Author Topic: New rocket docket for adult migrant arrivals announced  (Read 108 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New rocket docket for adult migrant arrivals announced
« on: May 17, 2024, 04:39:40 pm »
New rocket docket for adult migrant arrivals announced
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: May 16, 2024 / 04:06 PM CDT

Updated: May 16, 2024 / 04:16 PM CDT

Pilot program to launch in five cities

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — The Biden administration on Thursday launched a new rocket docket process in five cities to quickly screen and remove unqualifying migrants who cross the border seeking U.S. asylum.

The announcement came the same day as several reports that the Biden administration plans to shut down the Southwest border if migrant encounters exceed 4,000 per day.

Biden plans order to shut border when crossings hit 4,000 daily: Report
The Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice said Thursday that the new Recent Arrivals Docket process will more expeditiously resolve immigration cases for non-citizen single adults who arrive between legal U.S. ports of entry.

A similar rocket docket system for families called the Dedicated Docket was started in 2021. However, migrant advocates said the system did not allow families enough time to gather information and plead immigration cases.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/new-rocket-docket-for-adult-migrant-arrivals-announced/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson