Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: District That Suspended Student For Using Term ‘Illegal Alien’ Fails To Provide Docs To P  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: District That Suspended Student For Using Term ‘Illegal Alien’ Fails To Provide Docs To Parents Org

HAROLD HUTCHISON REPORTER
May 22, 2024 7:10 PM ET

A North Carolina public school district did not release all the information requested about a high-profile suspension of a student for using the term “illegal alien.”
Davidson County Schools suspended Christian McGhee in April for using the term when he sought clarification about a vocabulary assignment.
The school district also appeared to instruct school staff to conceal information about students’ gender identities from parents in a training presentation done in 2021.

A North Carolina school district that suspended a student for using the term “illegal alien” failed to provide all public records pertaining to the incident that were requested by a parental-rights organization, the group told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Christian McGhee, a 16-year-old student at Central Davidson High School, received a three-day suspension in April for using the term “illegal aliens” during class while asking the teacher for clarification on a vocabulary assignment, prompting his parents to file a lawsuit against the Davidson County Board of Education. Parents Defending Education (PDE) filed a records request about the suspension, but received only four emails totaling eight pages that were provided to the DCNF.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/05/22/e...s-parents-org/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson