Author Topic: Was the Las Vegas Gunman's Homicidal Rage Politically Motivated?  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Was the Las Vegas Gunman's Homicidal Rage Politically Motivated?
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2017, 09:17:08 pm »
Nope.  I hope they stay quiet until they know something concrete.

And have any such in custody.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2017, 09:31:04 pm »
Exactly. I'd be pretty sure there are service elevators to every level. Roll on/roll off with a baggage cart.

Yeah... That whole arsenal would fit in normal luggage. Pick four different bellhops, and nobody would be the wiser.

The thing that still bugs me is the two sniper perches. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Oceander

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2017, 09:44:02 pm »

Well,  according to what I have read,  he grew up in Los Angeles,  he married a Japanese woman,  his girl friend was Filipino,  and he only started buying guns around October of 2016,  which is about the time many people start paying attention to the election. 

His choice of target was a Country and Western event,  at which even the left-wing news people have noticed would likely be full of "Trump supporters."   

He is obviously not a racist,  because he married a Japanese woman and his girlfriend was Filipino,   and he's likely not a social conservative because he drinks and gambles and "works" in Las Vegas. 

Most of the nutjob people who shot up a place lately have been Liberal Bernie types,  and this guy easily fits the profile of being a liberal Bernie type.   

Adding to the profile is the assertion by Alex Jones that he has a source inside the investigation who claims that they found all sorts of ANTIFA literature in the mans' house when it was raided.    If that turns out to be true,  that pretty much nails it as "Trump Derangement Syndrome" deliberately spread by the Media/Industrial complex. 

Marrying Japanese or dating Philipino doesn’t mean he wasn’t racist. He may have wanted servility. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2017, 09:46:18 pm »
John McCain has a brain tumor. And he is on meds and chemo.

I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying that McCain is a military vet, prisoner of war, who is on very strong meds, and chemo. And he is a Goddam Senator for Christ sake...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2017, 09:47:14 pm »
Marrying Japanese or dating Philipino doesn’t mean he wasn’t racist. He may have wanted servility.

@Oceander

So you're racist as well as ignorant.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2017, 09:54:56 pm »

Sure. BTW, The thing that has never made sense to me is the dual sniper perches. There is no need.
Agreed. at that distance, the advantage of separation and different fields of fire is pretty much lost. At that height, one versus the other doesn't open up that much more area behind cover: the flanking effect is lost, especially with a crowd of 22,000 people as a massed target.

No one is going to shoot back at the hotel with people doubtless lining their windows to see what is going on if they are aware of the incident at all. Too much opportunity for collateral damage--so he doesn't need to move, especially only that little bit.
The only advantage I can see is not slipping on the expended brass all in one spot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2017, 09:56:22 pm »
Agreed. at that distance, the advantage of separation and different fields of fire is pretty much lost. At that height, one versus the other doesn't open up that much more area behind cover: the flanking effect is lost, especially with a crowd of 22,000 people as a massed target.

No one is going to shoot back at the hotel with people doubtless lining their windows to see what is going on if they are aware of the incident at all. Too much opportunity for collateral damage--so he doesn't need to move, especially only that little bit.
The only advantage I can see is not slipping on the expended brass all in one spot.

@Smokin Joe

Or air flow for ventilation.

Oceander

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2017, 09:57:22 pm »
@Oceander

So you're racist as well as ignorant.

:bigsilly:

What you are ain’t fit to print in a family-friendly publication. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2017, 09:58:24 pm »

What you are ain’t fit to print in a family-friendly publication.

@Oceander

Oh c'mon I'd think a good lawyer could use his words.

Hint Asian women aren't submissive.

Oceander

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:17 pm »
@Oceander

Oh c'mon I'd think a good lawyer could use his words.

Hint Asian women aren't submissive.

I’d have thought that such a relentless troll such as yourself might have actually learned how to get someone’s goat by now. 

Apparently I’m wrong. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:25 pm »
Agreed. at that distance, the advantage of separation and different fields of fire is pretty much lost.

That's it.
The graphics all depict line of sight 90 degrees to the window frame, when in actuality, line of sight is an 120 degree array.

