Author Topic: Concerns about exploding electric vehicles are increasing  (Read 393 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Concerns about exploding electric vehicles are increasing
« on: May 17, 2024, 11:05:11 am »
Concerns about exploding electric vehicles are increasing

Screenshot.

By Chris Morrison

Safety concerns around electric vehicles continue to grow, with Australian Fire and Rescue Services in New South Wales claiming they may have to "tactically withdraw" from a trapped car crash victim if the battery is likely to explode. Australian journalist Jo Nova reported on the story, which was first mentioned  in the EV blog  The Driven ,  and noted :

“They say first responders need more training, as if this can be solved with a certificate, but the hard truth is they are talking about training firefighters and truck drivers to recognize when to stop the rescue.”

The Driven , a widely read blog that appears to be very sympathetic to the rollout of electric vehicles, reported on recent testimony given in the NSW government's electric and hybrid vehicle battery inquiry. The writer suggested that emergency workers were not adequately trained to deal with electric vehicle collisions, and that in the most serious cases crews could be forced to abandon rescue efforts. One specific concern was the need to quickly free a trapped victim after an accident by dragging the person out in a "very undesirable manner". Fire is a major risk in any car accident, but can be quickly controlled in an internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle.

https://www.climategate.nl/2024/05/zorgen-over-exploderende-elektrische-voertuigen-nemen-toe/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Concerns about exploding electric vehicles are increasing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 12:40:52 pm »
Of course the beandog troll will chalk this up to statistical noise, and continue his left wing rants supporting this scam.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.