Author Topic: Solar Scams Mushroom As Homeowners Get Duped With Clean Energy Loans  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Solar Scams Mushroom As Homeowners Get Duped With Clean Energy Loans
by Breanne Deppisch  2 days ago in Extreme Weather, Green Energy, News Reading Time: 4 mins read

Consumers are falling prey to scams that have proliferated under largely unregulated loan programs designed to help homeowners make energy-efficient upgrades to their properties. [emphasis, links added]

Consumer groups allege the program is often used to sign consumers on to high-risk, high-interest rate loans, often with little knowledge of the terms of repayment or the possibilities of mortgage default and foreclosure.

Residential Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs are a type of loan overseen by state or local governments that allows private lenders to fund certain energy-efficient and renewable energy projects that often carry high upfront costs.

These projects range from the installation of solar panels or more efficient doors and windows to water efficiency upgrades and in-home electric vehicle charging.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/solar-scams-mushroom-as-homeowners-get-duped-with-clean-energy-loans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson