Author Topic: Sasse on Syria withdrawal: ‘American allies will be slaughtered’  (Read 3630 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sasse on Syria withdrawal: ‘American allies will be slaughtered’
BY TAL AXELROD - 12/19/18 04:09 PM EST

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Wednesday slammed the White House’s planned withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, saying the move puts U.S. allies at risk.

"Eight days ago the Administration called a hypothetical pullout ‘reckless.’ Today, we're leaving. The President's generals have no idea where this weak decision came from: They believe the high-fiving winners today are Iran, ISIS, and Hezbollah. The losers are Israel, humanitarian victims, and U.S. intelligence gathering," Sasse said in a statement, referring to terror group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

"A lot of American allies will be slaughtered if this retreat is implemented."

Read more at: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422144-sasse-on-syria-withdrawal-american-allies-will-be-slaughtered

Offline kevindavis007

Plus Putin loves it. Bad idea...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What are we doing in Syria?  Anyone know?

Offline Applewood

Trump is just as bad as Obama when it comes to foreign relations.  Both screw our allies and friends and cozy up to our enemies.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:56:25 pm by Applewood »

Offline Frank Cannon

Ben Sasse is a generally stupid person. We have no business in Syria. Syrians like Assad because he protected the Syrian Christian population. We have real tangible threats from China going on as we speak. Where is this limp dick loud mouth Sasse on that? Oh yeah. He just pops his head out of his mole hole when he can ding the President. Can't wait till Ben is thrown out of office next cycle because his own state hates him.

Offline kevindavis007

Still fighting ISIS and helping our Allies THE KURDS!

Offline musiclady

Trump is just as bad as Obama when it comes to foreign relations.  Both screw our allies and friends and cozy up to our enemies.

Neither of them knows one blasted thing about foreign policy.  And both were too intellectually lazy to study.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

Still fighting ISIS and helping our Allies THE KURDS!

The Kurds can go back to Iraq since we have that all straightened out. We have no business in Syria. Destabilizing Assad started a whole new mess with the indigenous Christians. How many more places are be going to destabilize and create future problems?

Offline Frank Cannon

Neither of them knows one blasted thing about foreign policy.  And both were too intellectually lazy to study.

Yeah, because The Bushes really set us up for success in Iraq. That mess has only been going on now for almost 30 years straight.

Offline skeeter

Ben Sasse is a generally stupid person. We have no business in Syria. Syrians like Assad because he protected the Syrian Christian population. We have real tangible threats from China going on as we speak. Where is this limp dick loud mouth Sasse on that? Oh yeah. He just pops his head out of his mole hole when he can ding the President. Can't wait till Ben is thrown out of office next cycle because his own state hates him.

We first directly militarily intervened in Syria in April 2017 -  a year and a half ago.

To hear the pundits talk now you'd think we were pulling out of western Europe or the Korean peninsula. Of course its a Trump decision, so par for the course.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:10:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

We first directly militarily intervened in Syria in April 2017 -  a year and a half ago.

To hear the pundits talk now you'd think we were pulling out of western Europe or the Korean peninsula. Of course its a Trump decision, so par for the course.

All you need to know about why we are there is that people like John McCain got a hard on for Assad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

To get our soldiers shot at?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

The fact that Russia likes this, is a good enough reason for me to hate it was well.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Yep.

I don't know what will happen if we leave other than less American deaths and less wasted treasure. It's not our responsibility to participate in endless futile conflicts. No more sacrificing our brave young people.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

The fact that Russia likes this, is a good enough reason for me to hate it was well.

Maybe if people would stop assuming Russia in 2018 is basically as bad as Nazi Germany they wouldn't be so sore at us.
-Socrates

Offline kevindavis007

Maybe if people would stop assuming Russia in 2018 is basically as bad as Nazi Germany they wouldn't be so sore at us.

Biite me Comrade!!

Offline skeeter

But a lousy reason to risk some American mother's son's life.

Besides Russia has an economy the size of Texas's. China is who we should be worried about.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:59:34 pm by skeeter »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Plus Putin loves it. Bad idea...

I'm not sure we want to base our foreign policy on what Putin does or doesn't want.
The Republic is lost.

Offline kevindavis007

I'm not sure we want to base our foreign policy on what Putin does or doesn't want.

He is a KGB Thug Why should we trust him?

Offline kevindavis007

But a lousy reason to risk some American mother's son's life.

Besides Russia has an economy the size of Texas's. China is who we should be worried about.

Sorry Russia is still evil in my book.

Offline Dexter

He is a KGB Thug Why should we trust him?

Not trusting him is different than intentionally doing the opposite of everything that he wants. I think the point was that we should base our decisions on what is ideal for us rather than on what would piss off the Russians.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:08:13 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

Good for defense industries?

Offline kevindavis007

Not trusting him is different than intentionally doing the opposite of everything that he wants. I think the point was that we should base our decisions on what is ideal for us rather than on what would piss off the Russians.

Sorry but Russia has been acting like an a**..  Ask Ukraine. They stole land from them. Russia is allied with Iran.

So why tell me again why we should appease Russia? Comrade?

Online Hoodat

Yeah, because The Bushes really set us up for success in Iraq.

GWBush did set it up for success.  For the first time since Korea, Bush showed the resolve of America's commitment would not be deterred.  Iraq became a shining example in the muslim world of a democracy where differing factions could come together and accept the responsibility of governing for the sake of their nation.  At the end of his term, muslims in Iran, Syria, Egypt, Algeria, and Libya began clamoring for the same type of deal that the Iraqi people had.

He'll yes, Bush set it up for success.  And in less than four years, Obama screwed every bit of it up.  And now I have to listen to members of this forum recite to me Democrat talking points just as Trump did at the GOP Convention?  Bah!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Sorry Russia is still evil in my book.

That's a little too cartoonish for me.
The Republic is lost.