Author Topic: Democrats Are Stuck With Joe Biden as Their Presidential Nominee  (Read 639 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Are Stuck With Joe Biden as Their Presidential Nominee
Josh Hammer

President Joe Biden is currently losing the 2024 presidential race to former President Donald Trump. If the election were held tomorrow, Trump would win -- likely convincingly. The fact that this is increasingly obvious, and that Biden finds himself fighting an uphill battle to prolong his already ancient political career, has precipitated some epic handwringing on the MSNBC airwaves and a veritable five-alarm fire at the Democratic National Committee.

The big polling news last week was that The New York Times/Siena College, one of the country's most accurate pollsters, has Trump up in five of the six most important swing states -- including an astonishing 13-point cushion in light-blue Nevada, and a nine-point lead in purple Georgia. This week, the big polling update came courtesy of the Cook Political Report, another highly regarded polling outfit. The Cook Political Report poll also has Trump leading or tied in each of the seven states polled -- in both a mano-a-mano and a three-way race that also takes into account independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

The fact that the Cook Political Report corroborated the eye-opening Times/Siena findings from the week prior led polling savant Nate Silver to post this warning on Thursday: "If Biden is still struggling in August[,] he needs to consider stepping aside. It's not a great situation for D[emocrat]s either way, but you have to do due diligence on the question. It's an important election, obviously. It shouldn't be taboo to talk about." Indeed, polling cross-tabs routinely show that a plurality or majority of Democrats would prefer Biden do just that: Step aside and exit the national stage.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/joshhammer/2024/05/24/democrats-are-stuck-with-joe-biden-as-their-presidential-nominee-n2639465
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Democrats Are Stuck With Joe Biden as Their Presidential Nominee
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 10:12:07 pm »
No, they're not.

See Toricelli --> Lautenberg.

That was a modest "switcheroo". Seemed audacious at the time.

There may be a much larger one come the DCommunist convention.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 10:51:54 pm »
No, they're not.

See Toricelli --> Lautenberg.

That was a modest "switcheroo". Seemed audacious at the time.

There may be a much larger one come the DCommunist convention.

Agreed .... who knows who is going to emerge as the DEM nominee at the convention.  My bet is it isn't going to be evil Joe.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 11:12:16 pm »
Agreed .... who knows who is going to emerge as the DEM nominee at the convention.  My bet is it isn't going to be evil Joe.

LOL!  My money says the Hunter Pardon is already signed...only the date has to be plugged in.

He may not even by POTUS by the Convention, but I don't see Gavin Newsom, aka "Pretty Boy-Floyd" as the draft pick.

We do indeed live in "Interesting Times".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 11:17:01 pm »
LOL!  My money says the Hunter Pardon is already signed...only the date has to be plugged in.

He may not even by POTUS by the Convention, but I don't see Gavin Newsom, aka "Pretty Boy-Floyd" as the draft pick.

Big Mike?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 11:31:54 pm »
Big Mike?

I doubt that...maybe 2028?

Only because as I have expressed before, the next POTUS is going to have to be the "bad cop"...administering 'Castor Oil' to cure this nation's economic ills.

The only way out of this is much higher interest rates and federal intervention into the banking industry...perhaps to make it mandatory to allow existing mortgage loans to be assumable at the 2.5%-5.00% fixed rate.

That's why I'm worried that even if the GOP takes the House and Senate, the 2026 mid-terms are going to be a Blue Tsunami...especially with an adversarial media complex.

That's why Donald Trump will only have a very short term in which to act on all the traitors and usurpers....pick your poison.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 11:55:05 pm »
-Unless he has a major stroke or dies, Biden isn't going anywhere
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2024, 12:36:15 am »

I think he's had a major stroke in the past; somewhat recovered, dementia set in and now dementia has pretty much taken over. He cannot be propped up  with drugs much longer.

The DEMS know that the support for Trump has grown because of the issues of the economy and the border. Not to mention that people realize he's being railroaded.  He's not going anywhere that's why they are blatantly interfering with this election -- they don't want him out campaigning.  It was great seeing some of the GOP showing up in court for him and Donalds was awesome at the rally yesterday.  The DEMS were hoping to divide; instead they seem to be unifying.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 12:46:19 am »

@LMAO
For the manner in which his presidency and man himself have been HANDLED, how hard would it be to announce a "stroke" and simply retire the muther-bleeper?   :shrug:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 01:04:04 am »
@LMAO
For the manner in which his presidency and man himself have been HANDLED, how hard would it be to announce a "stroke" and simply retire the muther-bleeper?   :shrug:

They're not quite done with him yet ....  **nononono*

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 04:37:32 pm »

If they did pick Noisome all it would prove is that nationally democrats are even stupider than in California, and that's a whole lot of stupid.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 04:56:56 pm »
There chance to get rid of Biden has passed. I see no sign that getting rid of Biden is in the works

There will be no convention tricks either. One of the reasons why they didn’t dump him when they should have was because then Kamala Harris would’ve been president.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy