Author Topic: Trump suggests he could be a 3-term president if he wins election  (Read 264 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump suggests he could be a 3-term president if he wins election
by Lauren Sforza - 05/19/24 4:50 PM ET

Former President Trump suggested Saturday that he could be considered a three-term president if he clinches a win next November.

Speaking to the National Rifle Association (NRA) on Saturday, Trump questioned whether he would be a two- or three-term president if he secures a win in the 2024 presidential election.

“You know, FDR 16 years, almost 16 years, he was four-term. I don’t know, are we going to be considered three term or two term?” he asked the crowd during the event Saturday.

“Are we three term or two term if we win?” he added.

Someone could be heard shouting “three” as he continued to speak.

Trump has previously said he would not pursue a third term in the White House if he wins November’s election. In an interview with NBC’s Kristen Welker on “Meet the Press” last year, he said he would not pursue a third term in office if elected again.

Presidents are restricted to just two terms of office under the 22nd Amendment. Former President Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected to four terms in office before the amendment was enacted but died early on during his fourth one.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4673353-trump-suggests-he-could-be-a-three-term-president-if-he-wins-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump suggests he could be a 3-term president if he wins election
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 01:52:09 pm »
Basic civics isn’t required in MAGA world
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 02:00:32 pm »
I wish he would stop saying things like this..it just empowers the libs to continue to blast him like they did when he used the term *dictator*... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 05:59:16 pm »
He didn't exactly suggest he could be a three-term president, he asked (probably sarcastically) whether his 2025-29 term should be considered a third term, since he actually was elected in 2020. An unnecessary and unhelpful comment, but there we are.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 06:33:00 pm »
Technically he could run for reelection in 2028, but seriously I'm done with old farts being President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”