Author Topic: Are you a normal person, or are you wearing a mask reducing your O2 levels  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Are you a normal person, or are you wearing a mask reducing your O2 levels
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2020, 06:02:35 pm »
When I go for a walk, I've never taken a mask. But I'm walking my dogs. And when someone is heading towards us, I cross the street first to have plenty of distance between us. It's not crowded at all where I walk.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2020, 06:06:23 pm »
And I linked some articles, that another person can easily link more articles to dispute as the deep state is destroying people who disagree with their mandates. Internet links are not fact just because they exist, not sure if people know this. Take climate change, there are tens of millions for each belief, so no link really matters.

We have no problem with posting unsourced articles in "General Discussion," but the need for links and excerpts in the News/Opinion Categories is non-negotiable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2020, 06:11:22 pm »
That ain't a gaiter. That's a belaclava. Gaiters go on your legs below the knees, and tie to your boots.

Technically that is totally true.  The less improper term for those things that cover the face and neck is "Neck Gaiters." 

When I did a DDG search on "Gaiters" I got exactly what you say they are:  Below the knees and down to the boot.  I assume they are for keeping snow off your pant cuffs?  I would have given my right nut for a set of those when I was a kid, because I hated that the bottom of my pant legs were always wet and cold.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:12:42 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »
Depends on your activity level, I deadlift 400lbs and do 50 to 100 mile bike rides.  Oxygen is fundamental so do not waste it

That used to be me... Back in the good ol days. Not the bike thing, but similar.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2020, 06:17:32 pm »
Technically that is totally true.  The less improper term for those things that cover the face and neck is "Neck Gaiters." 

When I did a DDG search on "Gaiters" I got exactly what you say they are:  Below the knees and down to the boot.  I assume they are for keeping snow off your pant cuffs?  I would have given my right nut for a set of those when I was a kid, because I hated that the bottom of my pant legs were always wet and cold.

I always thought they were for snakes. And they works good for cactus and Spanish daggers.

Offline Blutarsky

• Please help trapped under Area 51
    • The vaccine is ready for the gullible drones
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 06:17:46 pm »
We have no problem with posting unsourced articles in "General Discussion," but the need for links and excerpts in the News/Opinion Categories is non-negotiable.
So you have no problem with a link that proves that aliens are living among us, because I could post 10,000 or so of these links
Trust no one.....................

Offline Blutarsky

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2020, 06:19:00 pm »
That used to be me... Back in the good ol days. Not the bike thing, but similar.

Try supplementing with Natrol DHEA, and make the good old days now.

Never surrender

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2020, 06:19:09 pm »
So you have no problem with a link that proves that aliens are living among us, because I could post 10,000 or so of these links

LMAO..please don't
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2020, 06:20:22 pm »

LOL! That's just dumb. Not you... The idea. That's a belaclava or a head-sock.

Well yeah... that is their primary function I suppose. But they are worn year around in the woods. Excellent against bramble, but mostly they are for ticks in the summer... Spray your boots and gaiters down with pyrethrum and you'll not get much for ticks.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2020, 06:22:44 pm »
LOL! That's just dumb. Not you... The idea. That's a belaclava or a head-sock.

Well yeah... that is their primary function I suppose. But they are worn year around in the woods. Excellent against bramble, but mostly they are for ticks in the summer... Spray your boots and gaiters down with pyrethrum and you'll not get much for ticks.

Well we could all wear babushkas ....
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2020, 06:26:16 pm »

Believe it or not, I know what a babushka is...  A head scarf sported by old women... A greek family I know back east used to call their grandmother 'Babushka'... I don't know whether that was an affectionate nickname or if it had some cultural significance.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2020, 06:27:52 pm »
Try supplementing with Natrol DHEA, and make the good old days now.

