 

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2014, 10:44:07 pm »

How can a wacko bird have groupies? Candy Crowley says he is Julie Andrews nuts

You cannot call me a groupie because I like anybody for small government and Taxed Enough Already.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:59 pm »
What party line?

I will tell you that I would check my tactics. 

Senator Cruz, with considerable respect due, had ill-conceived tactics and ill-conceived timing.  And in the failed attempt, it smacked as self-serving.

He ended up with answer "A".

Are you confusing Ted with Rand? Rand called out the Clinton's war on women and good for him.