Author Topic: Catholic bishops urge Congress to spend $20 BILLION on programs that could INCREASE illegal immigrat  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Catholic bishops urge Congress to spend $20 BILLION on programs that could INCREASE illegal immigration

05/13/2024 // Laura Harris // 620 Views

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is urging Congress to allocate $20 billion on migration-related spending projects that would inevitably increase illegal immigration into the United States.In a letter dated April 25, Bishop Mark J. Seitz of the Diocese of El Paso, Texas and chairman of the USCCB's Committee on Migration, urged lawmakers to provide more taxpayer-funded resources for different government and non-profit-run initiatives for the upcoming 2025 fiscal year. These initiatives will support the humanitarian needs of immigrants, refugees, asylees, asylum seekers, unaccompanied migrant children, survivors of torture, victims of human trafficking and others.
"As Congress begins its work on Fiscal Year 2025 appropriations, several policy committees of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops will be engaging lawmakers on appropriations matters under their purview, expressing views on funding that supports the poor, migrants and refugees, foreign assistance, environmental protection, access to healthcare, housing, and nutrition and other programs that help individuals and families to live with dignity," Seitz wrote.
However, the letter also includes an appeal for the government to provide resources to the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) to speed up court hearings for illegal immigrants, or so-called "noncitizens."
"In addition to EOIR's backlog reduction efforts, we strongly support increased funding for Legal Access Programs, which includes the Legal Orientation Program, the Legal Orientation Program for Custodians of Unaccompanied Children, and the Recognition and Accreditation Program. Collectively, these programs not only provide crucial legal information to those with immigration court cases but also help streamline proceedings, making them more efficient and cost-effective, as well as fair," he wrote.

Catholic bishops urge Congress to spend $20 BILLION on programs that could INCREASE illegal immigration – NaturalNews.com
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think the Catholic Church should pony up the money since it probably has more disposable money right now than the US. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson