Author Topic: Donald Trump 'might refuse to leave the White House when his term ends', expert warns  (Read 8228 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Interesting coming from someone who ridicules and attacks him every time he fights back.

Are you walking toward the light???
Nah. He's just even less of a fan of the Leftist media.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Interesting coming from someone who ridicules and attacks him every time he fights back.

That''s not the light, RIV, it's an oncoming train.

BassWrangler

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Trump 'aint the "light" dear.

The truth is the light.

Trump is not.

The Left attempting to instill the fear that Trump will make himself king for life, when we do not as yet have any kind of indication from the guy of such a circumstance - is simply the same meme now ablaze across the country igniting Antifa protests against "fascists" and "White Supremacists".

That has nothing to do with the fact I think Trump is a piss-poor Executive who lied his ass off to convince everyone he was going to do all this stuff the moment he got into office.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nah, his useful idiots will be wanting to install one of his annointed bloodline on the throne by then.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump 'aint the "light" dear..... 

Oops, perhaps I wasn't clear, sweetie .... by walking to the light I was simply asking if you're coming up out of mom's basement and into the kitchen.  From your post it sounded like you were ready.     :shrug:

@INVAR

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That''s not the light, RIV, it's an oncoming train.

Wow.  Clever.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Donald Trump 'might refuse to leave the White House when his term ends', expert warns

Alex, what is "Something we heard about every President since Bush 1"?
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

Didn't we get a lot of these stories when 0 was occupying the White House?

Yes.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Didn't we get a lot of these stories when 0 was occupying the White House?

It strikes me that a lot of the stories written by leftists and NeverTrumpers about Trump could easily have come from our side against Obama a few years back.

Offline Cripplecreek

It strikes me that a lot of the stories written by leftists and NeverTrumpers about Trump could easily have come from our side against Obama a few years back.

So you're saying that we are the ones who haven't changed sides?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

A very useful tactic to make that comparison, of course the leftists and nevertrumpers seem to be using the same script so that helps.

The key difference being that Obama himself made comments about staying on and the type of government he was working to build is the kind that tends to stick around after neutering Congress and the Courts.

Seems just yesterday that the left and NTs were complaining that Trump wasn't spending enough time in the White House and that he considered it too plebian for his tastes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

First, putting aside Trump's limitations with the English language, from what he has said, I think he will follow the constitution.

Second, who would want to stay in that office any longer than required just to stand as the world's punching bag?

Offline Smokin Joe

First, putting aside Trump's limitations with the English language, from what he has said, I think he will follow the constitution.

Second, who would want to stay in that office any longer than required just to stand as the world's punching bag?
Off topic, About your tagline. I don't want to deny your political voice. You are perfectly free to spew whatever. You have that Right. However, you are not free to lie about people who don't agree with your choices who aren't denying your Right to self-expression, but merely exercising their own. Have a nice day.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Off topic, About your tagline. I don't want to deny your political voice. You are perfectly free to spew whatever. You have that Right. However, you are not free to lie about people who don't agree with your choices who aren't denying your Right to self-expression, but merely exercising their own. Have a nice day.

Nor are you @Smokin Joe
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

Nor are you @Smokin Joe
No part of this statement is true.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

C S Lewis

Oceander

@Smokin Joe

Just FYI:  @aligncare is a troll and that tag line is obviously his latest bait.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Just FYI:  @aligncare is a troll and that tag line is obviously his latest bait.
I know. Just calling him on it.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

No part of this statement is true.

Seems to me that the only ones here wanting to interfere with political choices are those who constantly demand fealty from the rest of us. Even worse, they're demanding that same fealty of rightfully elected representatives and senators or else.

Its none of their damn business who I elect and they have no right to threaten to remove my congressman if he doesn't lick the boots of Orange Glorious. They can go to hell.

Offline aligncare

That's a fair criticism, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I took a look and decided to make a slight adjustment to it. I depersonalized it while maintaining my intention. Hope that helps.

I expect democrats, leftists and the media (but I repeat myself) to be NeverTrump. That's their prerogative. But, I will continue to believe that within conservative and republican ranks NeverTrump is destructive of our shared agenda and political goals.

My time is short. Later, I'll give my definition of what constitutes NeverTrumpism.

Offline Smokin Joe

Seems to me that the only ones here wanting to interfere with political choices are those who constantly demand fealty from the rest of us. Even worse, they're demanding that same fealty of rightfully elected representatives and senators or else.

Its none of their damn business who I elect and they have no right to threaten to remove my congressman if he doesn't lick the boots of Orange Glorious. They can go to hell.
True enough. That's part of the whole Republic(an?) thing.
If the Federal Government wasn't so busy taking over the jobs the States should be doing, it wouldn't matter so much at the Federal Level anyway.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's a fair criticism, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I took a look and decided to make a slight adjustment to it. I depersonalized it while maintaining my intention. Hope that helps.

I expect democrats, leftists and the media (but I repeat myself) to be NeverTrump. That's their prerogative. But, I will continue to believe that within conservative and republican ranks NeverTrump is destructive of our shared agenda and political goals.

My time is short. Later, I'll give my definition of what constitutes NeverTrumpism.

@aligncare, I didn't see your original comment, so I can't compare the two, but asking seriously, do you really think that those of your fellow posters here at TBR would not find this tagline insulting:  "NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice."

Offline aligncare

@aligncare, I didn't see your original comment, so I can't compare the two, but asking seriously, do you really think that those of your fellow posters here at TBR would not find this tagline insulting:  "NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice."

If antifa lefties and democrats, along with republican NeverTrump, manage to derail Trump's presidency, then the answer to your question will be left to the individual to contemplate in the privacy of their own thoughts.