Author Topic: Lockheed running out of parking space amid F-35 delays, says watchdog  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed running out of parking space amid F-35 delays, says watchdog
By Stephen Losey
 May 16, 2024, 04:55 PM

A U.S. Air Force F-35A jet flies at Hill Air Force Base, Utah, on Jan. 11, 2024. A group of upgrades to the F-35's cockpit displays and computers is about a year late. (Staff Sgt. Kaitlyn Ergish/U.S. Air Force)
Lockheed Martin is running out of space to store undelivered F-35 Joint Strike Fighters as the jets’ upgrade effort remains behind schedule, the U.S. Government Accountability Office said in a report released Thursday.

Furthermore, the F-35 program’s testing capacity is stretched thin and will worsen once the Technology Refresh 3 software upgrade and the Block 4 update are ready, GAO found.

TR-3 involves a slate of improvements for the aircraft, such as improved cockpit displays, better computer memory and more processing power. TR-3 is needed before another group of more in-depth upgrades, known as Block 4, can be installed on the F-35. Block 4 will allow the jet to carry more weapons and provide upgrades to its electronic warfare capabilities.

https://www.navytimes.com/air/2024/05/16/lockheed-running-out-of-parking-space-amid-f-35-delays-says-watchdog/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson