Author Topic: Ad Hominem Backfire in the Energy/Climate Debate  (Read 83 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ad Hominem Backfire in the Energy/Climate Debate
« on: May 21, 2024, 10:40:49 am »
Ad Hominem Backfire in the Energy/Climate Debate
6 hours ago Guest Blogger

By Robert Bradley Jr.

“Get off your high horse, all of us are ‘pro climate’, you just have a different view on how to achieve that. Mr. Bradley interacts with anyone who challenges his statements. As far as your charge that he, “declare a position”? He does so every day. Catch up….” Mark Rohrbacher to Thomas Ortman (below)

Social media exchanges between free market and government energy/climate proponents are an excellent way to understand the arguments, politics, and motivations of all involved. Cancel culture not, may the best ideas win. Here is a LinkedIn exchange of note, where I (and others) rebut a familiar ad hominem. In this case, one Thomas Ortman just … disappeared.

The exchange occurred with a post by Gavin Mooney, self-described “energy transition optimist.”. “Batteries have taken a huge leap forward in California this spring, soaking up solar during the day and discharging it when it’s needed in the evening” he wrote. I responded:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/20/ad-hominem-backfire-in-the-energy-climate-debate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson