Author Topic: Yellen: Inflation Has Fallen, I Think ‘It Will Stabilize in the Next Year or So’  (Read 425 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ian Hanchett 22 May 2024

During an interview with Sky News host and NBC Contributor Wilfred Frost on Tuesday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that inflation has declined from where it was and she believes “it will stabilize in the next year or so.”

In response to a question on poor economic polls, Yellen said, “Well, the pandemic was a difficult experience, consumers, households have been through a lot in the United States because of that. And what they do see is that the level of prices of things they bought just a couple of years ago is noticeably higher than it was back then. Now, it’s also true that wages have gone up and wages have gone up, on average, for Americans, a little bit more than prices have. But I think it’s still noticeable that the cost of living, when it comes to rent or groceries or gas, things that people buy every day, and they’re concerned about that. And President Biden has made his top priority trying to address the costs that households face and bringing it down in meaningful ways, whether it’s capping the cost of insulin that people rely on, health insurance, or energy prices. I would say that, when Americans are asked about their own financial position, the majority of Americans say that they’re doing well and they’re satisfied. Oddly, when asked about the economy as a whole, they’re less positive.”

She continued, “I think it’s our job as policymakers to talk to Americans about where things are, what’s been accomplished. We have the strongest job market in the United States we’ve seen in 50 years. As you said, growth has been exceptionally strong. Job creation has been enormous. And inflation is down by more than two-thirds, and I believe it will stabilize in the next year or so.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/22/yellen-inflation-has-fallen-i-think-it-will-stabilize-in-the-next-year-or-so/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“it will stabilize in the next year or so.”

How absurdly asinine.  Janet, you ignorant slut.

If you and Biden were gone inflation would be gone too. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

I have the feeling that this statement is going to come back and haunt her like the “transitory” comment
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

She's been wrong every time she makes predictions about the future.

Offline LMAO

She's been wrong every time she makes predictions about the future.

She’s Paul Krugman with tits and a vagina
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She’s Paul Krugman with tits and a vagina

Well, that will put an end to any future erections I might have had.

Thanks brother.   :crying:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Inflation will "stabilize" means stuff gets more expensive at a less variable rate.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 04:46:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

Well, that will put an end to any future erections I might have had.

Thanks brother.   :crying:

lol

My apologies

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Inflation will "stabilize" means stuff gets more expensive at a less variable rate.

Correct.  Inflation will "stabilize" at 7% per annum.  And she thinks that's a good thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-