Author Topic: Whitehouse: Trump Made ‘Obvious Quid Pro Quo’ to Oil Executives  (Read 288 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whitehouse: Trump Made ‘Obvious Quid Pro Quo’ to Oil Executives

Pam Key 19 May 2024

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) said Sunday on MSNBC’s “Velshi” that former President Donald Trump made an “obvious quid pro quo” when he allegedly asked for a $1 billion donation from oil executives during a meeting at his Mar-a-Lago resort last month.

Whitehouse said, “The problem we have is a little bit like the House. If we issue subpoenas, as the Judiciary Committee did to pursue the payments made to Justice Thomas, the Republicans said they would not enforce the subpoenas and they said they don’t comply and we won’t let them enforce it. I would expect something like that to happen. So a lot of this work is being prepared for is the day when perhaps the House comes back into Democratic hands and subpoenas can be enforced without winning a filibuster. A lot of preparatory work can go into that. It’s not like we are losing a lot of time, but the real game day begins after the November election when we find out whether we can enforce subpoenas against this industry or if the Department of Justice decides to have a look into this because they don’t need a vote of the Senate to investigate.”

He added, “What we see here is massive predication for an investigation to look into the context of what was said around it and what paper trail exists or was there a deal leading up to this that he had to confirm publicly in order to cement it? What is the context, and you cannot make a case without investigating the context. But this really demands to be investigated. It is obvious quid pro quo. You give me $1 billion and I will give you relief from regulations that protect the public health against your product.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/19/whitehouse-trump-made-obvious-quid-pro-quo-to-oil-executives/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I guess you can impeach him after he wins in Nov..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I can not prove that this didn't happen, but I do know enough that what is involved in annual SEC 10-K reporting, that it is near to impossible to hide $1B even if it was spread over the 5 largest in Big Oil.  These reports go into that level of detail, often down to the $.

Is this reporter maybe thinking that this was done via API (American Petroleum Institute) or other Trade Group?  Then the transaction is 100% valid and legal as a campaign donation/ lobby transaction.

More validity to this assumption? No single company is cited.  Until then, this dim POS, can stick it up his ass.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 08:05:52 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

He claims an obvious quid pro quo,  and then theorizes on  the rest of it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

Why would EEEEeeeeee-VILE oil execs pay Trump to do what everyone knows he will do anyway?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

He claims an obvious quid pro quo,  and then theorizes on  the rest of it
Until Sen. Whites-Only can provide some evidence, perhaps he should keep his yap shut.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org