There is no percentage. And in that fact, I entertain a secondary shooter.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Or air flow for ventilation.
Well, thankfully, that didn't work so well if that was the case (smoke alarm went off and that helped locate him).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2017, 10:14:38 pm »
That's it.
The graphics all depict line of sight 90 degrees to the window frame, when in actuality, line of sight is an 120 degree array.

There is no percentage. And in that fact, I entertain a secondary shooter.
No one (in their right mind--and that may be a consideration) would ordinarily take so many weapons to do the job. Two at each shooting station for one shooter, fire a mag, reload let it cool, do that again, reload, let it cool and go to the other station to give the appearance of being more than one shooter, as well as 'heat up' two more rifles, lather rinse repeat. I heard in early accounts two rifles were fitted with hand crank cams in the triggers, but haven't heard that since. Bipods would give the steadiness needed to operate those, but the devices were not in evidence on the rifle equipped with a bipod. (Easy to make, effective in a crude area fire/fire superiority sort of way).
Add in a pistol or two for 'security', and six, maybe eight firearms, tops.
I can't see anticipating needing all of those for the event unless additional shooter(s) were expected to show up.

But back to the first statement, he may well not have been in his 'right mind'. The very act implies that.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:49 pm »
No one (in their right mind--and that may be a consideration) would ordinarily take so many weapons to do the job. Two at each shooting station for one shooter, fire a mag, reload let it cool, do that again, reload, let it cool and go to the other station to give the appearance of being more than one shooter, as well as 'heat up' two more rifles, lather rinse repeat. I heard in early accounts two rifles were fitted with hand crank cams in the triggers, but haven't heard that since. Bipods would give the steadiness needed to operate those, but the devices were not in evidence on the rifle equipped with a bipod. (Easy to make, effective in a crude area fire/fire superiority sort of way).
I can't see anticipating needing all of those for the event unless additional shooter(s) were expected to show up.

But back to the first statement, he may well not have been in his 'right mind'. The very act implies that.

Yes to all of that.
But if we were to entertain the thought that he was having a party, that leads us to the next question: How did the party goers enter and exit the scene without security being alerted, at least after the fact.

I am even willing to entertain the idea that this guy was a chump, a bagholder, and left there to take the blame, except that the crew would be seen on exit.

If it was a party, how did they exit?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2017, 10:29:02 pm »
Well, thankfully, that didn't work so well if that was the case (smoke alarm went off and that helped locate him).

To think  a simple piece of Saran wrap, taped over the smoke detectors may have meant he could have gone on shooting till he felt like stopping.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:57 pm »
To think  a simple piece of Saran wrap, taped over the smoke detectors may have meant he could have gone on shooting till he felt like stopping.   :shrug:
Please don't leave suggestions for the next maniac. It works out that they are seldom quite as smart as they think. There is almost always some small slip up that is their undoing, either in thwarted plans or that evidence or witness who saw something that seems trivial but blows the whole thing wide open.

Of course, people have to look, see that evidence, and realize its significance, so it is a two way street.

Generally, if things don't add up, and political pressure for a fast solution isn't overwhelming, revisiting the evidence and even looking for more may lead to solving just exactly what was going on there.

A working hypothesis must be responsive to the evidence, not something one sets out to prove, or things will be missed. That said, a healthy pile of working possibilities will be culled in light of what is known, and hopefully what is left will fit the evidence. If not, back to the drawing board, and nothing, no matter how farfetched, should be ignored unless it can be disproven.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2017, 11:04:44 pm »
Please don't leave suggestions for the next maniac. It works out that they are seldom quite as smart as they think. There is almost always some small slip up that is their undoing, either in thwarted plans or that evidence or witness who saw something that seems trivial but blows the whole thing wide open.

Of course, people have to look, see that evidence, and realize its significance, so it is a two way street.

Generally, if things don't add up, and political pressure for a fast solution isn't overwhelming, revisiting the evidence and even looking for more may lead to solving just exactly what was going on there.

A working hypothesis must be responsive to the evidence, not something one sets out to prove, or things will be missed. That said, a healthy pile of working possibilities will be culled in light of what is known, and hopefully what is left will fit the evidence. If not, back to the drawing board, and nothing, no matter how farfetched, should be ignored unless it can be disproven.

That was my original point and I still don't know why so many people jumped on me for it. 

Yes, with the help of busboys and elevators the guy could have gotten all the baggage up to a room.

It is weird that nobody noticed or thought to question the number of bags.

But the question of whether he was a lone nutcase motivated only by the voices in his head or whether he was a part of some conspiracy is kinda important.

Rush Limbaugh is all over this.  I know nobody listens to Rush (except for like a gazillion people) but I'm glad he's doing this.

As for TOS, that's a really sad story.  I was a charter member over there and some really smart people were on the site ... and they did uncover some stuff ... ask Dan Rather.

The decay started in the 2012 primary when Jim R. started allowing nastiness and personal insults.  I was driven away because I was for Rick Perry and you would not believe the stuff that was said to me, or maybe you would.

If Jim R. had used fair and sane monitors like we have here on TBR, his site might have been saved.

Actually, it's pretty quiet over there now and I think it's safe to enter.  I will never join or give them another dime, but I enjoy visiting occasionally.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2017, 11:08:02 pm »

I’d have thought that such a relentless troll such as yourself might have actually learned how to get someone’s goat by now. 

Apparently I’m wrong.

@Oceander

:silly: :silly:

Offline DB

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2017, 11:13:12 pm »

There is no evidence of any great intelligence involved with this from what is known. Nor did it take any exceptional brawn. Just an evil depraved mind.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:36 pm »

MAYBE there is something in the way the windows are broken. One is broken 'just enough', whereas the other is broken out completely... Perhaps to prevent falling glass after the fact.
32 stories, roughly 320 ft...

That is a 100m reel of static line... Two lines, knotted together, through a loop that the knot won't pass through... One side the knot stops, the line to rap on... the other line for retrieval.

That explains the 32nd floor as a choice, and why the one window was totally broken out...

I wonder what the camera coverage is below that window?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »
I think there is a 4th floor roof under that area.  Probably no camera there.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2017, 12:20:48 am »
I think there is a 4th floor roof under that area.  Probably no camera there.

Dunno. Jussayin.

Supposedly he had 2 cams going in the room as he did the deed... And if that is true, then all this speculation is for naught.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2017, 12:25:14 am »
That was my original point and I still don't know why so many people jumped on me for it. 

Yes, with the help of busboys and elevators the guy could have gotten all the baggage up to a room.

It is weird that nobody noticed or thought to question the number of bags.

But the question of whether he was a lone nutcase motivated only by the voices in his head or whether he was a part of some conspiracy is kinda important.

Rush Limbaugh is all over this.  I know nobody listens to Rush (except for like a gazillion people) but I'm glad he's doing this.

As for TOS, that's a really sad story.  I was a charter member over there and some really smart people were on the site ... and they did uncover some stuff ... ask Dan Rather.

The decay started in the 2012 primary when Jim R. started allowing nastiness and personal insults.  I was driven away because I was for Rick Perry and you would not believe the stuff that was said to me, or maybe you would.

If Jim R. had used fair and sane monitors like we have here on TBR, his site might have been saved.

Actually, it's pretty quiet over there now and I think it's safe to enter.  I will never join or give them another dime, but I enjoy visiting occasionally.
Well, Em, there is help and there is help, and that might be the source of the misunderstanding. People who provide assistance, without knowing what they are carrying might just be doing their jobs and being courteous to the high roller up on 32--without any idea what they were doing would assist his later criminality: just doing their job. I can't say I would blame any of them in any way, they were just making a living. Really, they are no more guilty than the guy who ran the NICS check on a firearm purchase (or the one who cleared it) if nothing seemed out of sorts.
That sort of help is one thing.

The other sort of 'help' would be people who knowingly and materially participated in or facilitated the crime, and that is a whole 'nother ball game. I think your comment was interpreted to mean co-conspiritors, and therein lies that rub.

I reckon it's quiet at TOS because they've run off anyone who stuck their head up, and the usual suspects just got tired of biting each other's hindparts. Let someone in there they can turn on and you'll see the usual 'n00b and 'trump-hater' and all that pent up vitriol cone raining down like it was part of Hurricane Harvey hitting Houston. I don't even poke around much over there any more, and haven't for the last year. I have posted "prayers up" for a couple of old hands who have passed, but that is about it. I'm leery of even sending lifelines at this point.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2017, 10:02:57 am »
The advantages of so many weapons at each location is that it obviate the need for reloads (and it provides a fresh barrel each time, though that shouldn't matter much at his ROF).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn