Author Topic: Sasse on Syria withdrawal: ‘American allies will be slaughtered’  (Read 3637 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
So, we are against so-called Iranian aggression but make a move likely to give them more reach in the ME... I'm not especially critical of this, Iran does do great wrongs but they are hardly the terrorists that commit attacks on the West, lone wolf attacks, targeting Christians and other ethnic groups as the Salafists and Takfiris have done.

This morning, Trump said "Well, we can't be the Middle East's policeman", so we will see how this develops.

Levin, Rubio, Sasse, Graham, I think they are all correct in being critics. We have men in Syria but it numbers seemingly, around 2000.

This is probably done to avoid problems with Turkey mainly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:38:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, we are against so-called Iranian aggression but make a move likely to give them more reach in the ME... I'm not especially critical of this, Iran does do great wrongs but they are hardly the terrorists that commit attacks on the West, lone wolf attacks, targeting Christians and other ethnic groups as the Salafists and Takfiris have done.

The Iranians are responsible for a lot of our soldiers' deaths and dismemberments via IED in Iraq and other places....

I put the Iranians squarely in the "terrorist" group."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

No safe spaces...just wondering how many feet of fence could be installed with the same amount of cash.

If spending is at the same level it was when Obama was in office, then you are looking at around $4 billion annually.  However, this money will be spent by DoD regardless of whether or not troops are in Syria.  And it will be spent solely because the President - any President - refuses to exercise his Constitutional authority to not spend the money Congress appropriates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Iranians are responsible for a lot of our soldiers' deaths and dismemberments via IED in Iraq and other places....

I put the Iranians squarely in the "terrorist" group."

That is all true; still, it is there backyard. I won't go into it because I don't believe in denigrating the USA or our friends but we are called things like that as well. 

I am not meaning to be "combative", I'd believe one would say the same thing about Moqtada al Sadr who now runs Iraq and the US actually has somewhat amiable relations with him. You know a lot on all of this. You should contribute more to the world news forum. 

Al Sadr, who could ever imagine we'd have cordial relations with him, I thought he was on the cover of the news weeklies, declaring war on America and getting his followers out to attack us but voila, here we are. A Shia as well.

Of course, we know, General Soleimani and Iran have killed many Americans and Coalition soldiers.

Terrorists Cleaned Out Of Muslim Countries Thanks To Gen. Soleimani
Agency Report
2018-11-07
Inverness locals are leaving jackets on lamp posts for homeless…
DR Congo elections postponed

According to the IRGC official website, General Mohammad Ali Jafari made the remarks on Tuesday in reaction to the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s offensive remarks about the commander of the elite Quds Force of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard General Ghasem Soleimani.

The IRGC commander hit back at Pompeo’s remarks, saying “Mr. Pompeo, if you do not care much about your own reputation, at least do not tarnish your country’s reputation.”

Jafari further condemned the US secretary of state‘s remarks as ‘ridiculous’ and made out of ‘desperation.’

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other/terrorists-cleaned-out-of-muslim-countries-thanks-to-gen-soleimani/ar-BBPqxar

I don't sugarcoat anything, Iran, aided the bombing of the Marine barracks going back to '83, attacks on Israel per proxies including the attack on a Jewish center in Argentina, unacceptable.

Iran really is though, somewhat surrounded by hostile powers, I'm no expert but they need to look after themselves as well.

Shias were not the hijackers on 911, they did not suicide bomb Manchester England, they are not responsible for heinous attacks in France, Germany and Belgium and this latest episode of these poor Scandinavian women in Morocco, they are not the ones bombing churches in Egypt nor are the ones wanting to hang Asia Bibi for blasphemy in Pakistan.

Offline Frank Cannon

The fact that Russia likes this, is a good enough reason for me to hate it was well.

As you sit there in a house full of Chinese shit. The Chinamen are attacking us economically on a daily basis by manipulating currency, hacking our defenses and openly stealing our technology. They are actively working on building war ships to attack us militarily in the South China Sea. You go ahead shaking your fist at a MSM generated Boogy Man like Russia. In between angry fits you better brush up on your Mandarin. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
Sasse on Syria withdrawal: ‘American allies will be slaughtered’

The only "allies" we (of The West) have in the Middle East are the Israelis.

All the rest of them -- ALL of them -- are muslims and can neither be trusted nor relied upon.*

Let them fight it out amongst themselves, muslim v. muslim. They've been doing that for the last 1,400 years, anyway.

Addendum:
* I will make an exception for the Christians who are trapped there. Our efforts insofar as they are concerned, should be to help them GET OUT of the Middle East, similar to how aid was offered to Jews to get out of Europe in the face of the Nazi onslaught...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:49:31 pm by Fishrrman »