Author Topic: EPA’s Clean Power Plan Rule Prioritizes Net-Zero Over Grid Reliability  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EPA’s Clean Power Plan Rule Prioritizes Net-Zero Over Grid Reliability
9 hours ago Guest Blogger 

By Gabriella Hoffman Christian Palich

Coal and natural gas plants provide 60% of the U.S.’ affordable, reliable, and baseload power. In a time of increased electricity demand, America needs to double down on harnessing these sources—not abandon them.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s recently finalized Clean Power Plan 2.0 (CPP) rule, however, takes the country in the wrong direction. Under this regulation, one that is arguably illegal, existing coal and new natural gas power plants will be mandated to install emissions control technologies that aren’t yet commercially viable. Plants that don’t comply risk permanent closure. This unrealistic mandate is advanced under the guise of reducing greenhouse gas emissions 90% by 2032.

The Biden administration should nix this rule altogether given its many drawbacks to the American economy, all of which come with no environmental gain and are based on dubious authority. If it doesn’t reverse course, a forthcoming Congressional resolution of disapproval and newly-filed lawsuits could stop overreach here.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/22/epas-clean-power-plan-rule-prioritizes-net-zero-over-grid-reliability/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson