Author Topic: The State of Defense 2024  (Read 80 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The State of Defense 2024
« on: May 16, 2024, 03:56:49 pm »

The State of Defense 2024
DEFENSE ONE STAFF | APRIL 8, 2024
PENTAGON ARMY NAVY AIR FORCE MARINE CORPS SPACE FORCE

The Pentagon is pressing ahead with new tech and new tactics in 2024, many inspired by the conflicts in Ukraine, the Red Sea, and elsewhere. It's also working hard to boost production of existing weapons and figure out just how it would wage a major conflict in the Pacific. But progress has been hindered by the budgetary chaos in Congress, where debate is just beginning on next year's spending plan.

Defense One is proud to present State of Defense 2024, a service-by-service look at how the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force are modernizing and positioning for the year ahead. Read:

State of the Army by Sam Skove
State of the Navy by Bradley Peniston
State of the Air Force by Audrey Decker
State of the Marine Corps by Sam Skove
State of the Space Force by Audrey Decker
And watch our interviews with the services' top leaders:

Gen. Randy George, Army Chief of Staff
Adm. Lisa Franchetti, Chief of Naval Operations
Gen. David Allvin, Chief of Staff of the Air Force
Gen. Christopher Mahoney, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps
Gen. Chance Saltzman, Chief of Space Operations
The entire package of video interviews with service leaders, outside experts, and more is available at State of Defense 2024 event page.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/04/state-defense-2024/395448/?oref=d1-skybox
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson