Author Topic: Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years  (Read 3176 times)

Offline sinkspur

Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years

By HANNA TRUDO 03/14/16 09:02 PM EDT

Ben Carson said on Monday that even if Donald Trump turned out to be a lousy president, he’ll only be in office for four years.

"Even if Donald Trump turns out not to be such a great president, which I don't think is the case, I think he's going to surround himself with really good people, but even if he didn't, we're only looking at four years as opposed to multiple generations and perhaps the loss of the American dream forever," Carson told Newsmax's Steve Malzberg.

The former Republican presidential contender and retired pediatric neurosurgeon did not elaborate when asked about a potential role in a Trump administration, other than to say that he would be "doing things" in an “advisory capacity.”

"We haven't hammered out all the details," Carson said when pressed on whether he had been promised a Cabinet post or something else. "I'm not going to reveal any details about it right now because all of this is still very liquid.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/ben-carson-donald-trump-220754#ixzz42vhJ3fqN
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:12:23 am »
You can tell Car$on love$ Donald Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 01:37:31 am »
Wow. What a ringing endorsement.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 01:59:52 am »
You can tell Car$on love$ Donald Trump.

The more I listen to Carson, the more I wonder if he's all there.  Only 4 years?  Hate to tell you bud, but we can't afford, nor will we survive another mistake for 4 years.    :thud:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 02:35:11 am »
The more I listen to Carson, the more I wonder if he's all there.  Only 4 years?  Hate to tell you bud, but we can't afford, nor will we survive another mistake for 4 years.    :thud:

So true.  Good thing Carson didn't make it too far.  I think that if you endorse a person that you would whole heartedly believe in them.  Its your name.  How shameful.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 05:12:58 am »
This is the second thing Carson has said since endorsing Trump that would make you want to not vote for Trump. He's almost like a trojan horse.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 05:29:42 am »
This is what some conservative anti-McCain voters said about Obama.  Plus, they said, it will teach the GOP a lesson.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 05:53:08 am »
This election season is a nightmare.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 06:13:38 am »
This election season is a nightmare.

As opposed to 2008 or 2012? 
I hear you though.  I took a couple weeks off to collect myself, yet I find I am just as angry upon my return.  However, I am delighted to say I have read a few of your posts and I look forward to reading more.  I love your posting name and it's anagram.  Welcome.  :beer:

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 06:15:18 am »
Hanna Trudo, what a pig.

Hanna Trudo ‏@HCTrudo Feb 6

A real question: What is Marco Rubio talking about?
1 retweet 3 likes
Hanna Trudo ‏@HCTrudo Feb 6

I thought my livestream was bleep up and on repeat through that whole thing
1 retweet 5 likes

Ted Cruz: Enough condoms for all

He mocks Hillary Clinton's attacks on the GOP about contraception and women's health issues.

By Hanna Trudo

11/30/15 11:18 PM EST

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ted-cruz-condoms-college-health-216293#ixzz42wvz3sh6
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 06:16:01 am »
This is the second thing Carson has said since endorsing Trump that would make you want to not vote for Trump. He's almost like a trojan horse.

A person has to say what?

Ben Carson: I Didn’t Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Job

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/14/ben-carson-trump-promised-place-administration/

Read the comments.  Someone suggested that it is illegal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 06:22:03 am »

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/14/ben-carson-trump-promised-place-administration/

It may not be illegal, but it sure is inside the Beltway, business as usual, Crony Capitalism that the Trump folks abhor. Is this the way a Trump administration will play out? I guess all the "great people" Trump keeps citing that he will surround himself will have something in common.....they can be bought for the right price.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 06:24:55 am »

A felony.  Trump should talk to his good buddy Rod Blagojevich about that.

Meet the new boss.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 06:25:25 am »
It may not be illegal, but it sure is inside the Beltway, business as usual, Crony Capitalism that the Trump folks abhor. Is this the way a Trump administration will play out? I guess all the "great people" Trump keeps citing that he will surround himself will have something in common.....they can be bought for the right price.

Nailed it!

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 06:27:11 am »

An advisory position? The horrors!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 06:30:58 am »
An advisory position? The horrors!

What do you think Cabinet posts are?

A-Lert

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 06:35:05 am »
What do you think Cabinet posts are?

They are called Cabinet posts for a reason. An advisory position could be anything from a financial, fitness or medical advisor. Desperation is so obvious among the anti-Trump crowd.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 06:38:03 am »
They are called Cabinet posts for a reason. An advisory position could be anything from a financial, fitness or medical advisor. Desperation is so obvious among the anti-Trump crowd.

Do you think bribing someone for their endorsement is good or bad?

BTW, the Presidents Cabinet IS his set of advisers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:39:05 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 06:45:22 am »
It's not just the bribery it's that Ben Carson is a fool with terrible judgement.

Who is this assclown to be advising anyone? The man who was scammed by his own campaign?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:50:18 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 06:55:49 am »
Do you think bribing someone for their endorsement is good or bad?

BTW, the Presidents Cabinet IS his set of advisers.

Did Carson state that Trump promised him a Cabinet position? Yes or no?????

Bribe? You have to have physical proof. What has changed hands? If someone  offers  you money for helping them, is that a bribe? Is a political party contribution a bribe?

Desperation, grasping at straws isn't very attractive.

A-Lert

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 06:59:35 am »
What does it matter who Hanna Trudo is, did you not hear Carson talking about receiving a position in a Trump administration?  What does Hanna
have to do with this thread and the Carson audio?

What position did he mention?

By HANNA TRUDO 03/14/16 09:02 PM EDT  Ben Carson: Even if Trump's a bad president, it'll only be 4 years

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 07:04:34 am »
This is what some conservative anti-McCain voters said about Obama.  Plus, they said, it will teach the GOP a lesson.

There were conservative anti-Bush voters who said the same thing about Bill Clinton, too.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

A-Lert

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 07:23:35 am »
Please don't try to cute with words, it was very clear he would be receiving some position in a Trump administration, cabinet advisory or who knows. I am not concerned as there is no chance there would ever be a Trump administration.

I deal in facts, not fantasy and speculation. The anti-Trumpers say  words have meanings.

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 07:56:53 am »
Good to see you back Once-Ler
Thank you sir.  I am in a foul mood, and despondent about tomorrow's primaries, but it is nice to share my despair with elite posters of character, refinement, and quality....and also you.

You know I'm just kidding...
I have nothing but admiration for your posts.
Even if you are too damn serious in these serious times. 

Get some sleep tonight my friend.  Tomorrow is a big day.

I need you to vote 40 or 50 times, in multiple locations...or if that is too much to ask...beat down some skin heads.

I once took on 6 skinheads at the same time...sadly they were all cancer patients from the local hospital...but that still counts, right?

A-Lert

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 08:00:40 am »
Carson: I will be doing things as well, yeah.

Malzberg: In the administration.

Carson: Certainly in an advisory capacity.

Malzberg: That’s been determined? You’ve, when you sat down with him that was discussed?

Carson: Yes.

"We haven't hammered out all the details," Carson said when pressed on whether he had been promised a Cabinet post or something else. "I'm not going to reveal any details about it right now because all of this is still very liquid."

No speculation or fantasy there, when discussing Carson's endorsement they discussed a position for Carson.

They discussed a position   "I'm not going to reveal any details about it right now because all of this is still very liquid."

Sorry, I'm unable to draw a concrete conclusion from something so  fluent. Where is there evidence of bribery?