Never surrender

Not that easy in my case, but yeah - I agree with the sentiment.  :beer:

Offline Blutarsky

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2020, 06:28:30 pm »
LMAO..please don't

But if I did it would pretty much disprove that links are meaningful though.  Wouldn't it

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2020, 06:28:33 pm »

Hello dollink..., Fearless Leader say Boris hunt for moose an skwerl now! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2020, 06:31:12 pm »
Believe it or not, I know what a babushka is...  A head scarf sported by old women... A greek family I know back east used to call their grandmother 'Babushka'... I don't know whether that was an affectionate nickname or if it had some cultural significance.  :shrug:

My father was 100% Croation and my mother 100% Slovak and the term was used in conversation ... from what I gathered it wasn't used as a term of endearment.  I think it was used as a term to mean someone who had no sense of style in the way that they dressed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2020, 06:34:49 pm »
What's the Russian word for grandmother? Here's a list of translations.

Russian Translation
Copy
бабушка

babushka

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/russian-word-for-ea39210a09e76cf4c5095371c43c8890f92cfab1.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:35:54 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2020, 06:35:54 pm »
My father was 100% Croation and my mother 100% Slovak and the term was used in conversation ... from what I gathered it wasn't used as a term of endearment.  I think it was used as a term to mean someone who had no sense of style in the way that they dressed.

LOL! Well I wonder... Maybe I am crossing words up... Or maybe the Greeks just use it different... Or like I said, just a term of endearment in that family...  I dunno. That was my primary exposure to the term other than as a head scarf

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2020, 06:36:52 pm »
What's the Russian word for grandmother? Here's a list of translations.

Russian Translation
Copy
бабушка

babushka

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/russian-word-for-ea39210a09e76cf4c5095371c43c8890f92cfab1.html

Thanks for that.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2020, 06:38:35 pm »
LOL! Well I wonder... Maybe I am crossing words up... Or maybe the Greeks just use it different... Or like I said, just a term of endearment in that family...  I dunno. That was my primary exposure to the term other than as a head scarf

Yes ... the term means headscarf ..... but also .... for instance...."the way she's dressed...she looks like she should be wearing a babushka .... or "your hat looks like your wearing a babushka".....

It was said in fun ... not to actually ridicule ... and we were taught never to speak ill of one another and to be respectful of others.  We were also taught to be neighborly and one's integrity meant everything. A handshake was as good as a written contract.

Things certainly have changed in this world.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:42:09 pm by libertybele »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2020, 06:39:41 pm »

No problem at all, as long as you post those things in the Alternate Realities Category.  Anywhere else and it will get moved there.... 22chief
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2020, 06:40:58 pm »
LMAO..please don't

888high58888

But, IIRC, we put that Category up for that....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2020, 06:45:30 pm »
But if I did it would pretty much disprove that links are meaningful though.  Wouldn't it

Well, I'd be lying if I said all sources are equal.  After all, we post from Gateway Pundit frequently, and CNN as well.  Mostly to mock the left.

YMMV.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2020, 10:39:24 pm »
50 to 100 miles was nothing, but I let the motor do the work....

On pedal-ly bikes, I'd do 15-20 back in college almost every day, because that was my main means of transport until I scratched together a vehicle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Blutarsky

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2020, 10:47:06 pm »
50 to 100 miles was nothing, but I let the motor do the work....

Fifty miles was just a fair walk into the back country for me... 12 to 15 miles a day for a week or 10 days was fairly common for me back then... with 30 to 50 pounds on my back.

On pedal-ly bikes, I'd do 15-20 back in college almost every day, because that was my main means of transport until I scratched together a vehicle.

I have thought of using a bicycle as a means toward recovery... I only did one long haul on a bike, and that was from here (Kalispell) over to Bozeman, and that was a pretty good time. Though pedaling your ass down freeways ain't a peaceable thing... You wind up pretty jangled at night. But it was a pretty good time all the same - Evenings were great - Just pick a likely creek and walk off away from the highway a quarter mile or so and make a camp.

I thought maybe to give that a go again.