Author Topic: Sasse on Syria withdrawal: ‘American allies will be slaughtered’  (Read 3631 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good for defense industries?

:shrug:

Not a good enough reason for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Sorry but Russia has been acting like an a**..  Ask Ukraine. They stole land from them. Russia is allied with Iran.

So why tell me again why we should appease Russia? Comrade?

We should do what is best for us regardless of what Russia thinks or wants. If something that's good for us happens to please Russia I really don't care. Also Russia didn't need to use ongoing force in Crimea. Do you know why? It's because almost everybody in Crimea identifies as Russian and wanted to rejoin Russia. Years later they are very happy to be part of Russia rather than Ukraine. The only one with an issue is the Ukrainian government.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:26:07 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We should do what is best for us regardless of what Russia thinks or wants. If something that's good for us happens to please Russia I really don't care. Also Russia didn't need to use ongoing force in Crimea. Do you know why? It's because almost everybody in Crimea identifies as Russian and wanted to rejoin Russia. Years later they are very happy to be part of Russia rather than Ukraine. The only one with an issue is the Ukrainian government.

Have you ever wondered why it is the people in Crimea identify as Russians?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

Have you ever wondered why it is the people in Crimea identify as Russians?

Because it was part of Russia during the time of the USSR. I'm not going to say Putin was completely justified because he wasn't, but I really don't see it as a huge deal like many people do. The people there are happy and there was very little violence involved. I don't think Russia is going to start conquering Europe.
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

That's a little too cartoonish for me.

I’ve treated hundreds of former citizens of Soviet Union in my practice. Great people. They love their adopted home America and the promise of freedom here. But many have expressed to me their dismay at the growing influence of the Left in our politics. They thought they were leaving that behind.

Online kevindavis007

Wow, someone who loves Russia.. Any American who likes Russia is a traitor.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because it was part of Russia during the time of the USSR. I'm not going to say Putin was completely justified because he wasn't, but I really don't see it as a huge deal like many people do. The people there are happy and there was very little violence involved. I don't think Russia is going to start conquering Europe.

Close but no cigar.  Crimea has a very large population of ethnic Russians because the USSR imported a massive number of Russians into Ukraine by force, displacing the native Crimean.  For some odd reason the native Ukraine people objected to this forced change in demographics.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lots of Tatars there in Crimea. I think this argument which has been made many times, is if one says, Crimea use to be part of Russia, it was part of Turkey as well at one time.

Offline Dexter

Close but no cigar.  Crimea has a very large population of ethnic Russians because the USSR imported a massive number of Russians into Ukraine by force, displacing the native Crimean.  For some odd reason the native Ukraine people objected to this forced change in demographics.

Well it is what it is now. The population living in that region identifies as Russian, and there isn't a realistic way to undo it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:53:06 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Whatever.

I know who I am. You go ahead and think whatever you want.
-Socrates

Offline Hoodat

Because it was part of Russia during the time of the USSR.

The Soviet Union made Crimea part of Ukraine.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Dexter

The Soviet Union made Crimea part of Ukraine.

Crimea was part of Russia until around that time period. I could have worded it better.
-Socrates

Offline TomSea

Yes, it all could change, Russia has plenty of opposition that would allow truly free elections in Crimea. Not that farce of one that was held. I'd double check also, a lot of the figures given out saying most in Crimea are Russian. A lot of times, these figures don't actually pan out. Russia could change and furthermore, Russia itself may struggle greatly per demographics.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, it all could change, Russia has plenty of opposition that would allow truly free elections in Crimea. Not that farce of one that was held. I'd double check also, a lot of the figures given out saying most in Crimea are Russian. A lot of times, these figures don't actually pan out. Russia could change and furthermore, Russia itself may struggle greatly per demographics.

The Soviets did the same thing to Lithuania.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What are we doing in Syria?  Anyone know?

How much $$$ was spent by the USA for operations in Syria over the past 12 months?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

How much $$$ was spent by the USA for operations in Syria over the past 12 months?   :shrug:

Over $1 trillion less than what Trump spent in excess of existing revenues.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

What are we doing in Syria?  Anyone know?

Ever hear of ISIS?

Also, no doubt, a lot of fighters and terrorists who killed Americans, came out of Syria.  Bush admin even considered invading Syria and Syria straightened up.

US Judge Rules Assad Helped Al-Qaeda Kill Americans
https://clarionproject.org/us-judge-rules-assad-helped-al-qaeda-kill-americans/

This all, if we withdraw, also can help enable Iran to really be on Israel's doorstep. So, it is a situation to watch.

Offline TomSea

Over $1 trillion less than what Trump spent in excess of existing revenues.

Oh, beautiful, get your punches in on Trump.  **nononono*

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This all, if we withdraw, also can help enable Iran to really be on Israel's doorstep. So, it is a situation to watch.

That train left the station when Iran effectively annexed Lebanon and Syria decades ago.  They already are on Israel's doorstep.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Oh, beautiful, get your punches in on Trump.  **nononono*

Nice.  So when someone defends Trump's sudden move in Syria by making it a cost issue, no one is allowed to counter that?  Didn't realize I was in the Trump Safe Space.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement saying that withdrawal of US troops from Syria will not affect Israel’s ability to secure its citizens.

Offline Hoodat

Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement saying that withdrawal of US troops from Syria will not affect Israel’s ability to secure its citizens.

Duh, what else can he say?  Should he announce to the world how weak and defenseless Israel will be if America withdraws?  Heck, we could sign a military alliance with Hamas, and Netahyahu would still say that Israel's ability to secure its citizens would not be affected.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nice.  So when someone defends Trump's sudden move in Syria by making it a cost issue, no one is allowed to counter that?  Didn't realize I was in the Trump Safe Space.

No safe spaces...just wondering how many feet of fence could be installed with the same amount of cash.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

That train left the station when Iran effectively annexed Lebanon and Syria decades ago.  They already are on Israel's doorstep.

The train may have left the station as you say but this is a clear concern of Netanyahu and Israel currently.  Hezbollah has been in Beirut, Iranian proxies so this is somewhat obvious. Israel has not carried out numerous strikes in Syria for nothing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-israel-idUSKCN1OJ1BS

No safe spaces...just wondering how many feet of fence could be installed with the same amount of cash.

I'm not saying this in particular to be critical of Obama but how much was the Iran deal worth? And how much did Iran receive?  I think the number is something like $150 billion. I said this earlier, but I think that amount easily would pay for a few walls. This really is not relevant to the conversation in anyway except in showing the kinds of amounts of money that are out there. Are they saying the wall could be paid for with 4.5 billion? Or is it 12 billion now? Anyway, just adding that in.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

It always makes me laugh when F Trumpers say the very Trumpian things that sound like Trump but are so very egregious and dictatorish.
The Republic is lost.