Author Topic: The US has spent $5bn on electronic warfare in 2024 alone  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US has spent $5bn on electronic warfare in 2024 alone
« on: May 23, 2024, 07:36:38 pm »
The US has spent $5bn on electronic warfare in 2024 alone
China, Russia and India are projected to eat into the US’ outsized share of global electronic warfare spending in the coming years.

Alex Blair
May 22, 2024

The US Air Force has been a leading adopter of electronic warfare technology including BAE Systems’ Eagle Passive Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS). Credit: Toshifumi Kitamura / Getty.
The US is the world’s largest investor and developer of electronic warfare, spending an estimated $5bn on the signal technology in 2024 so far alone, according to a new report.

GlobalData’s Electronic Warfare report details that, between 2021 and 2023, the US military accounted for the largest share of electronic warfare spending by a significant margin – 45% of global expenditure compared to Russia’s 14% and China’s 13%.

Washington’s stranglehold on the electronic warfare market looks set to be challenged, however.

Two-way digital radios have become the industry standard for effective communication. Overtaking analogue radios, digital radios provide higher channel capacities so sites do not have to worry about radio traffic, wide signal ranges that can be further increased with the…

The report predicts that Russia, China and India’s share of the electronic warfare market will only increase over the next decade.

https://www.army-technology.com/news/the-us-has-spent-5bn-on-electronic-warfare-in-2024-alone/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 07:38:06 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The US has spent $5bn on electronic warfare in 2024 alone
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 07:39:13 pm »

The report predicts that Russia, China and India’s share of the electronic warfare market will only increase over the next decade.

Just the way Biden, Austin, and Davis have planned it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson