Author Topic: Scalise 'will require additional operations'  (Read 1382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scalise 'will require additional operations'
« on: June 15, 2017, 02:18:01 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337892-scalise-remains-in-critical-condition-will-need-more-surgery

By Julia Manchester - 06/14/17 09:37 PM EDT

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) is still in critical condition Wednesday night, and will be requiring more operations, according to MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

"Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding," Medstar Washington said in a statement Wednesday.

"He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates," the statement continued.

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Scalise 'will require additional operations'
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:19:58 am »
Prayers for his recovery. He's got a long road ahead of him.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:40:40 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337892-scalise-remains-in-critical-condition-will-need-more-surgery

By Julia Manchester - 06/14/17 09:37 PM EDT

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) is still in critical condition Wednesday night, and will be requiring more operations, according to MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

"Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding," Medstar Washington said in a statement Wednesday.

"He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates," the statement continued.

more at link

Scary.  I didn't realize it was that serious.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:20:56 am »
Scary.  I didn't realize it was that serious.

Injury to internal organs and needing multiple transfusions is very serious.  Prayers go out for his recovery and for his family.  I also pray for this country.  We had an election.  Donald J. Trump won and Hillary Rodham Clinton lost.  There was no hacking. There was no collusion.  There was no obstruction of justice.  To continue with false accusations is despicable and deplorable and those that continue this charade should be charged with inciting and producing lawless action.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:27:00 pm »
Prayers for his recovery. He's got a long road ahead of him.

He does and I prayed for him this morning.  Apparently, he was left to bleed for 9 minute before it was considered safe to rescue him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 05:30:11 pm »
He does and I prayed for him this morning.  Apparently, he was left to bleed for 9 minute before it was considered safe to rescue him.

As did I!  Steve Scalise is a GOOD man and as tough as they come!  If anyone can recover from this it's him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 05:39:34 pm »
Was worried when they said he was shot in the hip area. Bullet can do a great deal of damage there, bones and organs both with a long recovery.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 08:01:48 pm »
Not many people will go into the middle of an open area in an active shooter situation to drag someone out, especially when the location and skill of the shooter are unknown. If anything, that should make you appreciate combat medics more, and they have body armor.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 08:09:30 pm »
I wish we could do more than pray. Poor man.

Send cards?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:10:30 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 08:20:48 pm »
Was worried when they said he was shot in the hip area. Bullet can do a great deal of damage there, bones and organs both with a long recovery.

Not to mention the damage done to the bullet - Hitting the hip bone mashed that bullet into a much bigger, mushroomed projectile at best - At worst, transformed it into a shattered pile of fragments going every-which-way.

This is not going to be as easy as a through-and-through. I know nothing of human biology, but I have seen it many times in killed critters.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 09:54:20 pm »
Steve Scalise conscious, spoke with wife on Saturday, sources say

WASHINGTON — Three days after he was shot in the hip by a high-velocity rifle, U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise has regained consciousness and is able to talk softly, having spoken with his wife Saturday morning, according to two sources close to the congressman's family.

Medical staff also have removed a tube that had been inserted into Scalise's abdomen to prevent fluid from going into his lungs while he was sedated, said the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment on the congressman's medical status.

More: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/article_05000b12-5397-11e7-9c07-e381af7103e4.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 10:17:25 pm »
At one point I heard the gun was an M4 which would be an AR 15 5.56mm projectile, which tumbles, right?

Both my brother, and my brother-in-law had serious hip injuries, both requiring hardware, screws, plates, etc.

Both were in their 20s at the time, and returned to near complete levels of activity. My brother cycled 100 miles, and ran 1/2 marathons (13 miles).

Both of their injuries involved mostly bones, not projectiles, damaging organs and major soft tissues.

The doctor that gave the presser yesterday, stated he felt Scalise would walk, and maybe run. Good news.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 11:28:37 pm »

Wash DC shooter firearm, Chinese version of SKS 7.62x.39mm

impact 50-75 yards.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 11:38:46 pm »

Wash DC shooter firearm, Chinese version of SKS 7.62x.39mm

impact 50-75 yards.

Thank goodness that guy couldn't shoot worth a damn. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 05:10:23 am »
Not to mention the damage done to the bullet - Hitting the hip bone mashed that bullet into a much bigger, mushroomed projectile at best - At worst, transformed it into a shattered pile of fragments going every-which-way.

This is not going to be as easy as a through-and-through. I know nothing of human biology, but I have seen it many times in killed critters.

I think the Dr. said it could be more than 100 fragments.  Still praying.  I think that being downgraded to serious is already a miracle.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.