Author Topic: Dutch Farmers Triumph Over Ideological Climate Policies: A Victory for Practicality and Reason  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dutch Farmers Triumph Over Ideological Climate Policies: A Victory for Practicality and Reason
13 hours ago Charles Rotter 39 Comments

In a significant victory for conservative values and practical policy-making, Dutch farmers and a new right-wing coalition government have successfully pushed back against wasteful and impractical climate policies. This remarkable turnaround comes after years of top-down, ideologically driven mandates that threatened both the livelihood of farmers and the economic stability of the Netherlands. This victory is not just a win for Dutch farmers but a promising sign for conservatives worldwide who advocate for sensible, science-based environmental policies.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/05/18/mandatory-heat-pumps-abolished-net-zero-figght-

The Rise of the Right-Wing Coalition

Geert Wilders, a prominent figure in Dutch politics, has led a coalition that marks a decisive shift in the Netherlands’ approach to climate policy. Wilders, often dubbed the “Dutch Trump,” formed a new government that includes the Farmer-Citizen Movement (BBB). This coalition is notable for being the first to prioritize agricultural interests since the EU set its net-zero objectives.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/21/dutch-farmers-triumph-over-ideological-climate-policies-a-victory-for-practicality-and-reason/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson