Author Topic: Opinion | America Hits the Global Snooze Button  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Opinion | America Hits the Global Snooze Button
« on: May 21, 2024, 04:21:41 pm »
Opinion | America Hits the Global Snooze Button

“This is 1938,” historian Timothy Snyder said at a weekend conference in Estonia. He warned that a Ukrainian defeat would shift the calendar to 1939.

Many Americans still don’t fully grasp how serious the international situation has become. Iran has set the Middle East ablaze, Russia is advancing in Ukraine, and China is pursuing pressure campaigns against Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines.

Even more challenging times lie ahead. While Washington and its allies try to calm things and return the world to something like normalcy, the revisionists are strengthening their cooperation and mobilizing their societies and economies for war.

Iran’s sputtering economy has powered its war machine for years. Neither U.S. sanctions nor the costs of supporting proxy militias across the Mideast have prevented Tehran from developing a nuclear program and a massive drone industry. Russia and China are moving in the same direction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/opinion-america-hits-the-global-snooze-button/ar-BB1mJPes
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Opinion | America Hits the Global Snooze Button
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 04:23:10 pm »
Not totally!  The woke button is alive and well. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson