Author Topic: Study: Bison fight climate change  (Read 388 times)

Offline libertybele

Study: Bison fight climate change
« on: May 18, 2024, 04:40:05 pm »
Study: Bison fight climate change

A single herd of bison — 170 head strong — stores enough carbon to offset 43,000 U.S. cars according to a new study.

What’s the science behind that, you ask? Dr. Oswald Schmitz of the Yale School of the Environment told The Guardian about his study, which focused on European bison in Romania.

“Bison influence grassland and forest ecosystems by grazing grasslands evenly, recycling nutrients to fertilize the soil and all of its life, dispersing seeds to enrich the ecosystem, and compacting the soil to prevent stored carbon from being released,” said Schmitz. “Restoring these ecosystems can bring back balance.”

In other words, bison keep habitats and ecosystems healthy and vibrant, and healthy ecosystems store carbon.

There’s a growing understanding that sea kelp and trees, especially older, bigger trees, can fight against climate change. This new report shows that wildlife, in this case bison, are a big part of this picture.

Of course, the other reason to care about all this is simply that bison are awesome, beautiful creatures, and efforts to build up bison populations in the U.S. are underway. This would restore ecosystems in the American plains and yield climate benefits.

Nature is connected in so many ways..................

https://environmentamerica.org/oregon/center/updates/study-bison-fight-climate-change/
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Study: Bison fight climate change
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 07:11:21 pm »
 ////00000////

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 07:24:51 pm »
////00000////

I consider Gore one of the biggest farts on Earth, so :whistle: Also he contributes less to the Earth than a single pile of Bison doodoo :shrug:

Anyone else look at picture of Gore and think he looks constipated?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 07:27:33 pm by GtHawk »

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 07:29:22 pm »
So from a volumetric perspective what does that come to in Farts Per Million.

ManBearPig is dying to know.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 07:30:59 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 10:59:11 pm »
Morons. They prove their ignorance. A Bison is bovine. ANY BOVINE does exactly the same dang thing. You could say any ungulate and still be right, though it depends upon the terrain.

But in a word, COWS.

DUH.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 11:07:41 pm »
Morons. They prove their ignorance. A Bison is bovine. ANY BOVINE does exactly the same dang thing. You could say any ungulate and still be right, though it depends upon the terrain.

But in a word, COWS.

DUH.
Yep. Cows fill the niche on the prairie Bison did. Duh.

It's downright painful to watch the stupid ooze out of the Klimate Kult.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2024, 11:32:22 pm »
Yep. Cows fill the niche on the prairie Bison did. Duh.

It's downright painful to watch the stupid ooze out of the Klimate Kult.

using cattle in restorative farming - replacing topsoil where it is all gone - It is an amazement.
That is the truth of it.

Now... Bison would do the same. They're just way, way harder to manage.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 12:00:14 am »
using cattle in restorative farming - replacing topsoil where it is all gone - It is an amazement.
That is the truth of it.

Now... Bison would do the same. They're just way, way harder to manage.
Yeah, my wife's uncle raised them. Forget barbed wire, they don't notice it. It takes steel corral panels to keep 'em in. Mean critters.

Cattle are puppies by comparison.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 12:27:52 am »
Yeah, my wife's uncle raised them. Forget barbed wire, they don't notice it. It takes steel corral panels to keep 'em in. Mean critters.

Cattle are puppies by comparison.

yup.