Author Topic: Democrats Brag About Rolling Mike Johnson in Spending Negotiations, Getting Him to Give Them Secret  (Read 257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Brag About Rolling Mike Johnson in Spending Negotiations, Getting Him to Give Them Secret Earmarks

Sean Moran 22 May 2024

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) reportedly gave almost every Democrat an earmark in exchange for their votes for a $1.2 trillion spending bill that was passed despite the objections of a majority of House Republicans.

As Johnson and House Democrat Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) negotiated two government funding bills, the Democrat leader secured a major victory in exchange for voting for Johnson’s spending bill: a considerable bump in earmarks for Democrats’ home districts.

Democrats argued that they did not receive their fair share of the earmarks, or congressionally directed projects, this congressional term. Jeffries made clear that Democrats would provide the votes to pass the spending bill for an increase in their share of the earmarks, according to Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), the top Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee.

The earmarks were tucked well within the Transportation spending bill; a CNN analysis suggested that the earmarks for Democrats went up $616,279 for almost every Democrat member over what had passed out of committee months prior.

The earmarks in the gargantuan spending bill were for “almost every single Democratic member for at least one project,” CNN wrote.

DeLauro told CNN that Jeffries wanted to keep the victory a secret.

“There was no need. He [Jeffries] negotiated. He got what we needed to have. That’s it. It doesn’t always have to be a press conference when you get things done. That’s his style,” DeLauro said.

“Nobody at the beginning of this Congress could have imagined all this shit that has happened here, right? But [Jeffries] has navigated a pathway for Democrats that has made us relevant and effective,” Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA), the ranking member on the House Rules Committee, said.

“I saw him take the temperature of the caucus, listen a lot to people and ultimately land in a place that not everyone celebrated, but everyone was comfortable with,” Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) remarked.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/22/democrats-brag-about-rolling-mike-johnson-spending-negotiations-getting-him-give-them-secret-earmarks/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I can't help but suspect they've dug up something on this guy...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I can't help but suspect they've dug up something on this guy...

That could be but I found it pretty amazing that he was voted in unanimously.  I had never heard of the guy. He was supposed to be the conservative that many were hoping for.  How quickly it was unveiled that he was nothing more than a DEM puppet.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.