Author Topic: Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years  (Read 3177 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 08:06:07 am »
Why do you add the word bribery?

It's called a strawman fallacy.

A-Lert

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 08:11:15 am »
Why do you add the word bribery?  I have never used the word bribery, just that positions for Carson were discussed while trying to get Carson's endorsement.

It was discussed on page 1 of this thread. You were posting while it was brought up by FC. How could you miss it?

A-Lert

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 08:13:06 am »
It's called a strawman fallacy.

Read the thread before making ignorant comments. Thanks.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 08:36:38 am »
There were conservative anti-Bush voters who said the same thing about Bill Clinton, too.

Excellent point.  I often gloss over the AK rapists years in the White House because the economy excuses Presidential rape for many.  Looks like you expect more from your President than "he won't cost me my job."

I suppose you think a President shouldn't engage in child prostitution with Jeffrey Epstein either. Well all I can say is a man has needs, and if a President needs a couple  13 year old asian girls to sandwich between so he can create a vibrant economy...who am I to judge.

It is not rape if it costs over $1,000 for every year under 18.  amiright?

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 08:37:42 am »
Read the thread before making ignorant comments. Thanks.
Do as I say, not as I do, huh?

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 08:43:06 am »
Do as I say, not as I do, huh?

Apparently I'm the only one who has read this thread. I assumed  the posters here were actually interested enough in a subject thread to at least scan the posts. My bad.

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 08:55:19 am »
Apparently I'm the only one who has read this thread. I assumed  the posters here were actually interested enough in a subject thread to at least scan the posts. My bad.
Apparently you're the only one who has read this thread, and came away with your conclusion.  It must be that everyone, except you, is an idiot.  We are so lucky you are here to admonish us.  Thanx A-Lert.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:57:14 am by Once-Ler »

A-Lert

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 09:07:56 am »
Apparently you're the only one who has read this thread, and came away with your conclusion.  It must be that everyone, except you, is an idiot.  We are so lucky you are here to admonish us.  Thanx A-Lert.

Glad I could be of assistance.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »
Excellent point.  I often gloss over the AK rapists years in the White House because the economy excuses Presidential rape for many.  Looks like you expect more from your President than "he won't cost me my job."

It's been a painfully long time since I expected anything from any office holder or office
aspirant. I have long considered the State (anyone who thinks we have a properly-construed
government is talking through his or her chapeau) to be the nation's largest organised
crime family, and nothing among the current presidential aspirants tells me that they have
even a drop of thought toward doing something, anything, to change that status even to a
single, tiny degree.

From all appearances we're heading for a November contest between a crooked politician
and a purchaser of politicians crooked or otherwise, neither of whom seems to have any
interest other than the further metastasis of State power for her or his own particular
purposes.

But as Edward R. Murrow once observed wryly (commenting on the 1948 elections for
the spoken-word series of records, I Can Hear It Now), it can't hurt to watch the
campaign, anyhow. Especially if you have a bent toward absurdist humour. Even if the
main attractions are about as funny as a screen door on a submarine.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 06:19:48 pm »
Well another example of the habitual lying in the "Conservative" media these days. Take the comment put your own ridiculous spin on it is now a "Conservative" value just like the Drive By Media.

Helps to read the actual quote

"Even if Donald Trump turns out not to be such a great president, which I don't think is the case, I think he's going to surround himself with really good people, but even if he didn't, we're only looking at four years as opposed to multiple generations and perhaps the loss of the American dream forever," Carson told Newsmax's Steve Malzberg.

Offline Carling

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:28 pm »
Well another example of the habitual lying in the "Conservative" media these days. Take the comment put your own ridiculous spin on it is now a "Conservative" value just like the Drive By Media.

Helps to read the actual quote

"Even if Donald Trump turns out not to be such a great president, which I don't think is the case, I think he's going to surround himself with really good people, but even if he didn't, we're only looking at four years as opposed to multiple generations and perhaps the loss of the American dream forever," Carson told Newsmax's Steve Malzberg.

The line between the GOProg media and the liberal leftist media is basically erased at this point.

Also, are people dumb enough to think that all other politicians don't offer advisory roles for endorsements, and that it's unique to Trump?  If so, wow, that's just so stupid I can't even fathom it being the case, so I have to assume this is just the latest GOProg hypocritical "outrage" toward Trump.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2016, 06:31:21 pm »
You can smell the panic and desperation wafting off the "Conservative" media these days.

Really stupid tactics. Elections end, professional reputations as habitual liars will go on and on and on and on and on.

Offline Carling

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2016, 06:35:13 pm »
You can smell the panic and desperation wafting off the "Conservative" media these days.

Really stupid tactics. Elections end, professional reputations as habitual liars will go on and on and on and on and on.

The GOProg media is one thing, but to see otherwise reasonable posters continually post half-truths or outright lies and be outraged about them has been very depressing for me.  The Republican party is forever fractured and I think all hell will break loose in Cleveland, which will lead to a real third party that is fiscally and national security conservative while being more moderate on social issues such as homosexuality and abortion. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2016, 07:27:59 pm »
a real third party that is fiscally and national security conservative while being more moderate on social issues such as homosexuality and abortion.

See, I'd be in favor of this. Also needs to control the border.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2016, 07:39:36 pm »
  The Republican party is forever fractured and I think all hell will break loose in Cleveland, which will lead to a real third party that is fiscally and national security conservative while being more moderate on social issues such as homosexuality and abortion.

I'm counting on all hell breaking loose in Cleveland, but that doesn't mean the GOP is forever fractured.  Trumpism is a cult of personality, which will fade once Trump is crushed and humiliated (hopefully at the convention, certainly in November).   While it's possible that white nationalism/xenophobia could well find a permanent voice in the form of  a third party, a la the National Front,  limited-government conservatism will rise again once the cancer is excised.  It may be out of power for a while, but it will rise again.   
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:40:46 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2016, 07:51:15 pm »
I'm counting on all hell breaking loose in Cleveland, but that doesn't mean the GOP is forever fractured.  Trumpism is a cult of personality, which will fade once Trump is crushed and humiliated (hopefully at the convention, certainly in November).   While it's possible that white nationalism/xenophobia could well find a permanent voice in the form of  a third party, a la the National Front,  limited-government conservatism will rise again once the cancer is excised.  It may be out of power for a while, but it will rise again.   

You are so out of touch with the reality of how formerly staunch GOPe voters like me have been alienated from the party that it's almost funny, but mostly sad.

You're pushing a gun-grabbing candidate who wants amnesty, and who says he should have run in the Democrat primaries and meant it.  A candidate who says he wants nothing to do with Trump, so why should I want anything to do with Kasich and his GOProg masters?

Buh bye.  I'll never associate myself after the convention with any party that has you as a member.  Calling people racists for supporting Trump is just infantile and requires zero debating skills other than acting just like a liberal.

Offline Carling

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2016, 08:04:48 pm »
Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years

Ben Carson said on Monday that even if Donald Trump turned out to be a lousy president

What Ben Carson actually said, liberal writer's own words aside:

How does one change "not such a great" into "bad" or "lousy?"  I know how, because they are dishonest and have an agenda as a writer.

sinkspur is now basically a liberal media mouthpiece for anything anti-Trump, truthful or dishonest.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
All of those who believe Donald Trump wants to fail at anything are just attempting to fool themselves. The guy is obsessed with succeeding. I believe he'll outwork and accomplish more than any candidate since Reagan.