Author Topic: 2 people in ICE custody after attempting to breach Virginia Marine base  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2 people in ICE custody after attempting to breach Virginia Marine base
By Irene Loewenson
 May 14, 2024, 04:29 PM

The Marine Corps prevented two people from breaking onto a Marine installation in Virginia on May 3 and turned them over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The two people drove up to the Fuller Road Gate of Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, in a box truck and were stopped by military sentries, Capt. Michael Curtis, a spokesman for the base, said in a statement to Marine Corps Times on Tuesday.

“When asked, the operator of the truck informed the military police officers they worked for a company subcontracted by Amazon and were making a delivery to the U.S. Post Office located in the Town of Quantico,” Curtis said in the statement.

Because the two had no affiliation with the Marine base and no credentials to enter it, military police officers directed them to go to a holding area to undergo standard vetting procedures, according to Curtis. But the driver blew past the holding area and attempted to drive onto the base.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/05/14/2-people-in-ice-custody-after-attempting-to-breach-virginia-marine-base/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
But the driver blew past the holding area and attempted to drive onto the base.

And here is how the story should have ended...'And then the armed Marine guards opened fire killing both the drive and his passenger'. FAFO!