Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79183 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #500 on: February 16, 2020, 07:13:52 pm »
@bigheadfred @libertybele
Coronavirus may have actually started in secret Wuhan lab just 280m from wet market

A journal highlighted the close link of bats and the coronavirus-like pathogens after researchers were attacked by bats in secret labs just a stone's throw away from the notorious wet market in Wuhan where it has been thought up to now the virus originated
ByTiffany Lo
    02:34, 16 FEB 2020

The spread of the deadly coronavirus could be linked to a secret laboratory where researchers have been attacked by bats, Chinese virus experts claim.

While the Chinese government said the outbreak started inside a wet market in Wuhan, scientists from South China University of Technology in Guangzhou said the possible origin of the virus could be from Wuhan Center for Disease Control (WCDC).

Scholars Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao published a research journal titled 'The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus' on Research Gate, where they claimed WCDC 'hosted animals in laboratories for research purposes', including 605 bats captured in the Hubei and Zhejiang provinces.

The report mentioned one researcher, known as JH Tian, 'was once attacked by bats' and that 'the blood of bat was on his skin'. ...
More at Mirror (U.K.)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #502 on: February 16, 2020, 07:39:04 pm »
This sounds very likely.

Hmmmm...

He "self quarantined" for 28 days? In his house? What happened after the 28 days?

He had blood of bat in him? Or it peed on him?

It mentions these bats are carriers. He is handling them in this type of facility without protective gear?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #503 on: February 16, 2020, 08:08:21 pm »
Reposting this link from page 8. From John Hopkins

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

If you do the math on the reported death toll compared to the reported cases recovered mortality is running at (16.93)  17%.

Which is what was reported here (posted by @rangerrebew):

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,391093.0.html

Those Johns Hopkins numbers are interesting (**if** they are accurate). 

Such a big contrast between Hubei and the other areas.  Hubei has had 5666 patients recover and 1896 deaths. For every three patients that recover there is one who dies. The other areas have had hundreds recover and only a handful of deaths.  Take Hunan, for instance.  464 recoveries but only 3 deaths.  Hubei is overwhelmed, but the other areas where the infection has spread seem to be doing a much better job at addressing the situation.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2020, 08:17:33 pm »

Such a big contrast between Hubei and the other areas.  Hubei has had 5666 patients recover and 1896 deaths. For every three patients that recover there is one who dies. The other areas have had hundreds recover and only a handful of deaths.  Take Hunan, for instance.  464 recoveries but only 3 deaths.  Hubei is overwhelmed, but the other areas where the infection has spread seem to be doing a much better job at addressing the situation.

I think all the numbers are inaccurate. Can't prove it. I simply don't trust the CCP to tell the truth.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2020, 08:37:49 pm »
Found this story. Gives a clearer picture than the Mirror article. @mountaineer @libertybele

Coronavirus bombshell: ‘REAL cause’ of outbreak claim - Chinese scientists break cover

BOMBSHELL

The expert who studied the collection of bats at the laboratory had described how he was once “attacked by bats and the blood of a bat shot onto his skin”.

The paper added: “He knew the extreme danger of the infection so he quarantined himself for fourteen days.

“In another accident, he quarantined himself again because bats urinated on him.”

~snip~

It is alleged in the findings the principal investigator from that laboratory had been developing a project which generated a chimeric virus using the SARS-CoV in a technique of genetic engineering called the reverse genetics method.

The paper speculates ARS-CoV or its genetically modified derivative might have leaked from the laboratory.

The scientists said: “In summary, somebody was entangled with the evolution of 2019-nCoV coronavirus.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #506 on: February 17, 2020, 11:49:43 pm »

Thanks for your post. I looked at the website just now. It looked hinky in the numbers. I was trying to remember the death/recovery amount. It looked to me like the total death count hadn't changed, but the number recovered had jumped several thousand. And then I reread your post.

According to your post the number of deaths in Hubei was 1896 deaths. The number of total deaths is now at 1868. Looks like 28 dead people got better.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #507 on: February 18, 2020, 12:09:40 pm »
Thanks for your post. I looked at the website just now. It looked hinky in the numbers. I was trying to remember the death/recovery amount. It looked to me like the total death count hadn't changed, but the number recovered had jumped several thousand. And then I reread your post.

According to your post the number of deaths in Hubei was 1896 deaths. The number of total deaths is now at 1868. Looks like 28 dead people got better.

@bigheadfred
You said “looks like 28 dead people got better”

Which reminds me of an old Monty Python sketch

Man 1: “Bring out your dead”
Man 2: “I’m not dead yet”
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #508 on: February 18, 2020, 12:40:16 pm »
@bigheadfred
You said “looks like 28 dead people got better”

Which reminds me of an old Monty Python sketch

Man 1: “Bring out your dead”
Man 2: “I’m not dead yet”

I saw a report that Viet Nam has put a village of 10,000 people under quarantine with 6 new cases there. The first 'city' outside of China to be put under quarantine. Worried? I think people are worried.

Online libertybele

« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2020, 12:50:35 pm »
I saw a report that Viet Nam has put a village of 10,000 people under quarantine with 6 new cases there. The first 'city' outside of China to be put under quarantine. Worried? I think people are worried.

People should be very worried and start preparing now, not later.  The virus has now infected 71,000 and those are just the cases reported and confirmed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #510 on: February 18, 2020, 01:09:12 pm »
People should be very worried and start preparing now, not later.  The virus has now infected 71,000 and those are just the cases reported and confirmed.

There seems to be a lack of reporting around the world and a lack of concern by governments. Either there is no need to worry or they are waiting for the storm to break. Since there are now cases around the world that didn't originate directly from China this can be called a pandemic.

Online libertybele

« Reply #511 on: February 18, 2020, 01:09:32 pm »
It is unknown how long the virus can survive on surfaces.  WHO is saying a few hours or more.  Few hours?  I declare b.s.  The common cold virus can last up to 7 days and the common flu virus can last up to 24 hours.  IF it only lasts a couple of hours on surfaces, then why are they holding the money after its been 'laundered' for 14 days?

The WHO and the CDC by downplaying this virus is going to kill more people than its going to help.

China Begins Disinfecting Cash in an Attempt to Contain Coronavirus

China is now cracking down on dirty money as it works to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

On Friday, the Chinese government announced in a press release that banks can only release money back into the public after undergoing a disinfectant treatment intended to eliminate the coronavirus.

The initiative specifies that cash withdrawn from hospitals and other high-risk areas be “specially treated and sealed separately.” Treatment may include high temperatures or an ultraviolet light to disinfect the currency, which must then be stored for no less than 14 days before going back on the market.

According to the World Health Organization, it is unknown how long the coronavirus can survive on surfaces, though “preliminary information suggests the virus may survive a few hours or more.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/china-begins-disinfecting-cash-attempt-203232682.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:10:51 pm by libertybele »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #512 on: February 18, 2020, 01:12:19 pm »
@libertybele

I saw another report that a girl came down with it hard after a 14 day quarantine. Day 15.

Offline thackney

« Reply #513 on: February 18, 2020, 01:41:35 pm »
It is unknown how long the virus can survive on surfaces.  WHO is saying a few hours or more.  Few hours?  I declare b.s.  The common cold virus can last up to 7 days and the common flu virus can last up to 24 hours.  IF it only lasts a couple of hours on surfaces, then why are they holding the money after its been 'laundered' for 14 days? ...

...The analysis of 22 studies reveals that human coronaviruses such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) coronavirus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus or endemic human coronaviruses (HCoV) can persist on inanimate surfaces like metal, glass or plastic for up to 9 days, but can be efficiently inactivated by surface disinfection procedures with 62-71% ethanol, 0.5% hydrogen peroxide or 0.1% sodium hypochlorite within 1 minute....

https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online libertybele

« Reply #514 on: February 18, 2020, 03:22:29 pm »
@libertybele

I saw another report that a girl came down with it hard after a 14 day quarantine. Day 15.

@bigheadfred that definitely is concerning.  How IF this virus is similar to the Hep C virus where it can lie dormant in some people for years? 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 03:24:03 pm by libertybele »

Offline thackney

« Reply #515 on: February 18, 2020, 03:55:47 pm »
Coronavirus Live Updates: Over 150 Million Chinese Are Under Coronavirus Lockdown
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html
More than 10 percent of the country’s population faces restrictions on how often they can leave their homes.

Here’s what you need to know:
Half of China’s population is facing new travel restrictions.
Japan announced 88 more cruise ship cases.
The new virus is deadlier than the one that causes the flu.
The director of a hospital in Wuhan has died from the virus.
HSBC will cut 35,000 jobs amid virus and protests.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #516 on: February 18, 2020, 08:50:23 pm »
A Dean Koontz book from 1981 predicted coronavirus in bizarre coincidence

Author Dean Koontz eerily predicted the coronavirus outbreak in his 1981 thriller "The Eyes of Darkness."

The fictional novel tells the story of a Chinese military lab that creates a new virus to potentially use as a biological weapon during wartime. The lab is ironically located in Wuhan, China and the made-up virus is called Wuhan-400.

In the novel, the virus is called the "perfect weapon" because it only affects humans. It also cannot survive outside the human body for more than a minute and does not require an expensive decontamination process once it spreads through a population and those who contract it.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dean-koontz-book-predicted-coronavirus

The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2020, 09:29:20 pm »
Interesting. Koontz's novels have a lot of things we once might have thought fantastic, now they make me wonder whether they're already here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2020, 10:39:38 pm »
My daughter's university, which has students from (and stuck in) all over the world looks to be ready to start the semester via online classes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2020, 10:43:38 pm »
My daughter's university, which has students from (and stuck in) all over the world looks to be ready to start the semester via online classes.

Does that work for her?  I think she was most fortunate to have been state-side when the crisis hit...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #520 on: February 18, 2020, 10:45:55 pm »
Coronavirus 20 times more lethal than the flu? Death toll approaches 2,000

The director of a Chinese hospital at the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak became one of its victims Tuesday despite "all-out" efforts to save his life, Chinese health officials said.

The death came the same day Chinese officials released data indicating the new virus could be 20 times more lethal than the flu.

Liu Zhiming, president of Wuhan Wuchang Hospital in Hubei province, died of coronavirus-related pneumonia, China Daily reported. The hospital, one of the seven designated for the epidemic in Wuhan, treated thousands of people a day.

Liu, 51, was a leading figure in neurosurgery, the newspaper said. The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission said Liu made “important contributions in the work of fighting and controlling” the virus, known as COVID-19..............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-hospital-director-dies-coronavirus-143132063.html

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #521 on: February 18, 2020, 11:55:43 pm »
@bigheadfred that definitely is concerning.  How IF this virus is similar to the Hep C virus where it can lie dormant in some people for years?

I don't know about dormancy, but this doesn't look good. This is two weeks old and maybe already posted.

‘Striking’ coronavirus mutations found within one family cluster, Chinese scientists say

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3048772/striking-coronavirus-mutations-found-within-one-family-cluster

Viruses mutate all the time, but most changes are synonymous or “silent”, having little effect on the way the virus behaves. Others, known as nonsynonymous substitutions, can alter biological traits, allowing them to adapt to different environments.

Two nonsynonymous changes took place in the viral strains isolated from the family, according to a new study by Professor Cui Jie and colleagues at the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai.

~snip~

Cui’s team also detected a total of 17 nonsynonymous mutations from cases around the country between December 30 and late January, they wrote.

More at link.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #522 on: February 19, 2020, 12:28:59 am »
Does that work for her?  I think she was most fortunate to have been state-side when the crisis hit...

The textbook she would be using is in China, but if it can be made available in pdf, it'll probably work.

She was very fortunate in leaving right after her semester ended, before the virus started circulating much beyond Wuhan. She took a regional flight from Xining to Xian (a province away from Wuhan), and then Xian to LAX.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

« Reply #523 on: February 19, 2020, 02:43:07 pm »
Listening to Glenn Beck -- on coronavirus. They had researcher go over to China and records were sketchy, however they spoke to a crematory  and others and by the stats, there are appx. 350,000 infected and by the stats it is estimated that 40% of the worlds population may die from this virus = 65,000,000.  I though perhaps I had heard incorrectly, but he repeated the information.  This virus may be stalled during the summer months; however, it is a type of a flu virus and will return much like the flu viruses we fight every year.

He has a special tonight on the coronavirus on Blaze TV @ 9:00.  I'm thinking of subscribing as it touches on what governments are doing in relationship to the virus.

Online libertybele

« Reply #524 on: February 19, 2020, 02:59:38 pm »
When will the coronavirus outbreak peak?
Officials want to know but predictions vary wildly, from now to after hundreds of millions of people are infected.

.............So far, more than 70,000 people have been confirmed to have the disease, now known as COVID-19, in China. But many scientists assume that the number of cases is higher than is being reported. They suspect that China has too few diagnostic tests and health-care workers to confirm all cases. Some scientists also wonder whether Zhong is just trying to reassure people, given the outbreak’s impact on the economy and society...........

....... People in most Chinese cities started returning to work last week after an extended public-holiday period — opening up the possibility of new chains of transmission, says Hiroshi Nishiura, an epidemiologist at Hokkaido University in Sapporo, Japan.

Nishiura says he has used a model that estimates that the outbreak will peak sometime between late March and late May. At this point, he says, up to 2.3 million cases will be diagnosed in a single day. In total, he estimates that between 550 million and 650 million people across China will be infected, roughly 40% of the country’s population. Nishiura says that about half of those people will show symptoms...........

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00361-5