Author Topic: Axelrod: Biden Is Self-Congratulating, Not ‘Advocating for People in a Tough Economy Because of the  (Read 222 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axelrod: Biden Is Self-Congratulating, Not ‘Advocating for People in a Tough Economy Because of the Inflation’

Ian Hanchett 15 May 2024

On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” CNN Senior Political Commentator and former Obama adviser David Axelrod stated that while democracy issues are important, “if you’re sitting around the kitchen table talking about democracy and the future of democracy, it’s [probably] because you don’t have to worry about the cost of the food on your table.” And President Joe Biden “seems more intent on defending his economic performance and getting credit for the good work that he has done in many ways and not really advocating for people in a tough economy because of the inflation.”

Axelrod said, “I’ve said from the beginning, if you’re sitting around the kitchen — and I feel strongly about these democracy issues, I think they’re very, very important — but if you’re sitting around the kitchen table talking about democracy and the future of democracy, it’s [probably] because you don’t have to worry about the cost of the food on your table. If you have to worry about that, it’s more likely the thing on your mind. And I think there, I’ve been — I’ve said before, I think the President needs to lean into those issues a lot more. He seems more intent on defending his economic performance and getting credit for the good work that he has done in many ways and not really advocating for people in a tough economy because of the inflation.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/15/axelrod-biden-is-self-congratulating-not-advocating-for-people-in-a-tough-economy-because-of-the-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And President Joe Biden “seems more intent on defending his economic performance and getting credit for the good work that he has done in many ways and not really advocating for people in a tough economy because of the inflation.”

Wow, I got stuck in a little time loop reading this because...what friggin good works?

Offline LMAO

Is Biden even aware that inflation is still a problem?

He mentions it now and then but how much is that is because he’s being told it’s a problem and then soon forgets?

At least Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter did recognize inflation as a problem for the economy and Jimmy Carter appointed Paul Volcker to chairman of the Federal Reserve
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

Is Biden even aware that inflation is still a problem?

He mentions it now and then but how much is that is because he’s being told it’s a problem and then soon forgets?

At least Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter did recognize inflation as a problem for the economy and Jimmy Carter appointed Paul Volcker to chairman of the Federal Reserve

I doubt that he believes there is a problem. He has convinced himself that inflation was 9 per cent and now it's not. Whether it be dementia or intentional lies (or both) it's what he thinks.

Most people don't think there is a problem until it affects them.