Author Topic: Air Force instructor pilot dies after ejection seat accident  (Read 104 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force instructor pilot dies after ejection seat accident
By Rachel S. Cohen
 May 14, 2024, 02:17 PM

A U.S. Air Force instructor pilot died from his injuries after his plane’s ejection seat activated while on the ground Monday at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas.

Capt. John Robertson of the 80th Operations Support Squadron died early Tuesday morning after being severely injured when the ejection seat of the T-6A Texan II aircraft he was sitting in activated during ground operations, the base said in a Tuesday release.

“This is a devastating loss for Captain Robertson’s family and loved ones, and for the entire 80th Flying Training Wing,” Col. Mitchell Cok, the acting wing commander, said in the release. “Captain Robertson was a highly valued airman and instructor pilot. Our deepest condolences go with all who knew and loved him.”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2024/05/14/air-force-instructor-pilot-dies-after-ejection-seat-accident/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson