Author Topic: Ivanka Trump says she didn’t expect the ‘viciousness’ in Washington  (Read 7302 times)

Silver Pines

After accusing Rafael Cruz of involvement in the JFK assassination Trump told Wolf Blitzer that he never really believed it himself but he wanted to win.

That's what disgusts me so much about the adherents of Trumpism. They know their God/King is a lying immoral man but rather than admit it they deflect by accusing everyone else. Its exactly what the left does and I hope they realize that God (the real one) doesn't have any blind spots.

@Cripplecreek

And some accuse others of disliking Trump as if it's a negative thing.  Lol, are you kidding me?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
After accusing Rafael Cruz of involvement in the JFK assassination Trump told Wolf Blitzer that he never really believed it himself but he wanted to win.

That's what disgusts me so much about the adherents of Trumpism. They know their God/King is a lying immoral man but rather than admit it they deflect by accusing everyone else. Its exactly what the left does and I hope they realize that God (the real one) doesn't have any blind spots.

Get some rest.    Breathe.      *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Cripplecreek

And some accuse others of disliking Trump as if it's a negative thing.  Lol, are you kidding me?

You people.  LOL. 

I get a little tired of people telling me that I worship Donald Trump or that he is my God/King.  Duh.

I don't worship any man, although I admire a few.

What some of us are tired of is the constant drum beat.  It's as though some are afraid that if they don't attack Trump with every breath and every post .... if they don't constantly bring up every horrible thing he's ever said or done (please note I did not capitalize 'he') that someone will mistake them for Trump supporters.

We get it.  You are not Trump supporters.

As Ted Cruz said to Trump during the debates, 'Breathe, Donald, breathe.'

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
You have no business questioning my right to ascribe a motive to your noble and steadfast positions.

Interesting. Good to know that's your (and your cohort in Trump idolatry, RIV's) POV. Since that's the accepted standard here, it pretty much leaves the door wide open for those not of that persuasion to take condescending swipes at you Trump idolaters without fear of repercussion.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Interesting. Good to know that's your (and your cohort in Trump idolatry, RIV's) POV. Since that's the accepted standard here, it pretty much leaves the door wide open for those not of that persuasion to take condescending swipes at you Trump idolaters without fear of repercussion.

Was that door closed?  I must have missed it.  You are indulging in Fake News if you continue to accuse me of Trump idolatry.  Please continue to take swipes ... it amuses both of us.

Offline Mod2

Just a teeny-tiny reminder, the topic is viciousness in Washington, not viciousness here.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If you have something to say to me or about me, ping me at Right_in_Virginia  I suppose it's a complicated screen name, but with practice, you should be able to master it.

As for your post above @AllThatJazzZ ------  it's unadulterated   :bs:

Offline Mod2

If you have something to say to me or about me, ping me at Right_in_Virginia  I suppose it's a complicated screen name, but with practice, you should be able to master it.

As for your post above @AllThatJazzZ ------  it's unadulterated   :bs:

Really?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just a teeny-tiny reminder, the topic is viciousness in Washington, not viciousness here.

Okay, mommy, I'll go off to watch birds for a while.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Sure looks like rules being broken here. Personal attack.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

Well said and worth repeating. And BTW, pay no attention to those who insinuate you're hyperventilating or overreacting. It's a virtue to be consistent in your values.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sure looks like rules being broken here. Personal attack.

Don't worry, I just saw a wild lovebird at the feeder.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Suppressed

I learned from a guy who did a lot of work on the White Mountains in New Hampshire, and had figured the crystalline basement of the Mid Atlantic Appalachian Piedmont was, at least in part obducted. While many looked askance at the idea, then, later an oil company did seismic out there and found stratified rock beneath...

@Smokin Joe  Sorry...missed this earlier.

GREAT!  Freshman year, I had to listen to Jack Bird tell us over and over how he discovered Plate Tectonics but didn't get the credit he deserved; experiences like yours are far better. :-)

(Oh, wow...I just decided to look him up, and it seems he passed away a few months ago... RIP... http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theithacajournal/obituary.aspx?pid=185261267)

Speaking of obduction, do you happen to know offhand whether that's why there's rhyolite and andesite on Easter Island?   
Is that evidence of a small bit of continental crust coming up?

My other mineralogy Professor was a hardcore collector, too, and assembled quite a museum. . . . Sinkankis handed him the first volume of Dana's System of Mineralogy, and told him to put it someplace he'd read it regularly.

Excellent!  ^-^

In grad School, I had a mining Prof, who had walked out of Russia as a boy during the revolution, and he was a very interesting and affable fellow who loved to discuss small mine techniques from yesteryear. Interesting stuff, and the sort of thing a guy could use to get an operation from discovery to development without a lot of capital.

Those sorts of things are tidbits you can't easily get from trying to teach yourself from a library.  Invaluable.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

GREAT!  Freshman year, I had to listen to Jack Bird tell us over and over how he discovered Plate Tectonics but didn't get the credit he deserved; experiences like yours are far better. :-)

(Oh, wow...I just decided to look him up, and it seems he passed away a few months ago... RIP... http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theithacajournal/obituary.aspx?pid=185261267)

Speaking of obduction, do you happen to know offhand whether that's why there's rhyolite and andesite on Easter Island?   

Excellent!  ^-^

Those sorts of things are tidbits you can't easily get from trying to teach yourself from a library.  Invaluable.

@Smokin Joe
@Suppressed

Fascinating! I just got educated in a field I knew nothing about. Thank you,  gentlemen.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Excellent!  ^-^

It is amazing how many people who make discoveries aren't given any credit for them, instead someone farther up the food chain gets it. Sometimes that lack of credit gnaws at the person until (unless) they let it go. It becomes a thing that you know what you did, and others won't. I have been there and dealt with that in a smaller way. (Just next time I find an oil field, I want a piece of the action, and I'll be able to console myself more comfortably).

The trachytic rhyolite on Easter Island is low in quartz. Perhaps some magmatic differentiation went on there, but I don't know enough about it to tie it to the continent. It appears to be more of a hotspot fed system than subduction related.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis