Author Topic: Gaza aid pier mission involving US troops is off to a chaotic start  (Read 351 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gaza aid pier mission involving US troops is off to a chaotic start
By Geoff Ziezulewicz and The Associated Press
 May 21, 2024, 06:06 PM

Editor’s note: This story was updated May 21 8:26 p.m. E.T. to include further comment from Pentagon and U.N. officials.

An effort involving the U.S. military to surge much-needed humanitarian aid to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip is off to a chaotic start, with aid trucks being overrun and at least one person feared dead over the weekend, prompting a pause in aid distribution.

U.S. soldiers and sailors built a floating pier off Gaza and stabbed it into a Gaza beach on Friday with the help of Israeli forces.

The plan, announced by President Biden in his State of the Union address and using a capability known as Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore, or JLOTS, has been touted as another way to get food to Gazans caught between the Israeli military and the Palestinian militant group Hamas, which attacked Israel on Oct. 7.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/05/21/gaza-aid-pier-mission-involving-us-troops-is-off-to-a-chaotic-start/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gee, I can't begin to imagine why! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The only scenario I can imagine here is Shortbus Joe is intending to send stuff to Hamas, and screw the civilians.  Hamas is converting the stolen aid into cash by creating a black market, forcing the rest of the people to spend what little they have. 

They are killing their own people, as they have for the past 80 years.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: